Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 12:16 AM

24 posts, read 19,431 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I’ll try to keep this short.

I’ve been dating this girl for about 6 months. I’m 27 she’s 23. I love her and care for her, but there are red flags that I’ve ignored and are getting much much worse. She is an extremely jealous and insanely possessive person. If my attention is not on her 24/7 I am put through hell. Some examples:

1) we went to the gym, I waved at a female friend that she didn’t know about. LITERALlY JUST A WAVE. Immediately her energy goes sour, I get the cold shoulder, and she starts flirting with a random guy (smacks his shoulder, giggles, ask to help her put weights away). Right Infront of me.

2) doesn’t let me go to parties alone

3) my nephew was born last month and I spent the day with my family in the hospital. I was so happy and sending her snaps of the newborn baby. I get home that night to a pouty sour girlfriend who says I’ve been ignoring her the whole day. no joke. Tears and all, said she was happy for me but still wants to feel like she matters.

4) my female cousin comes to visit from the states who I’m very close with, she’s staying with me my girlfriend and brother in the same house. My girl was unhappy since I told her my cousin was coming, saying I better take her side if they disagree, I better still pay attention to her. I’m a little worried because I don’t want drama..so i pull her aside for this long heart to heart, that I know it’s not comfortable for her but I would love if she kept
An open mind and realize it’s only 2 weeks, and how important family is to me. The first night my cousin came..my gf was sleeping when she got there...Me, cousin, sister and brother we’re hanging out in the living room (haven’t seen each other in years so obviously having a good time catching up and might have been laughing a little loud). We all hear my gf yell from the bedroom “SHUT THE **** UP”...she hasn’t even MET my cousin or sis yet, great first impression. I go upstairs to tell her to relax...I get yelled at. So I go back downstairs to give her space. Next thing we hear is a big SMASH..go back upstairs to see my tv remote in pieces on the ground. I told her she’s embarrassing me infront of my family.. her response “I don’t give a **** what they think”. Keep in mind she doesn’t pay rent, really has nowhere else to go unless she wants to rent a place, which is why she stays at my place. out of anger, I tell her we’re done and she’s packing her **** up in the morning. In come the water works, crying hysterically. I don’t feel bad..i go back downstairs to chill with my Fam again, I get 8 phone calls of her balling telling me to come Upstairs so we can talk. My cousin and sis aren’t huge fans at this point. My brother is just shocked because he never seen her behave like this (then again this is the first time my attention has been on anything besides her). I was so hurt. When I met her sisters I treat them like my sisters, I tip-toe around them to make a good impression because I want so bad for them to like me.

anyways, we move past all that drama, everyone getting along fine..but there’s still a wall between me and her. Today, she got annoyed because I went to the mall and got ice cream with my cousin and we didn’t invite her (she was with her family in another city). She has this tendency to be extremely condescending and treat me like garbage when she feels wronged. So I get this attitude. I ask her what’s wrong three times, she goes “nothing”. More attitude. tells me why I’m wrong and why I need to change. I tell her how her love for me is conditional, and I feel suffocated. She dismisses her wrongdoings completely, says I’m wrong for not including her. I eventually say we’re different people and i wanna break up...we’re in my car on the highway at midnight...hysterical tears, telling me to pull over so she can call an Uber, saying she will open the door and roll out of the car if I don’t pull over. Says I make her want to kill her self.

I feel so trapped. She’s the sweetest funniest most caring person when I’m giving her what she wants. She takes care of my dog when I’m at work, cooks for me, does a lot of nice things for me. I’m seeing a while other side of her when my cousin is here. I’m very much a loner and don’t have that many friends, so when she sees me having fun with anyone besides her, she loses her mind.

She also has some manipulative tendencies.. She doesn’t like spending money. I pay for 90% of dinners, groceries, etc. Her reasoning is that I make twice as much as she does. But we would
Agree for example that We’re gonna split groceries, I pay and she’ll send me a transfer after. She never does. I bring it up, she goes “baby you know I’m trying to save right now”. She always somehow weasels out of paying me back.

Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 12:54 AM

1,350 posts, read 818,426 times
6 months... is this the same girlfriend you were writing about in August? The one that was texting with your best friend and not telling you and she was not standing up for you? But you said you dumped her in August.... why did you get back with her? Just wondering.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:19 AM

24 posts, read 19,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
6 months... is this the same girlfriend you were writing about in August? The one that was texting with your best friend and not telling you and she was not standing up for you? But you said you dumped her in August.... why did you get back with her? Just wondering.
I dumped her and went completely no contact, while posting videos of me on social media with another girl. Worst part is I really began to forget about her, until she called me 5 days later crying her eyes out saying she’s falling apart and misses me. I missed her too. I told her to kick rocks and “oh thought I was a player”, she goes “we’ll he wasn’t the only person who was telling me that”, essentially not apologizing or admitting fault. Told her to **** off, and some other not so nice things. She was consistently calling me and begging for another chance, and apologized. I was also told by a friend there that she didn’t hook up or flirt with anyone. She later told me that the reason she went to the trip after everything was because she saw me as a f*ck boy and wasn’t serious about our relationship. Even though absolutely nothing I did made her think that. But it’s now “different”.

I realize I haven’t made the best decisions with this person. She is so toxic.I now want to move on, but I’m trying to figure out how to without feeling guilty or getting suckers into her tantrums.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:03 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,504 times
This is a no brainer!....Change your number and have no contact with her!! If she acts like this now, how do you think she'll be if you marry the spoiled beast? I would have been done with her acting like she did in front of my family....MOVE ON...

Old 12-30-2019, 04:18 AM

4,087 posts, read 2,557,060 times
Why does your girlfriend have no where else to go save your home when you've only been together as a couple off and on for six months? Surely she lived *somewhere* prior to August of this year and during your brief breakup period.

After you rid yourself of your girlfriend, think long and hard before you take on another live in companion who you barely know, let alone one with whom you work. (Assuming that you still work with this woman, of course.)

Old 12-30-2019, 04:19 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,058,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
This is a no brainer!....Change your number and have no contact with her!! If she acts like this now, how do you think she'll be if you marry the spoiled beast? I would have been done with her acting like she did in front of my family....MOVE ON...
This. She’s manipulating you. And even if you are a loner with few friends, that is a much better situation than this cluster-f. Even if she pulls the “I’m going to kill myself,” ploy. NOT your responsibility. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:37 AM

324 posts, read 407,151 times
Wow. I would have dumped her instantly on what she did at number 4. It's a whole different story when she can't control her "psycho" in front of other people.

It can only get worse so run for the hills.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:34 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Get a new girlfriend, then you won't have to keep going back to her.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:39 AM

1,350 posts, read 818,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNut23 View Post
I dumped her and went completely no contact, while posting videos of me on social media with another girl. Worst part is I really began to forget about her, until she called me 5 days later crying her eyes out saying she’s falling apart and misses me. I missed her too. I told her to kick rocks and “oh thought I was a player”, she goes “we’ll he wasn’t the only person who was telling me that”, essentially not apologizing or admitting fault. Told her to **** off, and some other not so nice things. She was consistently calling me and begging for another chance, and apologized. I was also told by a friend there that she didn’t hook up or flirt with anyone. She later told me that the reason she went to the trip after everything was because she saw me as a f*ck boy and wasn’t serious about our relationship. Even though absolutely nothing I did made her think that. But it’s now “different”.

I realize I haven’t made the best decisions with this person. She is so toxic.I now want to move on, but I’m trying to figure out how to without feeling guilty or getting suckers into her tantrums.
Thanks for the update. Was surprised you went back to her, and it sounds like things have gotten much worse since the August breakup. Your thread title is that she threatened suicide when you tried to end it. But you ended it last August, and she didn't commit suicide. If she threatens that again, call 911 for her. Or at least let her family know that she has threatened suicide.

That being said, are you friendly with any of her family? Can you kind of send her back... home?? I guess they couldn't deal with her either, which is how you ended up taking care of her. She's acting more like your spoiled, manipulative daughter than your mature, loving girlfriend.

You're young, only 27 years old, I would suggest not wasting any more time on this basket of drama. How to do it? Be strong, block all of her contact..... It's only been 6 months, you'll get over it quickly. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2019, 05:56 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Part of the reason why you can't break up with her properly is because your breakups are too explosive and drama-filled. You need to do it more calmly and peacefully, which means, it has to be planned (on your part) and not during some blow up you two are having, or after some wrong has been done by one of you. Plan to tell her when she's at home and things are calm. Don't blame her in any way and tell her that in order for you both to move on you have to cut all contact. Then block her from everywhere, and I mean it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships