Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 08:32 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Why do you refer to a girlfriends's brother's ex wife as YOUR sister-in-law? Weird!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck14 View Post
I had a affair with my sister-in-law, did not sleep with her, most of conversations were just about seeing each other in the future. I had my girlfriend for 5 years and she has now left me by her choice. I could not decide who I wanted more and wasnt giving my girlfriend at the time 100%, so she left as she felt the relationship was destroyed and that the family bascially was destroyed seeing how it was her brothers wife, the affair was with.
The sister in law has 2 children girls and she has now left her husband about a month ago now, due to the fact she had other feelings for someone else and felt her relationship was falling apart before me. I feel like complete trash, I know I made a huge mistake in my life and everyday wish I had my girlfriend back to try and fix things with her, as not everything was negative in our relationship, I just felt something was missing and I guess I seen that in the other person and wasnt using my brain at all the time to try and figure that out and let her know.

My girlfriend has told me to respect her and leave her alone to not text or contact her anymore. I still talk with the person I had the affair with as shes now single, but question I guess I ask myself is does that ever work. Knowing my ex is still in the affairs person life as she is still a aunt to the kids. I have a hard time getting past my gf that i feel like i hurt so much and I have no good reason why I did it besides feeling like a complete loser. I have told I am sorry, but sorry doesnt mean anything, the trust would be broken forever. But I was willing to give everything up to my gf to try and make things work but she wasnt willing to do so..
If I had something with the sister-in-law do I continue to purse that and see if somethings there or just move on completly from it all?
Huh? You did not sleep with her and just talked about what if's? That is not an affair. I think you are lying to us.

Second - she is not your sister in law, she is your gf's brother's wife. And she screwed around with you AND someone else???? Did I get that correctly?

Forget both women, stay far away from that family and find someone else.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:57 AM

OP seems very confused. He wants his betrayed girlfriend back AND he wants to see if he can make things work with the other woman whose children's lives were destroyed.

OP, I am getting a whiff of bipolar here. Are you in a manic state right now?

Old 12-11-2019, 10:59 AM

16 posts, read 12,581 times
I refer to i guess as my sister in law cause i was engaged, i guess.. Legally i guess she isn’t my sister in law...She left her husband and wasn’t seeing anyone else, just had feelings for me. We did not sleep together, we just talked behind our partners back at the time, about a future relationship i guess and i always thought the idea was weird, but she kept saying if we’re happy together why does the other stuff matter. eventually i had to tell my gf i had feelings for someone else and she obviously was hurt by it all ok how i wasn’t choosing her.. Which i get.. Sil sees it now that if her and i are happy the kids will be ok with it and everyone will move on from it.. I don’t know

Old 12-11-2019, 11:08 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
I refer to i guess as my sister in law cause i was engaged, i guess.. Legally i guess she isn’t my sister in law...She left her husband and wasn’t seeing anyone else, just had feelings for me. We did not sleep together, we just talked behind our partners back at the time, about a future relationship i guess and i always thought the idea was weird, but she kept saying if we’re happy together why does the other stuff matter. eventually i had to tell my gf i had feelings for someone else and she obviously was hurt by it all ok how i wasn’t choosing her.. Which i get.. Sil sees it now that if her and i are happy the kids will be ok with it and everyone will move on from it.. I don’t know
Your post is very confusing to me.

What you post does not make sense to me.

Since you are not married, you do not have a sister-in-law.

Your being married would be the only way you would have a sister-in-law, a brother-in-law or any other in-law.

So, I do not and cannot follow your train of thought.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:08 AM

OP, you seem very....detached from your own story. Are you mentally sound?
Quote:
So all the guessing and stuff destroyed a family...I guess.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 AM

16 posts, read 12,581 times
Pretty much yep and guess i guessed wrong and yes i get how legally she is not my sister in law. Still doesn’t not make it right since it’s my ex’s brothers wife. I just don’t know how she sees it working between us.. I mean the kids are still involved with his parents which is my exs parents.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:34 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Quote:
Pretty much yep and guess i guessed wrong and yes i get how legally she is not my sister in law. Still doesn’t not make it right since it’s my ex’s brothers wife. I just don’t know how she sees it working between us.. I mean the kids are still involved with his parents which is my exs parents.
Just say NO. Block her. It is never going anywhere good.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why do you refer to a girlfriends's brother's ex wife as YOUR sister-in-law? Weird!
I was wondering this, too.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Walk away. Now.

You and your ex "sister in law, but not really" and "wanna be future girlfriend" have done enough damage. Her kids don't need to be wrapped up in that crap.

Make the right choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships