Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 12:10 PM

599 posts, read 263,246 times

Advertisements

It sounds like she tried to convince herself about you and you were a guy there to support her and her kids. She probably felt it was wrong to lead you on and finally came clean. Her comment a month ago is a clue to that. She just isn't as into you as you are her. She could see you were heading towards marriage and you were a good boyfriend for now. So sorry, it's tough when reality hits you in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 12:28 PM

92 posts, read 40,962 times
Literally feel like I've lost family right here before the holidays. Seems almost unreal. We were practically best friends. I mean we're in our mid 30s and we would occasionally do childish things for fun. We would go swimming in my cousin's pool in the middle of the night while he was sleeping, stole a road sign(Named after my granddad, always wanted to do it), visited different cities together, NYC for her birthday since we had never been before. So many great memories. Rarely fought.

I want to believe that after a few weeks she will remember all the times we've had and maybe miss me at least a little but I feel like I'm just reaching for false hope. Sometimes I feel like I meant nothing to her.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:52 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
It sounds like she tried to convince herself about you and you were a guy there to support her and her kids. She probably felt it was wrong to lead you on and finally came clean. Her comment a month ago is a clue to that. She just isn't as into you as you are her. She could see you were heading towards marriage and you were a good boyfriend for now. So sorry, it's tough when reality hits you in the face.
This is what I suspect also. Were you paying for all these trips and outings?

Perhaps she realized she needed you more than wanted you, and had the wisdom to realize that and make the hard decision in the best interests of herself and her family. No one wants to be in a loveless marriage no matter the material rewards.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:58 PM

599 posts, read 263,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz85 View Post
Literally feel like I've lost family right here before the holidays. Seems almost unreal. We were practically best friends. I mean we're in our mid 30s and we would occasionally do childish things for fun. We would go swimming in my cousin's pool in the middle of the night while he was sleeping, stole a road sign(Named after my granddad, always wanted to do it), visited different cities together, NYC for her birthday since we had never been before. So many great memories. Rarely fought.

I want to believe that after a few weeks she will remember all the times we've had and maybe miss me at least a little but I feel like I'm just reaching for false hope. Sometimes I feel like I meant nothing to her.
I am sure she had some feelings for you for her to be with you for a year. Just not enough to justify moving in and going forward. I think she was being honest and she probably let it go on longer than she meant to.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:07 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wouldn't consider it wasted time for either of you during the relationship. But right now she is a waste of time. Let her find someone else and you do the same.

For sake of argument, lets say she was not in love with you. Would you have rather she got married and years later divorced? Or to get out now, even if it was months later than it should have been? There are times when decisions are about minimizing loss rather than maximizing gain.

Put her and rest of her family on your phone's ignore list.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:15 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
Amigo, let her go, it is the best thing for both of you. You cannot force someone to reciprocate feelings they do not have. You likely are the best thing in her life, her family and friends can see that, but what you don't have is that connection to her that makes her sizzle inside, that nebulous "it" that so many women want to feel. It will never be there for her, and she will always be looking for it on the horizon.

It is a sad reflection of reality for many people. I say this posting, only having read your posts and have not yet allowed other's opinions to cloud my analysis.

She will never be truly happy with you, she wants that elusive "it", you are likely the best man she has ever known, but the heart wants what it wants, and for her, you are not it.

I am sad for you, and sad for her children, but in the end this likely would end in pain for all, or long term depression for her.

But you should walk away, even if she relents. No matter what she does going forward you would be playing a hand in a game that was stacked against you.

You will find someone who will cherish you for you.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:19 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adognamedsam View Post
box up her stuff and put it in the garage or shed.

Put away any photos of the two of you together.

Upload pics of you two and the boys up to the cloud and delete them from your phone.

Not helpful to have those constant reminders.
+ 1

Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times
Just remind yourself. You had a life before you even knew she existed, and therefore you will have a life after her as well.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:52 PM

92 posts, read 40,962 times
Another reason why I thought everything was okay is a couple days before Halloween she was making some treats for her coworkers and I was trying to super glue some skeletons on a bucket and they wouldn't stick so I finally gave up. She came back and said "You're just going to give up on us like that too?" in a jokingly way.

Guess none of that matters anymore. Just reaching for something that isn't there anymore. False hope. Miss everything about her. Damn.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz85 View Post
Another reason why I thought everything was okay is a couple days before Halloween she was making some treats for her coworkers and I was trying to super glue some skeletons on a bucket and they wouldn't stick so I finally gave up. She came back and said "You're just going to give up on us like that too?" in a jokingly way.

Guess none of that matters anymore. Just reaching for something that isn't there anymore. False hope. Miss everything about her. Damn.
I think her statement was further proof she saw you are more of a provider for the family than a romantic partner for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships