Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Just read some of your previous posts. For 37yo, you do not have the maturity for a relationship. You seem to be very needy, spend too much time/energy/thought on REALLY insignificant things, and seem to have unrealistic expectations for what a mature relationship looks like.

Good luck, OP.
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.-LLCNYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 03:46 AM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I know he’s busy between his business and his kids, and I’m sure because it’s only been a year since the divorce he still has a lot of guilt and runs to his kids beck and call, which he should and they are still pretty young. However I just feel like he doesn’t appreciate how patient and understanding I’ve been, I am 9 years younger than him with no baggage.
I think you're looking at this situation wrong. I doubt the attention he gives to his kids has anything to do with guilt or because it's only been a year since his divorce. I'd say he's just being a good father, and I wouldn't expect that to change...ever.

And unless I missed something, I'm not seeing where you've been patient or understanding. Because you didn't flip out when he chose to spend your regular date night with his kids on his birthday?

I'll also say that you seem to think quite highly of yourself:

"I am 9 years younger than him with no baggage"

....and? I'm guessing you think you're so special that he should neglect his kids and run to your beck and call?

OP, it might be time for a reality check.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:58 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I think you're looking at this situation wrong. I doubt the attention he gives to his kids has anything to do with guilt or because it's only been a year since his divorce. I'd say he's just being a good father, and I wouldn't expect that to change...ever.

And unless I missed something, I'm not seeing where you've been patient or understanding. Because you didn't flip out when he chose to spend your regular date night with his kids on his birthday?

....and? I'm guessing you think you're so special that he should neglect his kids and run to your beck and call?

Time to find someone around 9 years younger and has no kids, like herself basically. This would be ideal for her.

Old 12-03-2019, 04:23 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Overreaction occurs because of poor planning and lack of prediction. If a partner's response is not anticipated, a simple question is the way to go. "Is everything okay? You seem distant." If the partner's lack of response can be anticipated, for example, he is watching his favorite sport on TV, wait until he is finished.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:00 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
OP, you have posted several threads about this man. We have analyzed and researched this situation up and down and always came to the same conclusion - you need to chill out.

I think he has earned some trust now, he seems to be a good guy. You can lean back and trust his decisions and actions and enjoy the time you have with him. If you are just half as needy as you come across here, he should get extra points for putting up with it. He seems to have a lot of patience.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:10 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

I actually do think highly of myself, and I think highly of him as well. I wouldn't date anyone I didn't think of highly of, call me crazy.

Also last night we had a conversation, and he actually thanked me for being patient and understanding with him and his situation. I've never given him any grief when he is with his kids, I've actually encouraged it, I love that he's a great father and sees his kids as much as he does.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:36 AM

669 posts, read 320,652 times
Quote:
I don't know if I'm getting the vibe that he's losing interest, he still calls and texts all the time. I feel like it's more of him just getting too comfortable.
Lol, getting 'comfortable' is a form of losing interest in establishing a firm relationship. You're still a rebound and just fit into his life neatly. You have no kids (or own business) so you have no idea how low you are in the pecking order.

You need to stop viewing this as a 'normal' relationship. Either accept it or move on.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I actually do think highly of myself, and I think highly of him as well. I wouldn't date anyone I didn't think of highly of, call me crazy.

Also last night we had a conversation, and he actually thanked me for being patient and understanding with him and his situation. I've never given him any grief when he is with his kids, I've actually encouraged it, I love that he's a great father and sees his kids as much as he does.
So slow your roll and do a better job of managing your expectation about how he should respond.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 AM

91 posts, read 40,951 times
Quote:
Yes, I think this it, sometimes I'm on the phone with him and can hear the utter exhaustion in his voice. He does try to make sure we see each other twice week (unless something comes up with the kids last minute), so I think he just thought we'd see each other Wednesday and Friday this week, until I said something.
I am dating a single mom of 3 kids. There have been times where she was clearly tired when we went out. On one date, we had about a 20-25 minute drive to our next destination and she slept in the car. On a recent group outing, she put her head on my shoulder and said don't be surprised if I fall asleep.

Single parents have their hands full, so don't automatically assume the worst. They are getting pulled in many directions.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:26 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So slow your roll and do a better job of managing your expectation about how he should respond.
This! Nailed it again, BB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships