Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 04:21 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do you realize this happens to women too? Half of all marriages end in divorce. Rejection is not exclusive to males.
In my profession the divorce rate is extremely high.

I have seen thousands of divorces among my former crewmates.

All of those divorces were filed by the wives, and nearly all of them were filed while the husband was deployed.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:22 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I can not agree with that statement.

A woman can date a man, have sex with him, and eventually marry him, and then decide to 'friendzone' him.

A woman can friendzone a man at any time, for any reason. In today's political climate a woman may 'friendzone' her Bf or Husband at any time, without repercussion.

It happens.

I have been there. Couples counseling may help, or it might not.
I'm familiar your with your history. In my mind, your case is rare and somewhat extreme.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:30 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Going to her place is not a second "date". It is a booty call.

If you wish to have an amazing intimate experience, take her out on a real date, take her home, and kiss her goodnight.

At some future point you will have "an amazing intimate experience".

Because you built up to it.

Otherwise, it is a booty call and won't end well. And certainly won't be anything "intimate".
There is much to be said about building anticipation and creating sexual tension versus instant gratification.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:36 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
True, no way to quantify...Even that would be hard because a wife might say the marriage ended because "he abused me emotionally (so I cheated)" and the husband of the same marriage might say "she cheated".

Still … 80% … 4 out of 5 … worth pausing and considering why it also isn't closer to 50/50.
When I said abuse, I didn't mean emotionally, which can be a matter of opinion.

I think men are less likely to go for divorce because as things still are, they are a whole lot more likely to have to pay child support, and see less of their children than when living in the marriage if there are children. They might well be unhappy in the marriage, are not going to change whatever they are doing or not liking, but do not want to take the financial hit, as it's still much more likely that the man is making more money than the woman. I say this as a firm feminist, but I think it's the case.

No doubt there are women who are fine with hitting up a higher earner for money in whatever form. I have known all these kinds of people, men and women.

I personally don't know why people get married, anyway.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I'm not sure what the topic of divorce has to do with the issue of having sex on a second date.

I also find it very telling, that the OP says he intends to have sex with this woman; but he can't tell her that for some reason. I wonder why that is. Shouldn't he be upfront if that is what his intention is? Hiding it is wrong and dishonest. She wants to know now.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:40 PM

599 posts, read 262,976 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what the topic of divorce has to do with the issue of having sex on a second date.
I agree.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:47 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Quote:
Right you are. I lost track of the initial discussion and veered off, partly because I feel alarmed by some male posters who seem to hold everything against women, including their own rejections. Apologies to the group.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:51 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Yet 80% of divorces are filed by women, which "approaches" exclusivity.

women file 80 percent of divorces
Women file for divorce because men are much more content to stay in a relationship where things are not good, failing, miserable, unlivable. Men are incredibly content to stay married and not file for the divorce. Ergo, women are usually the ones that file.

Been there done that.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Be a gentlemen and treat her like a lady.
Build the friendship before slipping into the sheets.
Discipline and restraint will be regarded...
I have done this she thought. I Was a creep and dropped me -some women are not looking for mr nice guy

Old 11-29-2019, 05:24 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
When I said abuse, I didn't mean emotionally, which can be a matter of opinion.
Right you are; though I rarely hear "abuse" alone, it is always the trio of "physical, mental/psychological, and emotional".

Quote:
I think men are less likely to go for divorce because as things still are, they are a whole lot more likely to have to pay child support, and see less of their children than when living in the marriage if there are children. … but do not want to take the financial hit, …
Spot on, and I'd add we (men) don't savor losing half our retirement, our home, and ending up eating Ramen Noodles in a shabby studio apartment.

Quote:
I personally don't know why people get married, anyway.
I'm right there with ya. In the future, if I was living with a woman who needed medical coverage due to some unforeseen injury or condition, that is the only reason I'd consider marrying again.

Oh, more in the spirit of the original post … don't go to her place for the second date. Take her out somewhere nice and break the development of the "he only wants sex" stigma from the escalation of date #1. Mix it up, keep it platonic, have a long conversation about hopes and dreams over coffee or dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships