Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 04:51 AM

1,579 posts, read 950,511 times

Advertisements

I noticed men doing this way back when I was using online dating. It’s important to mention you have a kid or kids, for some that’s a deal breaker and you don’t want to waste their time or yours. But posting pictures is short sighted. I used it as a way to weed out men who I though were lacking an understanding of personal safety for their loved ones or lacked an understand boundaries. I’d suggest you could do the same for women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 05:13 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
People use bad judgment all the time online.

I was reading about this phenomenon the other day, about how it can attract pedophiles who want access to your kids, and one article said that men do this 3-1 over women.

I’m sure y’all weren’t looking at men’s profiles though.

Was this on Tinder?
That is scary. I agree that posting pictures of your children on a dating website is bad judgment for this reason alone. Sure, there might be that one guy who is looking for a bigger family. My neighbor is single and so far he has married (divorced now) and dated women who have children. But more than likely that one guy like my neighbor is not as common.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:36 AM

277 posts, read 773,599 times
It is just in really poor taste to include pics of children on dating sites/apps, end of story.

When I was in that scene, it was an immediate pass for me 100% of the time. First impressions mean everything, and it shows a total lack of judgement.

Another thing I saw a lot was women including pics of kids that weren't even their own, like a niece/nephew or friend's kid. So wrong and oblivious. Kids are off limits, period.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:33 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
It is just in really poor taste to include pics of children on dating sites/apps, end of story.

When I was in that scene, it was an immediate pass for me 100% of the time. First impressions mean everything, and it shows a total lack of judgement.

Another thing I saw a lot was women including pics of kids that weren't even their own, like a niece/nephew or friend's kid. So wrong and oblivious. Kids are off limits, period.
That too: “This is my niece”.
Oh? Did she always want to be on OK Cupid by the time she was 8? Does her mom know she’s on a dating app?
Don’t even get me started on the dogs that aren’t theirs!

Old 11-09-2019, 02:07 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Thanks for the responses.. By what all of you have been mentioning, it might be just a select few employing bad judgment out of the many who are more cautious.

Honestly, i am pleasantly surprised by the responses in kind. I seriously anticipated a totally different set of responses, considering some being sensitive to single parents, and their newly found independence.

Pretty cool!

Old 11-09-2019, 02:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

Honestly, i am pleasantly surprised by the responses in kind. I seriously anticipated a totally different set of responses, considering some being sensitive to single parents, and their newly found independence.
Well, I don't believe in demonizing single parents, but when you're a parent, the well-being of your kids HAS to be your first priority.

Most parents probably see themselves as a package deal, but there are ways to get that across without putting your kids' photos on a dating app.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:30 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,520,107 times
Default sasie123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae Maes Garden View Post
Pedophiles love to search out women with children. The women don’t see it that way.....they want daddy prospects. Another bad choice.
PEDOPHILES search women with children, because it is the CHILDREN they want to sexually abuse, they really do not care a hoot for the mother.........

Old 11-09-2019, 03:28 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
PEDOPHILES search women with children, because it is the CHILDREN they want to sexually abuse, they really do not care a hoot for the mother.........
Agree. Isn’t that what I alluded to?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:01 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
First, this is not to bash/undermine single mothers/dads. I am simply asking for some perspective. I am always analyzing and just as some are interested in science or history, I am interested in human/social dynamics.

So, I have a couple buddies in their mid 30s, who came to Tampa to visit for the Veteran's Holiday, and are in hopes of possibly moving here soon. That being said they have been on OLD sites just to have an idea of what Tampa has to offer. To their surprise, and I don't know if it is area specific, but they have noticed quite a few single mothers readily selfying with their children. We are not talking about low income either. Evidently, I have read that single dads are just as bad.

However, from the both of them, they came across quite a few profiles stating that the women have children, and while their children came first, they often stated that "we, as in mother and children, wouldn't mind making space for a king". Of course not all were of the same, but many were eerily similar.

Again, not to bash single parents and I don't know if it is a Florida thing, but to put your kids out there so quickly? Don't women realize that this type of delivery is an automatic turnoff for men? Yes, being honest about having children is key. But to collectively involve them is somewhat unusual.

Although my wife being from Europe, I know for a fact that if she and I were to ever separate, she would never collectively involve my children, let alone have them on a dating site. I would have issues with her even entertaining the idea of posting my children on dating sites

So, what gives? Why have the children so readily upfront? Is this an American thing? Is there a culture shift that promotes this new approach for single parents?

Again, just curious...
Yeah....I would say the tackiest of these selfies would be the kid in the back of the SUV in a booster seat.

Or.....her in a bikini in a bathroom mirror with the kid photo bombng it. The latter reminds me of Jerry Spiringer material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships