Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 02:30 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times

Advertisements

Let me pose this in a different light.
Why would you deny another loving being from delighting...encouraging . And supporting your life desires and you giving the equivalent?

That's how my friends stated it one day when I was on this stance of not wishing to be in a relationship. I was being selfish in a sense. Which is not the same as self preserving .

We each need reprieve in some aspects...yet a life long disassociation isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 05:51 PM

6,421 posts, read 3,918,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
We're heavily influence biologically (for sex and reproduction) and socially (monogamy/marriage/nobility) to pair up. But the fact we KNOW the reasoning behind it, allows us to decide whether or not it's right for us.
That's fine, but it doesn't mean a person won't still have urges sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCode View Post
I supposed we were at a point in our evolution where that had been suppressed.
Why on earth would you think that? With all of the societal pressure to be in a relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Let me pose this in a different light.
Why would you deny another loving being from delighting...encouraging . And supporting your life desires and you giving the equivalent?

That's how my friends stated it one day when I was on this stance of not wishing to be in a relationship. I was being selfish in a sense. Which is not the same as self preserving .

We each need reprieve in some aspects...yet a life long disassociation isn't one of them.
I just can't get behind the idea that everyone in the world who's single is soooo selfish for denying another person the joy of being in a relationship with them. I certainly know people who would be doing a greater service to society to *not* subject someone else to them...

Old 12-30-2019, 10:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals.....

Old 01-01-2020, 06:24 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

I think 28 is way too young to commit to a lifetime alone.

That's funny because in my area a lot of people get married straight after High School or College.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:50 PM

17,619 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Have some Fun...drink some beers & play a little strip poker...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships