Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 08:58 PM

18 posts, read 5,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
36 hours.....are you counting them?

Dude, move on.
It was on snapchat, so when i open the app to text my friends shes at the bottom and it says delivered <x hours ago>

I do agree i need to move on, but its kinda in an awkward state because we were planning our date. Should i just ignore her and pretend like i never texted her in the first place, lol? Or should i say something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 06:47 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I would say something. I'll be a petty b**ch because I don't believe in letting people get away with treating others like crap.

Don't say anything yet. But when the day of the date comes, if you still haven't heard from her, text her and say, "I guess you're ghosting me. You could have just said something. Take care..." or something like that.

People can be so ridiculously immature.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:56 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
Oh gosh, you set a date 5 days away. You don't need her address 5 days in advance. I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Just wait until closer to the date, send a note to confirm, and take it from there. I mean, yes, it seems as though she is not head over heels for you, but she very well could be open to meeting with you and seeing what happens.

And BirdieBelle, of course they are immature. They're in high school.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post

Kindergartners can be taught basic manners.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Oh gosh, you set a date 5 days away. You don't need her address 5 days in advance. I think you're blowing this out of proportion. Just wait until closer to the date, send a note to confirm, and take it from there. I mean, yes, it seems as though she is not head over heels for you, but she very well could be open to meeting with you and seeing what happens.

I think youre right. Im going to just wait until the day of, and if she hasnt said anything then ill say something.

I'm not worried about the fact that she may not be into me, I've been told that once I to talk to someone they are surprised at how different I am compared to what they expected. Hopefully she pulls through and gives me that chance, if not, her loss!

Old 11-15-2019, 03:35 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
When you get to the day of the date and she tells you "she's sick", she's lying.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
When you get to the day of the date and she tells you "she's sick", she's lying.
LOL, you are killing me poochie. Dang...LOL

Old 11-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dating_Again_Wisc View Post
My best friend recently told me I have a habit of being aloof when it comes to women that are interested in me. I will admit, I have enjoyed my independence in the past and avoided dating for fear of being trapped in a committed relationship. Now I am dating a woman that chased/pursued me. She told me I have not been aloof at all since we started dating, but was aloof at first to the point where she almost gave up. I am glad she continued to chase me as our first 2 months have been incredible. We seem to be on the same page as far as this having long term potential.

Point being....if you're even a bit interested or she is, go for it. You could end up missing out on something amazing if you don't.
You were Right Out of frustration I was going to say something petty, but decided to give her one last chance. I texted her just now, and told her that she shouldve said something, and that its not a big deal if she isnt interested, and that she can be honest. She replied with a huge paragraph, and told me everything.

She told me that she still isnt over her past relationship, and that she thinks im an amazing person, and didnt reject me because she likes me too and didnt want me to forget about her. She told me that she was so happy when I called her and asked her out, but it wouldnt be fair to me to because she isnt ready. She said that she hopes that I can give her another chance when she is ready, because I am someone she can see herself with.

For once, I am not confused and it all makes sense. Thank you to everyone who helped me through this. I am so relieved

Old 11-17-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidel View Post
You were Right Out of frustration I was going to say something petty, but decided to give her one last chance. I texted her just now, and told her that she shouldve said something, and that its not a big deal if she isnt interested, and that she can be honest. She replied with a huge paragraph, and told me everything.

She told me that she still isnt over her past relationship, and that she thinks im an amazing person, and didnt reject me because she likes me too and didnt want me to forget about her. She told me that she was so happy when I called her and asked her out, but it wouldnt be fair to me to because she isnt ready. She said that she hopes that I can give her another chance when she is ready, because I am someone she can see herself with.

For once, I am not confused and it all makes sense. Thank you to everyone who helped me through this. I am so relieved
At least she said something. She isn't ready, if she was going to ghost you.

Good for you.

Old 11-17-2019, 06:09 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Ask her if she is seeing someone. I'd the answer is no, then ask her out. If you've known her since grade school you should have stuff to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships