Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 08:15 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,881,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
He took you out twice. He wants to know if your interested or just milking him for free food and entertainment. So he's seeing if you are not just a leach, but will cook a meal for him. Its old school, but its certainly fair. Why should he pay for everything?

Why are you assuming he paid for everything?

And NO NO NO it is not "old school" for a guy to tell a woman to cook for him on a third date. If she invited him and offered, that's one thing, but there is no part of a gentleman that would propose that a woman cook for him on a third meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 08:39 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,169,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why are you assuming he paid for everything?

And NO NO NO it is not "old school" for a guy to tell a woman to cook for him on a third date. If she invited him and offered, that's one thing, but there is no part of a gentleman that would propose that a woman cook for him on a third meeting.
If it IS a paid for everything equation, this is easily solved with a convo about who pays. This pressing for an invitation for cooking is a touch weird in the absence of conversations about Her Massive Love Of Cooking.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:38 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,852,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Wow. This one is unique. I would 500% have called the cops. Yes, I invited him in. I also strongly invited him to LEAVE and he won't leave my bathroom. The shock affect on him would be priceless.
I kept thinking he’d be gone by the time the cops came. Lesson learned though. I’m not as much of a sucker as I was when I started dating a few years ago. I could have literally fallen off of a turnip truck back then, but that year was so full of valuable lessons I would never trade it. Hilarious episodes, in hindsight.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I kept thinking he’d be gone by the time the cops came. Lesson learned though. I’m not as much of a sucker as I was when I started dating a few years ago. I could have literally fallen off of a turnip truck back then, but that year was so full of valuable lessons I would never trade it. Hilarious episodes, in hindsight.
I am not laughing AT you, I hope I am laughing WITH you. Cuz that is a funny story, given it ended well enough.

Old 12-27-2019, 03:17 PM

2,066 posts, read 898,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am not laughing AT you, I hope I am laughing WITH you. Cuz that is a funny story, given it ended well enough.
Did the guy have trouble getting back into his black leather pants, and try to slip them on using skin lotion and baby powder, resulting in a big, gloppy mess ?

(Sorry, I cannot read this funny story without thinking of Ross in that episode of Friends).

Old 12-28-2019, 05:47 PM

3,280 posts, read 2,342,763 times
I would let him come over and then have a sister or frienD unexpectedly drop by. Check out his reaction when he realizes you won’t be totally alone. Have her stay and not get the hint to leave. Or have the friend suggest going out for a drink and leave. If he goes with you, then that’s a good sign. When he drives you home, tell him you are tired and gotta get to bed. He should leave without attempting to come in. This will reveal if he is in this for one thing.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I would let him come over and then have a sister or frienD unexpectedly drop by. Check out his reaction when he realizes you won’t be totally alone. Have her stay and not get the hint to leave. Or have the friend suggest going out for a drink and leave. If he goes with you, then that’s a good sign. When he drives you home, tell him you are tired and gotta get to bed. He should leave without attempting to come in. This will reveal if he is in this for one thing.
Why games?

Old 12-29-2019, 06:11 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOLEISTALL View Post
Met a guy on POF. He seems nice...not really my type physically but I have tried to look beyond just looks in dating. No kids, good job, speaks intelligently. We've gone out twice...he seems very reserved, dry humor, but kind of on the boring side. I'm shy but with the right person, I will talk their ear off. That hasn't been the case with him. The guy asked me what I would cook for him on our 2nd outing because he dines out a lot. I told him thinking it was a hypothetical question but he now keeps bringing it up. I don't feel comfortable enough inviting him over. 2 weeks ago he asked what I wanted to do when we went out again. I suggested bowling. Our schedules conflicted so it's been about 2 weeks since we last saw each other but he texts daily...just "good morning, how was your day" and that's really it. We rarely speak over the phone.

So we have been talking about meeting up again on Friday (it would be our third outing) but he asks if I want to watch holiday movies and cook or order takeout. It feels to me he's a bit pressed to come over. Maybe it's in my head but it feels like to me he's going "through the motions" with going out 2x, texting daily just to get to my house. Like he really hasn't asked me anything about me...like getting to know me on another level outside of daily plesantries. I realized that I still really don't know too much about him. Could it be he's awkward or shy as well? I was trying to give him a chance and see if perhaps sparks fly since he does have traits I like (no kids, good job, intelligent).

Sur la table has cooking classes you bring your own wine and cook a meal together.. It's public in terms of a group activity but provides a semi-intimate experiences as a home cooked meal. This might be a good alternative for your current predicament.

Old 01-21-2020, 12:00 AM

37 posts, read 44,768 times
Default Update

Well...update. We ended up going out but he kept trying to touch my butt, put his hands in my jeans pocket. I was not turned on at all. He kissed me, I felt nothing and broke the kiss. He asked me out again a few weeks later...wanting to chill at his house and order food. I told him I prefered going out. He told me he was feeling sluggish and to just go out with my friends if that was better. I didn't respond because that pretty much clarified he just wanted sex. So haven't heard from him since.

Old 01-21-2020, 03:48 AM

21,108 posts, read 13,518,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don’t really want to hijack the thread anymore, but I waited him out. Stood at the door texting with my sister about the situation. Didn’t want to be alone in there with him, but didn’t want to leave him unattended in my home. I felt if I called the police, the conversation would be like: “Why’d you invite him in? Did he hurt you? Cause any property damage? No? A guy is using your bathroom?”.

I thought he’d leave at any minute...he was in there for almost an hour though, and stopped at my refrigerator to grab a beer on the way out. I’ve had a lot of “educational” OLD experiences.

Sorry OP. Moral to the story: Just think this through, if it wasn’t your idea, don’t feel like you should invite him over.
FYI if you've asked someone to leave and they won't, police will come show them the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships