U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 06:05 AM

15,972 posts, read 8,525,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Why do you have to look at it as a “test”?
Because she's subconsciously seeing what type of guy he is. Is he a leader? Is he wishy washy? Boring? Does he know where fun activities are? She's also throwing the hint that she likes him enough to continue. It's very pivotal for guys. If they take charge, her like will continue. If they just shrug their shoulders, they blow it.

I don't it as conniving or scripted at all. Those were your words, not mine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 07:22 AM

49,943 posts, read 52,326,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Because she's subconsciously seeing what type of guy he is. Is he a leader? Is he wishy washy? Boring? Does he know where fun activities are? She's also throwing the hint that she likes him enough to continue. It's very pivotal for guys. If they take charge, her like will continue. If they just shrug their shoulders, they blow it.

All we know is that she asked him, "What else do you want to do?"

Maybe she's bad at making decisions.
Maybe she's one of those people who feels responsible for entertaining the person they are with.
Maybe she just wanted to know what else he wanted to do.

I agree with some parts of your premise in general, but there's no guarantee that any of this ^^ was going on.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:08 AM

15,972 posts, read 8,525,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Maybe she's bad at making decisions.
Maybe she's one of those people who feels responsible for entertaining the person they are with.
Maybe she just wanted to know what else he wanted to do.
Maybe not.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:21 AM

18,931 posts, read 17,550,431 times
She was letting you know she wanted to extend the date a little while longer. That's pretty much it.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:21 AM

9,784 posts, read 4,537,631 times
Quote:

I don't it as conniving or scripted at all. Those were your words, not mine.
Those were my words, and your words were that it was a test. Someone having to “test” is premeditated. Wanting to extend the activity is spontaneous in nature, it went well. The was no predicting that, unless someone looks at that action with preconceived notions of what women do.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:27 AM

962 posts, read 449,678 times
"When in doubt, always kiss the girl."

Old 12-17-2019, 08:37 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,047,982 times
The mind is busy when a first date is going good. One can not help if they find themselves feeling very attractive to their date. On top of that, if the conversation is good, the meal is good, and the chemistry is good, you can't but help and wonder sexually how this person would be. I don't think it's wrong to wonder initially, was this a hint for the bedroom?

But our conscience should kick in and recommend that we think about this in a virtuous way, as others have suggested. I'm glad the OP shared and posed the question the way he did.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:42 AM

2,070 posts, read 657,400 times
Gelato.

The correct answer was Gelato.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 2,854,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Why do you have to look at it as a “test”? Just because she was a female, and enjoyed his company enough to spend some more time with him, doesn’t make her conniving. Women don’t have scripts and plans anymore than men do.
Quote:
Women run tests reflexively; it's almost an autonomic thing, like a cough or a hiccup. It can be held in when absolutely necessary, like when hiding from snipers in trenches in World War I, but by and large, women do it on instinct. Namely, they want to make sure only highly desirable men get sexual with them, and the rest stay far far away. Since how women's attraction works has been public knowledge since 2012, and "how to" pick-up materials existed since early 2000's, women rely on tests to make sure a man is naturally desirable, rather than had studied some online materials.

So, the OP's lady friend wanted to make sure he was a dominant man who knows how to lead. "Leading" doesn't have to be into the bedroom, but she did test him to see how he thinks on his feet and takes charge. His solution to simply take a walk was an OK save, but it didn't pass her test with flying colors. Depending on what exactly they had for dinner, a better way to pass her test was to either go somewhere for dessert (including gelato) or find a place with a live band. Something like: "I'm up for some live music, anything except country. I'll get on my phone and look. You do the same; two heads are better than one." This way, you're only taking charge of the situation and stating your deal-breakers, you're also leading her.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:06 PM

90,984 posts, read 87,651,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh come on.
lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle;
For what else were you expecting a “green light” from her?
. Yes, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships