Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 03:01 AM

29 posts, read 44,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It doesn't matter how ugly you are, because women tend to have a hard cutoff.

I don't think I'm a bad looking dude, my facial components are in the right places, but never in my life has my looks gotten me any kind of attention from women.

I've had to rely on my charm, so if I were a few notches less looking, I don't think it really would have made any difference. The same women would have dated me.

And I truly believe that. Like if tomorrow, I woke up as the worst looking dude I know (who is not disfigured), my life wouldn't be any different than it is today. I said not disfigured, so nobody is staring.

Looks mean as much in this life as you want them to mean.

Each day, life ticks away. If you want to spend those ticks worrying about how ugly or handsome you are, that's on you.

**** that for me...
I agree with that I think because of horniness\sex drive most men have a much more diverse taste in what they find physically appealing so it doesn’t take much for a man to be at least somewhat physically attracted to a decent amount of women right away... Plus women have things guys don’t like makeup and sexy clothing that could make a decent looking women look good enough to capture men’s attention..

Where for a women to be physically attracted to a man right away he has to be pretty good looking...Even kinda cute isn’t gonna be enough to capture their attention right away off your looks alone ...not saying a decent looking dude will never have a women physically attracted to him right away but it’s not gonna happen often or be enough for him to rely on that.. he’s gonna have to charm her and win her over as much as the unattractive guy..

Old 01-14-2020, 12:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I agree with that I think because of horniness\sex drive most men have a much more diverse taste in what they find physically appealing so it doesn’t take much for a man to be at least somewhat physically attracted to a decent amount of women right away... Plus women have things guys don’t like makeup and sexy clothing that could make a decent looking women look good enough to capture men’s attention..

Where for a women to be physically attracted to a man right away he has to be pretty good looking...Even kinda cute isn’t gonna be enough to capture their attention right away off your looks alone ...not saying a decent looking dude will never have a women physically attracted to him right away but it’s not gonna happen often or be enough for him to rely on that.. he’s gonna have to charm her and win her over as much as the unattractive guy..
I've found some "sexy clothing" that got me attention, but I had to really look for it.

Yeah, the beauty industry does seem geared more towards women.

To the rest, in my experience, yes and no. It does help to be good looking, but a man also has to stand out in some way. If you present yourself just like everyone else, you may likely have a harder time demonstrating how unique you are compared to someone who has explored and found his own style. I'm just speaking from my experience. It is different for everyone.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Perhaps, try growing a beard, maybe a different hair style too. This might give you a different look.
Changing it up can help for certain. I went from shaved head to full head of hair down to my shoulders (of course styled), and it made a difference in how people treated me.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:48 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I've found some "sexy clothing" that got me attention, but I had to really look for it.
"Sexy" clothing for women seems to be along the lines of the stereotypical trashy lingerie and similar. It's not universal, but in knowing and talking with women my whole life, there are outfits on guys that can grill a woman's cheese: a sharp suit, well-fitting jeans, a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Some women like a guy in sweatpants. Other women like a man in uniform.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:04 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
...not saying a decent looking dude will never have a women physically attracted to him right away but it’s not gonna happen often or be enough for him to rely on that.. he’s gonna have to charm her and win her over as much as the unattractive guy..
Basically, in my experience yes.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:55 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You already think your looks hold you back and women don’t give you the time of day because of it. What do you have to lose by showing your face to a bunch of people who aren’t going to date you anyway?
By feeling even worse about my looks then I already do.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:04 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
By feeling even worse about my looks then I already do.
I suspected that. You are always trying to find ways to feel worse. I'd get that checked out if I were you.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:05 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,669 times
Still, you forced yourself to break out of your comfort zone and picked an activity in which you were not well-versed but might lead to meeting a special woman, and gave it a try. Which is so much more than most of us (myself included) who state they have such a high degree of difficulty meeting someone they'd like to date, but stay within their "zone of comfort".

That took guts, my friend.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Still, you forced yourself to break out of your comfort zone and picked an activity in which you were not well-versed but might lead to meeting a special woman, and gave it a try. Which is so much more than most of us (myself included) who state they have such a high degree of difficulty meeting someone they'd like to date, but stay within their "zone of comfort".

That took guts, my friend.

I totally see it as a positive.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:36 AM

29 posts, read 44,666 times
How tall are you OP?

If you’re tall that’s like a cheat code. Most women will only date tall men and will overlook other negatives if you’re tall..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships