Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 10:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Shes this way with everyone though. Not just me.
Either she is depressed, or she's just an unpleasant, cold person. Either way, do you want to be involved with someone like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 10:26 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,859,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd say she's just not into you, but you are better than having no one, especially at this time of year when people can feel more isolated if not in a relationship. I'd suggest you break it off and find someone both happy and into you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
She's definitely not into you.
Yup, agree. She is not into the OP. She just doesn't like him/ isn't interested.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:29 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,014,750 times
Quote:
Manifesting in a slightly rude and negative tone, not smiling, not seeming excited or happy when together (no hug or smile for a greeting), sometimes rude comments.

Well, that kind of sounds like she doesn't really want to be out with you. Who knows why. If she's been like this from the beginning, it almost seems like (to me) that she felt pressured to go out with you, and her heart isn't really in it.

If she was 'normal' at the start of the relationship, and this unhappiness is a new thing, I'm wondering if she's met someone else...or...she's just not into the relationship anymore. She might be on the verge of breaking it off with you.

I know, for me, I wouldn't put up with that kind of behavior for very long. Especially if this is a newer relationship. In a committed relationship, I would have more patience, and try to help my partner through it, or call out the BS or whatever. But in a newer relationship, or casual dating...I wouldn't deal with a pity party for very long, and I wouldn't let myself be disrespected for very long at all.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:34 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd say she's just not into you, but you are better than having no one, especially at this time of year when people can feel more isolated if not in a relationship. I'd suggest you break it off and find someone both happy and into you.
This. She's stuck in a bad situation perhaps, you're not in a good situation and because of whatever reason she's definitely not into you. Just move on.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:07 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,375 times
Some people are more reserved in their affect. I have known and know both men and women who are quite reserved in their expression of just about every emotion.

I know an older man who doesn't smile much or express much emotion. But, that guy is one of the most gentle, warm, kind, loving and giving people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. His wife, of 60+ years, says it's hard to know when he is happy, sad or mad because he always has the same facial expression.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:49 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,556,501 times
Quote:
What does it mean when someone you are with rarely seems happy? Even with you. Ive been with girls who liked me, and they might not have been happy before they met me, but they always seemed happy when with me. If someone is into you, shouldn't they seem happy and in a good mood around you?
Not everyone feels like another person completes them or makes, rather than adds to his or her happiness. Each person is an individual; what adds to one person's happiness isn't necessarily what does the same for another.

What I'm trying to say, if this woman isn't a content person within herself and pleasant in her interactions with others on a platonic level, she's not likely to be so with a romantic partner. She might suffer from depression, which can manifest itself in the ways that you describe. Sometimes when a person is going through a dark period, no one or no thing is going to make that darkness go away. Sometimes, it's really *is* them and not you.

You might consider doing a "hard pass" on becoming involved with this woman or at least taking things very slowly with her, unless you're prepared to deal with this sort of behavior in a partner.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:13 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Manifesting in a slightly rude and negative tone, not smiling, not seeming excited or happy when together (no hug or smile for a greeting), sometimes rude comments.
Are we talking about a real person here, or just a hypothetical?

What are the details of this relationship? You offered none.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:04 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
It means they are probably not going to be the best person to be around if your goal is to be a happy person yourself. You’re either going to spend your time trying to make them happy, or spend your time trying to be happy.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:30 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times
Quote:
Given this, what's your attraction to her?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
They are low vibration people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships