U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 10:15 AM

21 posts, read 6,752 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all,

For a few month now I am talking to this girl. And I am pretty sure she likes me but however I am in a really weird situation. So like to best describe this situation I will use something as an example that happened about a week or two ago. So we haven't texted in a while because we were both busy and then she texted me and asked me whether I am going out to drink on that day. I said yes and I'll go with some friends and told her to tag along. She already ady had plans with other friends but she ended up picking me up from the bar so we both would head to the club together. Anyways I met friends at the club and stayed with them and she went to a different club. She wanted me to come, I said no. Eventually later that night I ended up at the same club she was at. However, I didn't like it but decided to stay and just sit there have a beer and go dance here and there. Anyways, she came up to me 3 times pulling me up trying to make me dance with her. However, I said no. 3 times. Then she started dancing with another guy (one of her friends) and that's when I went and started dancing for real. But then she didn't wanna dance with me anymore. I left pretty early too (3am) while she stayed with her friends.

Do you guys see what I mean? She asks me to dance with me I say no and then when I see competition I say yes. I feel like it might be because I don't want her to give her attention to someone else. It's weird? What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 10:18 AM

3,876 posts, read 1,924,609 times
This usually happens when you have some type of feelings for a girl and you get jealous. It’s normal. Of course it doesn’t mean you love her or anything. You might just be infatuated or just have some feelings at this point.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:25 AM

But why do I say no when she wants to go somewhere with me or when she asks me to dance? Like wouldn't I say yes? Logically?

Old 12-15-2019, 10:37 AM

3,876 posts, read 1,924,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kors23 View Post
But why do I say no when she wants to go somewhere with me or when she asks me to dance? Like wouldn't I say yes? Logically?
Well do you like her or not? you should know. Are you always jealous when situations like this happens with girls? Are you scared to be close with her for some reason? Are you physically attracted? I would just go out with her on a date and see if you really like her.

If I really like a girl, I freeze up and have issues asking them out and being social with them. Then I get insanely jealous if I find out they’re dating someone else.

Last edited by Berteau; 12-15-2019 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-15-2019, 10:43 AM

2,239 posts, read 704,015 times
Quote:

You're not admitting to yourself you like her more then you think. Who cares if she dances with other guys? You do. Why? Because you get jealous. Why get jealous? Because you like her more than you know. Do you think about her when apart?

Old 12-15-2019, 10:56 AM

4,741 posts, read 2,074,905 times
There was nothing wrong with her asking you to dance... you were there with her, were you not?

And no, just because you got jealous doesn't mean you're into her. It just means you got jealous. Plenty of people can't stand to see someone else have something they themselves don't want. Or don't like feeling left out. Or whatever.

If you don't want to date her, why not move on?

Old 12-15-2019, 03:20 PM

I do get jealous. Yeah. But I have so many experiences where I rejected her when she asked me to go somewhere with her/be with her. I also hooked up with someone else since I know her. I don't know. That's why I am doubting myself. I also still have tinder and go on dates with other girls. I don't know if I feel like a 100 percent like I like her?

Old 12-15-2019, 06:46 PM

1,185 posts, read 511,185 times
Quote:
Because you’re an immature kid playing games.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:42 AM

1,352 posts, read 580,884 times
Quote:
I do get jealous. Yeah. But I have so many experiences where I rejected her when she asked me to go somewhere with her/be with her. I also hooked up with someone else since I know her. I don't know. That's why I am doubting myself. I also still have tinder and go on dates with other girls. I don't know if I feel like a 100 percent like I like her?
Do you find yourself getting jealous in other situations with girls you might like? You could have a jealous personality. Always wanting what you can't have... feeling competitive toward other men (are you a competitive type person, such as in sports or any other competitions with men?)

Since you have already hooked up with other girls since this happened, and also while it's happening, I don't think you *like* her and I wouldn't think about it anymore. Might want to keep an eye on your jealous tendencies though for your future relationships. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:42 AM

2,329 posts, read 667,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chingaso View Post
because you’re an immature kid playing games.
+1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships