Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 08:17 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times

Advertisements

You need to end this relationship. It has been going nowhere for a very long time. Her behavior toward you and your family is inexcusable. She is literally a walking nightmare. The sooner you get her out of your house and out of your life, the better! Don't start this new year and new decade with her!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 09:00 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNut23 View Post

I feel so trapped. She’s the sweetest funniest most caring person when I’m giving her what she wants. She takes care of my dog when I’m at work, cooks for me, does a lot of nice things for me. I’m seeing a while other side of her when my cousin is here. I’m very much a loner and don’t have that many friends, so when she sees me having fun with anyone besides her, she loses her mind.

She also has some manipulative tendencies.. She doesn’t like spending money. I pay for 90% of dinners, groceries, etc. Her reasoning is that I make twice as much as she does. But we would
Agree for example that We’re gonna split groceries, I pay and she’ll send me a transfer after. She never does. I bring it up, she goes “baby you know I’m trying to save right now”. She always somehow weasels out of paying me back.

Thoughts??
Why is she home all day? What does she do for work? Where did she live before she moved into your place?

You have to get rid of her asap, this is too much drama and it will not get any better!!! And stop paying for everything, don't be such a door mat.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:22 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,155,750 times
Quote:

She also has some manipulative tendencies.
SOME?? Oh honey. You are in for a world of awful if you don't end things and get her out ASAP. Do it before she winds up pregnant. She's not going to kill herself.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:46 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
omg get out.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:49 AM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times
Dude. Let her off herself. The world will be a better place. She's just manipulating you anyway.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:07 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,489 times
Quote:
Hey guys I’ll try to keep this short.

I’ve been dating this girl for about 6 months. I’m 27 she’s 23. I love her and care for her, but there are red flags that I’ve ignored and are getting much much worse. She is an extremely jealous and insanely possessive person. If my attention is not on her 24/7 I am put through hell. Some examples:

1) we went to the gym, I waved at a female friend that she didn’t know about. LITERALlY JUST A WAVE. Immediately her energy goes sour, I get the cold shoulder, and she starts flirting with a random guy (smacks his shoulder, giggles, ask to help her put weights away). Right Infront of me.

2) doesn’t let me go to parties alone

3) my nephew was born last month and I spent the day with my family in the hospital. I was so happy and sending her snaps of the newborn baby. I get home that night to a pouty sour girlfriend who says I’ve been ignoring her the whole day. no joke. Tears and all, said she was happy for me but still wants to feel like she matters.

4) my female cousin comes to visit from the states who I’m very close with, she’s staying with me my girlfriend and brother in the same house. My girl was unhappy since I told her my cousin was coming, saying I better take her side if they disagree, I better still pay attention to her. I’m a little worried because I don’t want drama..so i pull her aside for this long heart to heart, that I know it’s not comfortable for her but I would love if she kept
An open mind and realize it’s only 2 weeks, and how important family is to me. The first night my cousin came..my gf was sleeping when she got there...Me, cousin, sister and brother we’re hanging out in the living room (haven’t seen each other in years so obviously having a good time catching up and might have been laughing a little loud). We all hear my gf yell from the bedroom “SHUT THE **** UP”...she hasn’t even MET my cousin or sis yet, great first impression. I go upstairs to tell her to relax...I get yelled at. So I go back downstairs to give her space. Next thing we hear is a big SMASH..go back upstairs to see my tv remote in pieces on the ground. I told her she’s embarrassing me infront of my family.. her response “I don’t give a **** what they think”. Keep in mind she doesn’t pay rent, really has nowhere else to go unless she wants to rent a place, which is why she stays at my place. out of anger, I tell her we’re done and she’s packing her **** up in the morning. In come the water works, crying hysterically. I don’t feel bad..i go back downstairs to chill with my Fam again, I get 8 phone calls of her balling telling me to come Upstairs so we can talk. My cousin and sis aren’t huge fans at this point. My brother is just shocked because he never seen her behave like this (then again this is the first time my attention has been on anything besides her). I was so hurt. When I met her sisters I treat them like my sisters, I tip-toe around them to make a good impression because I want so bad for them to like me.

anyways, we move past all that drama, everyone getting along fine..but there’s still a wall between me and her. Today, she got annoyed because I went to the mall and got ice cream with my cousin and we didn’t invite her (she was with her family in another city). She has this tendency to be extremely condescending and treat me like garbage when she feels wronged. So I get this attitude. I ask her what’s wrong three times, she goes “nothing”. More attitude. tells me why I’m wrong and why I need to change. I tell her how her love for me is conditional, and I feel suffocated. She dismisses her wrongdoings completely, says I’m wrong for not including her. I eventually say we’re different people and i wanna break up...we’re in my car on the highway at midnight...hysterical tears, telling me to pull over so she can call an Uber, saying she will open the door and roll out of the car if I don’t pull over. Says I make her want to kill her self.

I feel so trapped. She’s the sweetest funniest most caring person when I’m giving her what she wants. She takes care of my dog when I’m at work, cooks for me, does a lot of nice things for me. I’m seeing a while other side of her when my cousin is here. I’m very much a loner and don’t have that many friends, so when she sees me having fun with anyone besides her, she loses her mind.

She also has some manipulative tendencies.. She doesn’t like spending money. I pay for 90% of dinners, groceries, etc. Her reasoning is that I make twice as much as she does. But we would
Agree for example that We’re gonna split groceries, I pay and she’ll send me a transfer after. She never does. I bring it up, she goes “baby you know I’m trying to save right now”. She always somehow weasels out of paying me back.

Thoughts??
You need to end this TOXIC relationship.She is manipulative and the fact that she threatened suicide is where you should have left and called her family members to let them know what she said so that THEY can get help for her.You need to get out NOW.Don't wait any longer.Start the new year off on a good note and not with this toxic drama that is choking you to death.Call her family members and let them know what is going on and have them get help for her.That is what you should have done already.Stop saying "She’s the sweetest funniest most caring person when I’m giving her what she wants...and you think there is nothing wrong with that type of behavior??!! She is manipulating you and emotionally keeping you hostage in this hell of hers..which is now yours because you're still with this person.Get away from the person NOW.If you don't listen to all the other people saying the same thing as myself...expect to bring in the New Year in hell with this person...that simple.She will never change.She is an awful person who doesn't care how she treats others as long as she gets what she wants.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Hey guys I’ll try to keep this short.

I’ve been dating this girl for about 6 months. I’m 27 she’s 23. I love her and care for her, but there are red flags that I’ve ignored and are getting much much worse. She is an extremely jealous and insanely possessive person. If my attention is not on her 24/7 I am put through hell. Some examples:

1) we went to the gym, I waved at a female friend that she didn’t know about. LITERALlY JUST A WAVE. Immediately her energy goes sour, I get the cold shoulder, and she starts flirting with a random guy (smacks his shoulder, giggles, ask to help her put weights away). Right Infront of me.

2) doesn’t let me go to parties alone

3) my nephew was born last month and I spent the day with my family in the hospital. I was so happy and sending her snaps of the newborn baby. I get home that night to a pouty sour girlfriend who says I’ve been ignoring her the whole day. no joke. Tears and all, said she was happy for me but still wants to feel like she matters.

4) my female cousin comes to visit from the states who I’m very close with, she’s staying with me my girlfriend and brother in the same house. My girl was unhappy since I told her my cousin was coming, saying I better take her side if they disagree, I better still pay attention to her. I’m a little worried because I don’t want drama..so i pull her aside for this long heart to heart, that I know it’s not comfortable for her but I would love if she kept
An open mind and realize it’s only 2 weeks, and how important family is to me. The first night my cousin came..my gf was sleeping when she got there...Me, cousin, sister and brother we’re hanging out in the living room (haven’t seen each other in years so obviously having a good time catching up and might have been laughing a little loud). We all hear my gf yell from the bedroom “SHUT THE **** UP”...she hasn’t even MET my cousin or sis yet, great first impression. I go upstairs to tell her to relax...I get yelled at. So I go back downstairs to give her space. Next thing we hear is a big SMASH..go back upstairs to see my tv remote in pieces on the ground. I told her she’s embarrassing me infront of my family.. her response “I don’t give a **** what they think”. Keep in mind she doesn’t pay rent, really has nowhere else to go unless she wants to rent a place, which is why she stays at my place. out of anger, I tell her we’re done and she’s packing her **** up in the morning. In come the water works, crying hysterically. I don’t feel bad..i go back downstairs to chill with my Fam again, I get 8 phone calls of her balling telling me to come Upstairs so we can talk. My cousin and sis aren’t huge fans at this point. My brother is just shocked because he never seen her behave like this (then again this is the first time my attention has been on anything besides her). I was so hurt. When I met her sisters I treat them like my sisters, I tip-toe around them to make a good impression because I want so bad for them to like me.

anyways, we move past all that drama, everyone getting along fine..but there’s still a wall between me and her. Today, she got annoyed because I went to the mall and got ice cream with my cousin and we didn’t invite her (she was with her family in another city). She has this tendency to be extremely condescending and treat me like garbage when she feels wronged. So I get this attitude. I ask her what’s wrong three times, she goes “nothing”. More attitude. tells me why I’m wrong and why I need to change. I tell her how her love for me is conditional, and I feel suffocated. She dismisses her wrongdoings completely, says I’m wrong for not including her. I eventually say we’re different people and i wanna break up...we’re in my car on the highway at midnight...hysterical tears, telling me to pull over so she can call an Uber, saying she will open the door and roll out of the car if I don’t pull over. Says I make her want to kill her self.

Thoughts??
Borderline Personality Disorder. Get out now before she stabs you in the shower (Jodi Arias). I am completely serious. Soon she will resent you working because it's time away from her, but you have to work to provide for her. You cannot win, you cannot please her.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:32 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
What is in the water?

Women are going bonkers left and right for eons actually and moreso by today's standards.

Men- we're not to far behind.

Quite bizarre.

My buddies chuckle as I Express my concerns with new age dating. As I become serious, I must see baby photos, adolescence stages (this trans-life has become rampant), meet family, speak on behavior patterns or mental illness.

Dating is a chore.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:41 PM

599 posts, read 263,146 times
Threatening suicide when someone breaks up is abusive. If you feel it is serious I would contact her family and let her know. I have had this happen to me. It was not a real threat but a a method used to manipulate me. I would ask her if this is a serious threat and let her know you will be contacting her family so they can support her emotionally. It is not your responsibility to deal with this. Give her a hotline, let her family know and cut off contact.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty99 View Post
Threatening suicide when someone breaks up is abusive. If you feel it is serious I would contact her family and let her know. I have had this happen to me. It was not a real threat but a a method used to manipulate me. I would ask her if this is a serious threat and let her know you will be contacting her family so they can support her emotionally. It is not your responsibility to deal with this. Give her a hotline, let her family know and cut off contact.
Hell, call the police and have her admitted for evaluation. That will stop her from making threats like that in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships