Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 12:01 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamble View Post
That's what I'm most worried about. Now I'm freaking out that she's going to go back to her ex over this.
You’ve pretty much guaranteed she’s going to break up with you. Then it will be none of your business who she dates. Dumb move.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:10 PM

7,103 posts, read 4,531,425 times
You are toast. Sorry!

Old 12-31-2019, 12:18 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Funny.

If I was you I would say I was coincidentally in that mall because there is that special store X that has the special X you really want/need. You then saw her and felt like an idiot being there so you were hiding, wondering if you should say hi or not when they discovered you.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
That's what I'm most worried about. Now I'm freaking out that she's going to go back to her ex over this.
You're all worried about this ex without understanding how stupid and weird the stuff YOU did is. Even if she never got back with the ex, she should end things with you.

If this is real, you have some serious insecurity you need to deal with. But it's SO lame it can't be real.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Freaking out? You are clearly losing your marbles. I think you may be a danger at this point.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:34 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Yesterday my girlfriend was going out of town to visit some friends from her old high school. She was upfront and told me that one of the guys in the group was an ex-boyfriend and she told me that there are no more romantic feelings and that they're on good terms as friends. She told me because she wanted to be honest and get everything out in the open, but I didn't feel reassured by that. I was freaking out about the possibility of her ex wooing her back and her dumping me for him.

She left and not long after, I got in my car and drove to the town that she was visiting. It was a two hour drive and when I first arrived in the town, I had no idea where to look for her, but then I remembered her mentioning that she was meeting with her friends at their form in the local University and that's where I went. I drove around the parking lot until I found my girlfriend's car and parked nearby to watch. The group eventually came out and there was five of them, three girls and two guys. They got in another car and I followed them to the mall.

I followed their group around, staying behind enough to where I could see them without them noticing. I had made sure to wear an old hoody that my girlfriend had never seen before and they hadn't noticed me yet. I followed them around various shops and when they sat down to eat in the food court, I did something very stupid: I pulled my hood tight around my face and I quickly walked by their table to try and make out what they were saying. My girlfriend couldn't tell it was me as I walked by and I could only make out them talking about some TV show.

Later, they all sat down in a rest area and I was crouched behind a decorative plant to watch them. But one of the guys in the group saw me peeking out and he pointed at me. The others noticed and I just ran out. I got in my car and began to drive home to cover my tracks and come up with an alibi, but my girlfriend called me and she knew it was me. She asked me why I was following her and I told her that I didn't want her hanging out with her ex, but she called me "pathetic" and she hung up on me. Me and her have only been dating for a few months and I'm really worried about our relationship now. How do I fix this?
You do two things:

1. You let this poor girl go.
2. You seek therapy.

You drove TWO HOURS and stalked her. In a massively creepy, scary and dangerous way. GOD I hope she does not cave to whatever weird excuses and "reasons" you give for this.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL, imagine how those friends of hers are talking and laughing about you now. Especially the ex boyfriend. There is no way she can go back to you without losing all kinds of respect from her peers.
Thank God for friends who help you see the absurdity in things!

Old 12-31-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
What do you care? She is likely done with YOU. And you did it. Not the ex.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Funny.

If I was you I would say I was coincidentally in that mall because there is that special store X that has the special X you really want/need. You then saw her and felt like an idiot being there so you were hiding, wondering if you should say hi or not when they discovered you.
Having driven TWO HOURS?

Old 12-31-2019, 12:45 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You're all worried about this ex without understanding how stupid and weird the stuff YOU did is. Even if she never got back with the ex, she should end things with you.

If this is real, you have some serious insecurity you need to deal with. But it's SO lame it can't be real.
Premise = B-
Execution = F
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships