Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 05:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post

ETA: The phrase "supernatural bond that transcend human understanding" is truly gag-worthy, IMHO.
Yep. Of course, It has to be “beyond human understanding” because there’s no way to rationalize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 05:52 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yep. Of course, It has to be “beyond human understanding” because there’s no way to rationalize it.
Either that, or it's cheater-speak for "Damn, that broad can do things in bed I never even heard of before!"

Old 11-26-2019, 05:54 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post

ETA: The phrase "supernatural bond that transcend human understanding" is truly gag-worthy, IMHO.

Yuck was my gut response.

OP--Tell your "mistress" that she already is a homewrecker. That ship has sailed. She had some kind of affair with you, and now you are thinking about separating from your wife. She's already helped "wreck" your marriage. As others have said though, it doesn't let you off the hook. You opened the door. She walked in.

Your infidelity and affair are a lie to your wife and more. I think that relationships, like your affair, that begin under circumstances that involve lying and betrayal, cannot last. These relationships are built on a very poor foundation that is almost certain to collapse when the reality of everyday life sets in. A marriage or relationship that begins on an untruth cannot have a trusting foundation.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:33 PM

12 posts, read 9,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, what do you think lead you to cheat on your wife with three different people, over the years?

If you never loved her, why did you propose to her in the first place?

Because i thought at the time it was love. Looking back i never had the romantic connection required for a life long commitment. This isnt my wifes fault, its mine. I thought i was doing the right thing at the time but looking back i wasnt

Are there any kids in this picture? No kids, ive always wanted them and she finally wants them but its now me having cold feet due to not being the husband/father she and potential kids deserve

Do you live in the Bible Belt? Would a divorce and subsequent (all too soon) remarriage have repercussions at your job? No, wont have any repurcussions work wise at all

What if you divorce, remarry, and then after the first few months or the first year, life becomes routine again, and you get bored? You haven't lived with your new paramour yet; what happens if she starts harping on you to pick up your socks, or gets carried away with your credit card? Or doesn't feel that cooking and cleaning is her job, and wants you to hire a staff?

I understand the honeymoon period ends at some stage, im willing to put in years for the new person in my life if necessary to demonstrate to both she and i before i make any life long decisions

Are you sure you know what you'd be getting yourself into?
Probably not, willing to deal with the consequences for happiness and true love

Old 11-26-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

Yuck was my gut response.

OP--Tell your "mistress" that she already is a homewrecker. That ship has sailed. She had some kind of affair with you, and now you are thinking about separating from your wife. She's already helped "wreck" your marriage. As others have said though, it doesn't let you off the hook. You opened the door. She walked in.

Your infidelity and affair are a lie to your wife and more. I think that relationships, like your affair, that begin under circumstances that involve lying and betrayal, cannot last. These relationships are built on a very poor foundation that is almost certain to collapse when the reality of everyday life sets in. A marriage or relationship that begins on an untruth cannot have a trusting foundation.
I cant argue with any of that, ive been completely honest with the mistress to my detriment as she probably would be with me now if i lied about certain points. Honesty isnt a bad starting point albeit the situation undoubtedly is largely based on betrayl and secrecy

Old 11-26-2019, 06:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Do you have children?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
The kindest thing you can do for your wife is to be honest with her and leave her. You will only cause her more pain with your infidelities and the fact that you really are not in love with her. She deserves better than that and you know it.

I agree which i believe the best thing for her is i leave her with or without the new woman in my life

However, don't be surprised if the mistress ends up not totally trusting you. What is to stop you from being unfaithful to her?
She doesnt which is understandable, ive told her about my past infidelity as well. What is to stop me from being unfaithful to her? The fact she gives me fulfilment which will ensure i wont need to look elsewhere, the fact i can see us having children with her and having given up everything to be with her i will not want to jeapordise that

Old 11-26-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you have children?
No

Old 11-26-2019, 07:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappychappy View Post

Are there any kids in this picture? No kids, ive always wanted them and she finally wants them but its now me having cold feet due to not being the husband/father she and potential kids deserve
You have to end the marriage as soon as is practical. It's so unfair for you to pretend every day while she goes forward thinking she wants you to father her future children.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:16 PM

599 posts, read 263,192 times
Why did you marry your wife? Didn't she provide you happiness or fulfillment at anytime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships