Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 07:57 AM

11 posts, read 10,533 times

Advertisements

This girl that I've been talking to and been on a few dates with has some pretty interesting pictures posted on instagram and I'm not sure how to feel about it or more importantly what it could mean about her.

She's 25, I'm 29. It feels like we have an awesome connection, have a great time together, talk all the time, do fun things together, she's really cool. I really enjoy my time with her and am interested to see if this could go some where but I was checking out her instagram and I'm not sure what to think.

Most of her pictures are of just her. A few "thirst trap" type pictures. And most recently, pictures of her on two different vacations, topless, with emojis to cover her breasts/nipples. And she's not one of those Instagram models or influencers and doesn't have any aspirations to be either.

I don't mind nudity if I'm on vacation with my girlfriend, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about her posting it on the internet like that. (Not that she's my girlfriend right now)

I'm mostly asking if this is a red flag so to speak? What could it indicate about her and her potential to be a good partner for a long term relationship?

What does everybody think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 08:10 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
I think power to her and its really weird to think its an indicator about anything.

But undoubtedly you'll have lots of conservative minds go off shortly about how she is an "attention ______", and will always need attention from other guys, blah blah... and more sloot shaming type nonsense. Stand by.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:13 AM

372 posts, read 455,985 times
But they weren't really nudes were they? How is what she posted different from posting a pic of her in a bikini? And as you said, you aren't serious yet so... Not really sure what you are seeking here? Only you know how this makes you feel? But is sounds as though you feel a little possessive, even though you aren't serious. And even if you were serious, you claim to not have an issue with toplessness on vacation... but is sounds as though you really do. Or is the real issue that this all happened without you?

Old 12-16-2019, 08:23 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,014,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP00 View Post
This girl that I've been talking to and been on a few dates with has some pretty interesting pictures posted on instagram and I'm not sure how to feel about it or more importantly what it could mean about her.

She's 25, I'm 29. It feels like we have an awesome connection, have a great time together, talk all the time, do fun things together, she's really cool. I really enjoy my time with her and am interested to see if this could go some where but I was checking out her instagram and I'm not sure what to think.

Most of her pictures are of just her. A few "thirst trap" type pictures. And most recently, pictures of her on two different vacations, topless, with emojis to cover her breasts/nipples. And she's not one of those Instagram models or influencers and doesn't have any aspirations to be either.

I don't mind nudity if I'm on vacation with my girlfriend, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about her posting it on the internet like that. (Not that she's my girlfriend right now)

I'm mostly asking if this is a red flag so to speak? What could it indicate about her and her potential to be a good partner for a long term relationship?

What does everybody think?

If it's a red flag to YOU, that's all that really matters, isn't it?

IMO, you are not in a place where you can ask her to stop. MAYBE when you're in a committed and exclusive relationship, you can ASK her about it and feel her out on if she'd be willing to stop posting topless pictures...but IMO, it's ALL about asking. Not telling.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:40 AM

11 posts, read 10,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
But they weren't really nudes were they? How is what she posted different from posting a pic of her in a bikini? And as you said, you aren't serious yet so... Not really sure what you are seeking here? Only you know how this makes you feel? But is sounds as though you feel a little possessive, even though you aren't serious. And even if you were serious, you claim to not have an issue with toplessness on vacation... but is sounds as though you really do. Or is the real issue that this all happened without you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
If it's a red flag to YOU, that's all that really matters, isn't it?

IMO, you are not in a place where you can ask her to stop. MAYBE when you're in a committed and exclusive relationship, you can ASK her about it and feel her out on if she'd be willing to stop posting topless pictures...but IMO, it's ALL about asking. Not telling.
This isn't at all about possessing her or asking her to stop or anything like that. I very much understand we're not together or anything like that.

But when you're dating and hanging out with somebody you're thinking about and evaluating if that person is a good partner for you.

So I'm just asking what people think and what their experiences have taught them to put together a more informed and thought out opinion on this.

On the one hand, yea I think it's pretty sexy she's so confident in her body. On the other hand, it worries me a bit that she does seek attention and validation and who knows what could be going on in her DMs. None of my friends girlfriends/wives/fiances have ever or would ever post pictures like this so it's definitely pause for thought.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that?

Old 12-16-2019, 08:44 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
I wouldn't want to date anyone, male or female, who posts sexy pictures in public fora. Seems very narcissistic and attention-seeking.

I feel the same about people who habitually overshare on social media, or troll.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:08 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,623,070 times
I wouldn't be interested in dating or being with a woman that posted nude pics of herself online. It's not something I'm comfortable with.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:11 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,231,969 times
She´s not for you OP, if she posting nudes in instagram or whatever make you feel bad, let her get someone more positive about this subjects.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:13 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
I'm pretty open minded, but I think that this girl lacks judgment.

Old 12-16-2019, 12:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
You’re already uncomfortable with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships