Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 09:52 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Why didn't you take her out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 11:04 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"She was ok with it" probably means, that she didn't object to being hit on and handled the situation graciously, not that she was actually into the OP & agreeable to going out with him.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-13-2019 at 11:17 AM..

Old 12-13-2019, 02:18 PM

79 posts, read 104,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

she had a bf.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:53 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i was thinking about looking a for relationship on zoosk or match.com but im very hesistant on it and i want to physically look but i dont know where to go, im not into bars since i dont drink. so i dont know what to do.
Online and offline venues have their merits. Swiping through photos on, say, Match.com is easy but brutal -- I reject anyone who is not precisely what I am not visually attracted to, which means 99.9% of all profiles.

Having passed a visual test, meeting the individual(s) in person would subject them to three of my remaining four senses -- sound, smell and touch (taste not just yet).

A woman's voice is a deal-breaker for me if it is grating or otherwise unpleasant. It should relax me, not make me tense. Then her *natural* scent (which is a big component of "chemistry") must be agreeable. Finally, she must feel nice, as judged by the initial handshake. A lot can be communicated via that first touch, if one is attentive. Nothing else matters, and I will not proceed further, if she fails any or all of these.

DISCLAIMER: I would expect, and accept, her use of an equally rigorous filter on me. (And would reject her if she did not.)

Quote:
...i have lously friends that didnt bother to help me set someone up, didnt bother to give me advice on how to meet girls...
No one will help you because no one really knows how. Many years ago the best "advice" I got was from my best friend, and from a much older man at work. In both instances I mentioned a woman I liked and their responses were:

Friend: "Just bend her over."
Coworker: "Just go over there and mount her."

Clearly, they did not mean that literally but were simply saying, in the Guy-Speak of the time, that there is no science involved; stop (over)thinking and simply take direct action.

As for getting friends to set me up I, on numerous occasions, asked female friends if they knew anyone and they said "No" almost before I could complete the sentence, because they did not want to share me with other women. So perhaps ask relatives or male friends -- after making sure they know what you like, otherwise you might be bitterly disappointed with what/whom they feel is your type.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 AM

1,185 posts, read 750,679 times
Quote:
she had a bf.
That’s the oldest, and easiest, trick in the book. The old “thanks but I’m in a relationship/married”.

Listen, you’ve got this unhealthy focus on service folks, cashiers, etc. with no less than 4 separate ones identified that you’ve obsessed on in just your posting history. You’re also targeting women that are 10 years younger than you.

You need to identify your own interests and find social outlets for those interests.

So, what do you like doing when you’re not working?

Is it correct that you still live at home?

Old 12-23-2019, 06:12 PM

79 posts, read 104,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
That’s the oldest, and easiest, trick in the book. The old “thanks but I’m in a relationship/married”.

Listen, you’ve got this unhealthy focus on service folks, cashiers, etc. with no less than 4 separate ones identified that you’ve obsessed on in just your posting history. You’re also targeting women that are 10 years younger than you.

You need to identify your own interests and find social outlets for those interests.

So, what do you like doing when you’re not working?

Is it correct that you still live at home?

i dont have alot of interests, i dont have friends, i dont drink i have a medal condition, yes i live at home.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:22 AM

179 posts, read 357,295 times
Default Onine dating

Quote:
i was thinking about looking a for relationship on zoosk or match.com but im very hesistant on it and i want to physically look but i dont know where to go, im not into bars since i dont drink. so i dont know what to do.
I met my wife on bumble. I was on it for 1 week before she messaged me. ( if you both swipe right, woman has to initiate the conversation within 24 hrs). Sure I came across a lot of trash or catfish, but there was a diamond in the rough. Be patient.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
i dont have alot of interests, i dont have friends, i dont drink i have a medal condition, yes i live at home.

Don't worry about dating and change these things first, as best as you can. Form social connections. Develop passions. You don't need to drink. But assuming you mean mental and not medal... treat that. Get independent. All those things come before dating.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
OP are you saying that you are in your mid-thirties and still live with your parents? What's that all about?

Old 12-26-2019, 08:45 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
because i found out this forum like 5 years ago and im very inexperienced and i have lously friends that didnt bother to help me set someone up, didnt bother to give me advice on how to meet girls, no one liked me in highschool and college, everyone was taken, so im pretty much in lonely land until i die because this society sucks.
Your lousy friends did not get you a partner device? The nerve of them! No one liked you! And it is all society's fault.

Truly. I am not trying to be mean. It does not matter where you look. You will not succeed with this attitude. Period. End of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships