Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 03:41 AM

8 posts, read 4,248 times

Advertisements

He is 25 years older than me and I'm 26 years old. It might be worth mentioning that the guy has one kid (who is 16 years old) and he broke up with his wife 3 years ago..

I’ve been friends with this guy for about half a year now. We’ve always gotten along really well, we have many things in common. And I always thought he was cute. A few months ago, the friendship dynamic changed. In the past few months he changed in a way where he comes up with activities for us to do together, he talks more confidently, he is a whole different person (when I’m also around, as I’ve been told).

It all started when I told him he was was a good looking man, he flirted back and told me I'm a good looking woman too

In the past 2-3 weeks, we’ve basically been together a lot more than we used to. Two weeks ago he invited me to a cocktail-party his friend was hosting, and we ate dinner + he mentioned that he used to go alone to these kind of parties but he thought of me and wanted to invite me. He became really protective of me when we were at that party. Last time we hung out together by ourselves, it took him about 15 min to calm down, he was visibly nervous.

He touches my arm when we talk, he always put his hand on my back when we walk and he is constantly touchy with me. Yesterday I invited him out for dinner, I went to the toilet and when I got back, I brushed his arm telling him I'm back now. He liked it. He then wanted to put his hand on my thigh, he just stopped halfway and he hesitated and put his hand on the back of my chair.

The biggest problem is how to break the touch barrier beside just touching each other on the arms / hugs etc?

And how should I approach this situation? Should I wait for him to make the first move? How can I encourage him or what can I do? What is your opinion and advice on the matter? I haven’t been in this situation I have no idea how to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 05:00 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Jennah you sound very enamored with this gent.
I support you returning to reality.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:56 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Why does this thread remind me of this one?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...sking-out.html

Flip roles and it is Deja vu.

If it isn’t and this is legitimate, then go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You are both chronological adults.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:11 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,572,023 times
just make a move.
90% chance he feels the same but just shy.
10% chance he sees you like a daughter.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:15 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
How wonderful those small, uncertain steps of courtship.

Enjoy it. The mystery is the beauty of it all.

It is called falling in love.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Why does this thread remind me of this one?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...sking-out.html

Flip roles and it is Deja vu.

If it isn’t and this is legitimate, then go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You are both chronological adults.

haha that's funny how similiar our situations are!

Old 11-29-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
just make a move.

I'll try in december when I get to see him again -
I just need to figure how I'll do it.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:19 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
There’s nothing wrong with being enamored with an older man. You might have a meaningful relationship with him for awhile.

However, the clock is ticking for both of you. You might want kids. He probably wants to retire soon and travel. There are so many things that will make you incompatible, long term.

Perhaps you should look for a younger man you can grow old with, someone who will be as attractive as this gentleman, but in twenty years?

Old 11-29-2019, 08:52 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
just make a move.
80% chance he's like 'Oh yeah, this old dog still got it, gonna get me a young chick!"

Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennah93 View Post
He is 25 years older than me and I'm 26 years old. It might be worth mentioning that the guy has one kid (who is 16 years old) and he broke up with his wife 3 years ago..

I’ve been friends with this guy for about half a year now. We’ve always gotten along really well, we have many things in common. And I always thought he was cute. A few months ago, the friendship dynamic changed. In the past few months he changed in a way where he comes up with activities for us to do together, he talks more confidently, he is a whole different person (when I’m also around, as I’ve been told).

It all started when I told him he was was a good looking man, he flirted back and told me I'm a good looking woman too

In the past 2-3 weeks, we’ve basically been together a lot more than we used to. Two weeks ago he invited me to a cocktail-party his friend was hosting, and we ate dinner + he mentioned that he used to go alone to these kind of parties but he thought of me and wanted to invite me. He became really protective of me when we were at that party. Last time we hung out together by ourselves, it took him about 15 min to calm down, he was visibly nervous.

He touches my arm when we talk, he always put his hand on my back when we walk and he is constantly touchy with me. Yesterday I invited him out for dinner, I went to the toilet and when I got back, I brushed his arm telling him I'm back now. He liked it. He then wanted to put his hand on my thigh, he just stopped halfway and he hesitated and put his hand on the back of my chair.

The biggest problem is how to break the touch barrier beside just touching each other on the arms / hugs etc?

And how should I approach this situation? Should I wait for him to make the first move? How can I encourage him or what can I do? What is your opinion and advice on the matter? I haven’t been in this situation I have no idea how to handle it.

Hard to provide an answer since nobody knows what you are both looking for.

Seems like he likes you. If you're looking for a boyfriend, then, just ask him where his plans are for the two of you. He has a kid, so that is another thing to consider. If you dont like the kid then just forget the whole thing. Just speak truth. No sense in wasting time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships