Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 09:29 AM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's yet another moment to take a breath and ask yourself how important this particular thing is in the grand scheme.
Sage advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 09:30 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Sage advice.

It is. But I am curious to know why you're dodging my question to your first initial post?

Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
It is. But I am curious to know why you're dodging my question to your first initial post?
I'm not dodging anything. You have a serious problem with your temper. That's why you are having problems with everyone in your life.

It's not about OCD or possible autism.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:24 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
I think your GF secretly wants you to get a backbone and banter back at these fools.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I'm not dodging anything. You have a serious problem with your temper. That's why you are having problems with everyone in your life.

Well it sure took you long enough to say that LOL. I don't have a serious temper. Her temper is way worse than mine, and she even said that herself. Also, everyone in my life? That's funny, because MY actual friends and I have no issues, and the same for my family.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I think your GF secretly wants you to get a backbone and banter back at these fools.

I have bantered back at them before. The problem is some of the "jokes" they say are tired and old, and I get a vibe that they're using those jokes as a cover up to let me know how they truly feel.

Last edited by DK736; 11-22-2019 at 11:01 AM..

Old 11-22-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Well it sure took you long enough to say that LOL. I don't have a serious temper. Her temper is way worse than mine, and she even said that herself. Also, everyone in my life? That's funny, because MY actual friends and I have no issues, and the same for my family.
You can't fix a problem that you refuse to acknowledge.

I'm going to leave it at that, as you're clearly not looking to have an honest discussion.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
You can't fix a problem that you refuse to acknowledge.

I'm going to leave it at that, as you're clearly not looking to have an honest discussion.

I just want to know what makes you think I have a serious temper. Yeah, I get angry, as most people do. But I don't go into a violent rage or do something insanely over the top due to being angry.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:38 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
A thought that's been buggin' me here, in the back of my mind.

Among your girlfriend's friends, is there a guy that wants to be with her, and the insults are "the collective" 's means of subtle sabotage ? Trying to drive a wedge between the two of you ?

Old 11-22-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I just want to know what makes you think I have a serious temper. Yeah, I get angry, as most people do. But I don't go into a violent rage or do something insanely over the top due to being angry.
Some comments you've made:

Quote:
I snapped at one of her friends this past weekend
Quote:
I can be sensitive, and overly defensive. I ended up cussing one of them out when I felt like I was being attacked, and they decided it was best to not include me in anything anymore.
Quote:
It sucks seeing other friends I used to hang out with still having a solid crew to do all the fun things we did. Seeing them take vacations, and wedding photos crushes me.
Quote:
I snapped and got him on the ground and just started wailing on him, and decked the principal and school officer in the face when they both tried to restrain me.
Quote:
I was ready to explode. She told me to calm down
Quote:
I also told her the next time Greg disrespects me like that, he gets one good warning. After that, it's a fist to the face.
I can probably find more, but this should be enough to get my point across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships