Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 01:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
But it didnt mean I was expecting sex just a more private situation.
For what else were you expecting a “green light” from her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 03:30 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
green light for me to invite her back to my place?

He had a nice dinner and as we walked down the street she asked...."what else do you want to do?"

Of course I couldnt think of anything so we ended up taking a longer walk to a area that had outdoor seating. I was going to invite her back but became a little shy but overall it was a good date. That's not a question I get a lot during a 1st date after about 3 hours.
What was her nonverbal behavior like before that? My guess is she wasn't dtf, but it was a test on your ability to lead and think off the cuff..

Next time, don't let it get to that point. Have an idea up your sleeve and surprise her. Lead. "I just thought of this great place. Let's go!". Leading and being more spontaneous gets you a long way.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
If a similar situation arises, suggest going for a drink, and that you'd like to kiss her. Then do so.

Wait until a later date to invite her home, or let her suggest it. If she likes you enough, you can be almost certain she'll let you know - somehow - that's what she wants.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:06 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
green light for me to invite her back to my place?

He had a nice dinner and as we walked down the street she asked...."what else do you want to do?"

Of course I couldnt think of anything so we ended up taking a longer walk to a area that had outdoor seating. I was going to invite her back but became a little shy but overall it was a good date. That's not a question I get a lot during a 1st date after about 3 hours.
Definitely not an automatic booty invite.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:18 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
What was her nonverbal behavior like before that? My guess is she wasn't dtf, but it was a test on your ability to lead and think off the cuff..

Next time, don't let it get to that point. Have an idea up your sleeve and surprise her. Lead. "I just thought of this great place. Let's go!". Leading and being more spontaneous gets you a long way.
This. It was an opportunity to impress her with something romantic and imaginative.

For next time, have some things in mind, unique and interesting things, to do after dinner.

I doubt she was fishing to be invited back to your place, or hers, for private time. I think if she wanted that she would have been more direct and simply asked, "Can we go to your (or my) place to relax?"

Old 12-14-2019, 11:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
You should of gave her a big smootch.

Old 12-15-2019, 02:35 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
this is where men cant be honest and has to filter...

"honestly?? i'd like to watch a movie with you" then see what she has to say

not only ...men cant be honest but we have to try to "read" any cues... and this is why we die first....trying to figure out women

Old 12-15-2019, 05:14 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Your answer should always be dueling piano bar all chicks love drinks & dueling pianos. Ask for her favorite songs and then request it for her.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:24 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
what he made a faux pas and suggested his or her place. would he see her again. i'm always afraid of asking that too soon ?

Old 12-16-2019, 08:37 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post

Why do you have to look at it as a “test”? Just because she was a female, and enjoyed his company enough to spend some more time with him, doesn’t make her conniving. Women don’t have scripts and plans anymore than men do.

But OP, don’t think you should’ve invited her back to your place unless you have something really interesting going on their besides sex. Maybe if you live on a farm with animals it would’ve been a good suggestion, otherwise it sends a definite message.

Good thing you held off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships