Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 03:57 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Agreed. You can fall in love even when you don't intend to. Happens all the time. Although it happens to both sexes, I think it happens to women more often.
Or either of them could form an unhealthy attachment that is awkward or unpleasant to deal with. You really just never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 05:42 PM

6,881 posts, read 7,876,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriosityofCat View Post
Ok. So I am looking for a few thoughts.

There's an older guy am interested in. Would say mutual interest. No, not looking for a 'daddy' just there's something about him. Enough would even consider a fling / friends with benefits, if an actual relationship happens it happens, which as I'm someone who is rather picky about partners says a lot. As a British friend would put it I'd like him to give me a good rogering, same friend also bluntly informed me to simply fk him and get this out of my system. The irony is is it's not simple lust as there's no delusional concept of him being something or someone he's not, conversations aren't just sexual, etc.

My thing is should I? I'm the sort that puts logic before emotion in most situations so I don't see myself getting deluded with concepts of love if just a causal thing. But at the same time, as said, the idea be it a fling, friend with benefits, or a fk or two to get it out of my system is quite against my norm that am not sure if worth it.

Ps. I'm not desperate or anything. I'm a good looking woman. It's just the attraction is quite strong.
I could have written your post this summer.

Turns out, men who are 65 are really not at all savvy about the ins and outs of modern relationships. I couldn't shake Mr. Clingy. He didn't want to 'date' but he wanted to hang out on my porch and have sex every day.

We are still friends but haven't had sex in a while. I need to have a sit down with him and explain some things.

He calls grown women girls. He tell dirty jokes and then repeats them like we are in a locker room. His topics of convo are about things like insurance premiums. He tends to tell me the same things over and over. And he drinks. A LOT.

I can't fault my initial attraction. He can be fun to have around. But our age difference turned out to not be a factor as much as the fact that he is just totally not a guy for me. I need to be more discriminating about who I jump into bed with, regardless of the initial attraction.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:08 PM

38 posts, read 19,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
No, I don't think you'd write my post.

Quote:
Turns out, men who are 65 are really not at all savvy about the ins and outs of modern relationships. I couldn't shake Mr. Clingy. He didn't want to 'date' but he wanted to hang out on my porch and have sex every day.

We are still friends but haven't had sex in a while. I need to have a sit down with him and explain some things.

He calls grown women girls. He tell dirty jokes and then repeats them like we are in a locker room. His topics of convo are about things like insurance premiums. He tends to tell me the same things over and over. And he drinks. A LOT.
50s isn't 65.

The guy I'm interested in is more gentlemanly as it were. Haven't heard dirty jokes. He doesn't drink, period. Never heard anything bland like insurance in our conversations. And he's not hanging out anywhere just looking for sex, he's letting me lead our interactions.

Quote:
I can't fault my initial attraction. He can be fun to have around. But our age difference turned out to not be a factor as much as the fact that he is just totally not a guy for me. I need to be more discriminating about who I jump into bed with, regardless of the initial attraction.
Hm... Glad I am rather picky, or discriminating, who I jump into bed with.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:04 AM

971 posts, read 687,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Or either of them could form an unhealthy attachment that is awkward or unpleasant to deal with. You really just never know.
Unhealthy attachments happen regardless of age differences. Just saying. The biggest problem i see is that much younger women always told me i treated them better than a guy their age and that can lead to attachment.

Old 12-04-2019, 06:17 AM

971 posts, read 687,740 times
Quote:

Every older guy is different, you can't lump us all in with this guy. When dating much younger women, our discussions usually involve our lives, common interests ie boating, four wheeling, motorcycles, snowmobiles, camping, the beach, music, movies etc. Yes we talk about sex. And i have even in teasing called someone "little girl" in conversation. I have been called "old man" too, but knowing it is in good fun, don't get offended.

I always discuss ground rules and expectations up front. Also, i can tell if something is going to work or not. You shold have had a read on him up front.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:23 PM

22,304 posts, read 29,384,171 times
Just bang him and get it out of your system. He may suck in bed and no one wants a man who sucks in bed

Old 12-05-2019, 12:27 PM

37,437 posts, read 61,329,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Just bang him and get it out of your system. He may suck in bed and no one wants a man who sucks in bed
Excuse me, I think that 'sucking' is often a common practice in the bedroom.

As I recall from when I had a willing sex partner sucking was commonly on the menu, but that was many years ago. So maybe my memory is playing tricks here.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 PM

38 posts, read 19,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
ROFL. Guys can too "suck", darlin', or have you never known anyone good at oral?

Old 12-05-2019, 08:25 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,010,396 times
Quote:
...I don't see myself getting deluded with concepts of love if just a causal thing. But at the same time, as said, the idea be it a fling, friend with benefits, or a fk or two to get it out of my system is quite against my norm that am not sure if worth it.
The love can creep up on you gradually and surreptitiously. That is your risk -- especially since you are 35 and he is 50, which is not that great a gap. (If your were 25 I'd say just have at it and be done.)

Quote:
It's just the attraction is quite strong.
Then, on a soul level, the decision has been made.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM

22,304 posts, read 29,384,171 times
LOL You guys took it out of context. When I said he might suck in bed I meant that he was bad in bed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships