Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 10:15 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,806,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Is he still drinking?
If he has a drinking problem, I wouldn't let him come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,806,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Are you sure? If you have an attorney I would check with him/her on the concept of filing for a legal separation with exclusive use of the marital home. And I would definitely NOT move out of the home if at all possible as that might be construed as abandonment, which could be very detrimental to your rights.
This^^. If you haven't already spoken to a lawyer, you need to do so ASAP

Old 12-02-2019, 11:15 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy410 View Post
I am trying but by law I can not make him leave. I'm hoping living with my sister with my daughter will make him move back to his mom's.
You need to see an attorney so you can make a plan. Many law firms have free first time counseling sessions. Make an apt. asap.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times
Quote:
He does not fall down drunk or abusive. He is pretty much neglectful. Does not have much to do with me and my daughter. Does not try to make the marriage work. It upsets my daughter to seehimbe neglectful towards me an her. He doesn't even go to dinner or breakfast anymore. Like my daughter said. There physically but not emotional. He refuses to go on antidepressants.
Your daughter should not know this stuff, she should be involved in teen stuff, not a therapist.

Stay where you are now and file for separation tomorrow. Do you work?

*I looked at your prior posts...this has been going on for awhile now....
Coincidentally, I live in the next town over from you. Bizarre.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:40 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Sorry to hear you are in this position but he has to go and grow up. Let him go live with Mommy while he gets his shyt together. If he doesn't-then better for you and your daughter

Old 12-02-2019, 02:53 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,082,144 times
Quote:
Me and my husband have been separated for 3 months. He lived with his mother but wanted to come back home to be with our daughter to support her. Problem is me and my daughter do not want him there. He can't decide if he wants to be married but I want to still be married. It's uncomfortable for me and my daughter. I told him he needs to go back to his mom's until he can decide if he wants to be married or divorced. My daughter told him dad your here physically but not emotionally. Does nothing with me and my daughter. Just comes home and sits in the kitchen. Am I wrong wanting him to move out?
I'm honestly curious as to why you want to be with someone who is not happy in the relationship?

I'm not asking that rhetorically.

Like what are your reasons?

Old 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM

237 posts, read 967,312 times
Jobaba. My husband has depression and keeps everything deep down inside. I do believe he wants to stay married but does not want to put in the work to keep it going.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:47 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
I'm glad she is happy at your sister's. Good move!

Old 12-02-2019, 05:31 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,363,275 times
He is probably deeply depressed and self-medicating with alcohol and is likely now physically dependent on the alcohol (meaning he could seize and die if stopping suddenly. He should probably be in a medical/psych detox and then, when detoxed safely off alcohol, evaluated psychiatrically. He is likely at high risk for suicide throughout, whether he gets treatment or not.
I worked in the field for 37 years and that is my guess about this unfortunate family's situation. Good that the daughter is shielded from some of the dysfunction.

Old 12-02-2019, 05:52 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,472,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Err. No.

Judges restrict it to supervised visitation all the time when there are drug, alcohol, criminal, or abuse issues. If a 14 year old girl says she doesn’t want to see the guy and it’s that kind of history, the judge can restrict access.
In your scenario the judge decides. In just saying teenagers can make decisions on how a household is run when they run one. But this is missing the point. The decision is with parents if husband is father (and or government, if courts get involved).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships