Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 04:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Makes sense.

I was actually feeling pretty good about ending it about two weeks ago but I'm going through an emotional time right now because my dog is dying so I think that might be why I'm grasping on to a past support system, even if it was fake.
I'm so sorry about your doggo!

Old 12-17-2019, 05:42 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
And when I give the same advice to a guy, I get picked on by ladies. Ironic.

It's a funny saying because it is true. A guy with oneitis who is dumped by a gal can pine for months for unrequited love, or have a quick fling and be over her almost instantly. Can't explain it, it just is.

Never heard it from the woman's perspective, but I guess it holds true as well

Old 12-17-2019, 05:45 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,136 times
Quote:
Makes sense.

I was actually feeling pretty good about ending it about two weeks ago but I'm going through an emotional time right now because my dog is dying so I think that might be why I'm grasping on to a past support system, even if it was fake.

I am grieving with you. Hugs!

Old 12-17-2019, 06:04 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm too much in pain grieving for my dog to think about this person right now, or any boys for that matter. Like I said in my other post, I guess he came up because I craved for some comfort during this hard time but I'd rather grieve on my own right now. As I cradled my dying dog, it made me realize that I don't want to waste my energy on the wrong things anymore. Like my friend once said about an ahole as she threw his stuff on his porch from her truck, "f that guy".

/end thread.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:16 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm too much in pain grieving for my dog to think about this person right now, or any boys for that matter. Like I said in my other post, I guess he came up because I craved for some comfort during this hard time but I'd rather grieve on my own right now. As I cradled my dying dog, it made me realize that I don't want to waste my energy on the wrong things anymore. Like my friend once said about an ahole as she threw his stuff on his porch from her truck, "f that guy".

/end thread.
I've been there as I am sure a lot of us have. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:20 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:

/end thread.
I'm so sorry. :c rying:

Post a picture of your precious pup!

Old 12-17-2019, 07:17 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've heard the best way to get over a man is to get under a new one. It really is true. It works. Once you find someone else you really like, you'll forget all about them; they will be a distant memory.

Save a Horse [Ride a Cowboy]...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0_oPPK6eA

Old 12-21-2019, 07:28 AM

179 posts, read 357,127 times
Default Advice

Quote:
I was dating someone for a month and almost every day he would tell me that he thought I was cute and that he liked me. It moved really fast because he didn't seem afraid to talk about marriage already and he wanted me to meet his parents by the second or third week. I move slower than that so I had my reservations and said we'll see. I felt like we were in high school. The feelings were very intense and heavy. It felt like we skipped the honey moon phase and jumped straight to being a couple. We didn't go out very much, mostly hung out in our pj's. Sometimes we'd go out to eat or watch a movie, but it was super casual. Something you would do if you were living with someone. That's when I realized I wasn't satisfied with where it was going. He also joked a lot, almost about everything, talked and acted like a kid and I felt like I was babysitting him sometimes which turned me off. I tried asking him questions about himself but he never answered them straight so I stopped. And before I knew it, I realized I didn't know anything about this person. He talked about his friends and his ex-gfs a lot and I told him that made me feel like we lacked chemistry. I was also stuck at home because I didn't have a car at the time so he always came to me. I wanted to go out more but he felt like I didn't appreciate him for coming all the way to see me. And since he drove all the way to see me, I think he expected me to take him out on dates but I didn't. I did cook for him though but he didn't seem to appreciate that too much. I guess we have different values because I would prefer a home cooked meal from someone than for them to pay for my meal. And when I tried to be vulnerable and tell him things, he made fun of what I told him and I didn't like that. When I asked him to stop, he rolled his eyes.

In the back of my head, I kept hearing voices to break up with him, that I won't be happy with him, but at the same time, I really really wanted to stay with him. I thought, it's just a month, I don't really know this person, I choose to be with him, but at the same time, I heard conflicting voices telling me it shouldn't be this hard this early on. I was video chatting him one day and he said something that really bugged me. I heard a voice that told me to let it go but I got tired of him using me as the butt of his jokes and not listening to me when I told him to stop so it put me in a really bad mood. I should have hung up and told him I'll talk to him the next day but I wanted it figured out then and there. He kept joking when I was trying to have a serious conversation and I looked at him through the screen and realized I just liked him for his looks and thought it wasn't fair to him or me. Before I could control myself, I told him I wanted to break up. We hung up and I cried, not feeling relieved in any way because I didn't want to do it, but I was super angry at the same time.

It took me three days to get over my anger. I finally called him and told him I didn't mean it and I wanted to get back together. But he was already done with me. He made many assumptions about me and made me feel terrible and I ended up taking all the blame. I later realized that he played a part in the breakup too but played the victim. But he never said no to getting back. He just said he'll think about it.

Even through all this, I still think of him. I already said a lot to him. At first I sent him a long email trying to explain everything, a text saying I wanted him back and wanted to give him space, and finally, another email telling him I was done too and I don't think we were ever that happy together. He never responded to any of that.

It just confuses me how someone who had claimed to like me so much could cut me off in a heartbeat. Sure, I was the one who broke it off, but he was the one who made me feel bad enough to do it. It's pretty obvious we're not good for each other but the crazy thing is, I would probably still get back with him if he were to come back, despite what I said in my last email. I know I said a lot of negatives about him here but he was super supportive with me and my car and he had me sold when he offered to come and help me do some stuff to my car when it wasn't running. I really appreciated him for that. He was also really good with my niece and I liked that he was good with kids. I thought that he was the kind of person who would be there for me if I was sick. He was funny and smart too but he could turn the jokes down a notch.

I'm thinking maybe he didn't like me as much as claimed or he does think about getting back too but knows it's a bad idea. But when I talked to him last, it really did sound like he had moved on pretty quickly in three days. This has been two months ago btw. I know now that I should never ever bring up any talk of incompatibility or breaking up whatsoever if I still want to work things out with a person. But the way I was feeling at the time, I was thinking that maybe he would be better off with someone else. \

Anyway, how do people move on so quickly?

Forget about him completely. DO NOT communicate with him at all and move on. that is the only way to heal. DO NOT get back with him even if he is interested. That is a ticking time bomb. KNOW YOUR WORTH! Find someone that will give you the affection and care you deserve.

Don't fall in to that trap!

-B

Old 12-19-2020, 02:55 PM

433 posts, read 532,153 times
Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life--maybe it's time to step back---

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psyc...-pandemic.html

Old 12-20-2020, 07:03 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Why did you want to get back together with him? Because you like the way he looks? Because you didn't say anything else positive about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships