Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:42 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
These people weren't just joking around, they were being hostile. When people joke around, everyone finds it funny. When everyone but one person finds it funny, then it is an attack against that isolated individual.

These are your girlfriends friends... she took their side. She could not even sympathize with your position. Unless you intend to live a life of conflict, I suggest you find a new girlfriend because she does not have enough maturity to understand what it means to be in a healthy relationship. It sounds as though she and her friends are still stuck in the high school popularity contest mindset. Find someone who makes you a better person and wants to build you up, not tear you down.

Thank you. I did laugh and enjoy the banter in the beginning, but when they all gang up it can be overkill. It goes from "good one!" to, "OK, not really funny anymore." I told her that while I appreciated her saying what she did say in terms of sticking up for me, that I was also hurt that she can't even take a moment to sympathize for me, or step back to see how I truly feel. She told me she doesn't have sympathy because her friends crack jokes on everyone and this is how they are, and that I am taking it personally. When it's just me and my girlfriend, or with my friends, everything is great. It's just this ongoing issue with her friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I think I would have told him to go f himself.

I don't think your GF's friends are the problem. Sounds like your GF is down with being someone you should tell to f herself.

I told her yesterday how I took the high road and could've easily told this dude to F off. I told her next time if he keeps pushing my buttons I will. Her response was, "crappy attitude, revengeful, and bent on telling someone off because you're all up in your feelings. Real mature."

Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
I told her yesterday how I took the high road and could've easily told this dude to F off. I told her next time if he keeps pushing my buttons I will. Her response was, "crappy attitude, revengeful, and bent on telling someone off because you're all up in your feelings. Real mature."
What does this mean? Does this mean she could not give a rat's ass about your feelings? Kinda sounds like it. She does not sound like a winner to me.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Are you certain that she is not taking advantage of your self proclaimed social issues?

I would certainly hope not. I don't think so. My sister and a few of my family members said it's pretty obvious that she is insecure with herself, so it would be pretty messed up if she was doing that. But I don't think that's the case.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I would certainly hope not. I don't think so. My sister and a few of my family members said it's pretty obvious that she is insecure with herself, so it would be pretty messed up if she was doing that. But I don't think that's the case.
One would think that having a similar problem, as I read it, insecurity would make them more likely to be good about it. I don't see it. More likely that she is dysfunctional in her own ways. In any event, it does not sound caring to me.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
What does this mean? Does this mean she could not give a rat's ass about your feelings? Kinda sounds like it. She does not sound like a winner to me.

Basically means I'm in my head making it all about me because no one was picking on me.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

When it's just me and my girlfriend, or with my friends, everything is great. It's just this ongoing issue with her friends.
You two don’t live on an island. This is NOT just about her friends.

Her reaction is VERY concerning.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Basically means I'm in my head making it all about me because no one was picking on me.
The things you quote certainly would have been beyond my tolerance for "joking".

Old 11-18-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You two don’t live on an island. This is NOT just about her friends.

Her reaction is VERY concerning.

Is there a deeper meaning behind it?

Old 11-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Is there a deeper meaning behind it?
Yah. She is not very caring or concerned about YOUR feelings and would rather blow it off to get along. AND it is ok to simply blame you since you actively seek help with social issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships