Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 09:31 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
Yes that’s him. We were friends with benefits before though.
OK, so you never made it to France, and he wouldn't take you with him on Christmas.

Are you concerned that there are other big things he's not being honest about?

Are you pregnant?

Old 01-01-2020, 10:36 AM

599 posts, read 262,976 times
Quote:
Should I talk to them on FB or send a message first?
Higher a private investigator or do a background check. I don't want to be mean but I really want to shout, HOW COULD YOU MARRY HIM, without knowing more about him? I would never even seriously date someone until I see their family, friends and get an idea of their background. I am scared for you. Please find out more.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:41 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
OK, so you never made it to France, and he wouldn't take you with him on Christmas.

Are you concerned that there are other big things he's not being honest about?

Are you pregnant?
Noooo I’m not yet. Nothing like that.

I am a bit worried. Things have been going good but it’s justcweird to me. The apt thing makes sense because of my lease and is trying to find a place to live together but the family stuff is weird but he doesn’t seem worried about it.

We are going to go on a Honeymoon soon but no we never went to France.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
You were only FWB before, and this marriage seems a bit rushed. Why did you get married so quickly? I only ask because he is being so hesitant about telling his family. Why don't you Facetime or Skype his parents? And his sister too, to congratulate her on her pregnancy. Would your husband object to you video chatting with them?

Just seems strange that he marries you without telling his family, then goes home for both holidays, and doesn't bring his new WIFE. You ARE family now.
It’s bc we dated before for a while or more we were friends with benefits. Then some stuff happened and we ended it. So once we got back together it seemed right to get married since we both wanted to be with each other and commit.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:51 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
You were only FWB before, and this marriage seems a bit rushed. Why did you get married so quickly? I only ask because he is being so hesitant about telling his family. Why don't you Facetime or Skype his parents? And his sister too, to congratulate her on her pregnancy. Would your husband object to you video chatting with them?

Just seems strange that he marries you without telling his family, then goes home for both holidays, and doesn't bring his new WIFE. You ARE family now.
Indeed. A bit hasty and not thorough planned.
Married for a month and not living together. Doesn't he have a place to live? Can't they live there together?
Never met the family. Too many secrets. Shame?
OP stated that she is a devoted churchgoer but wants to change her faith? Live as a Mormon? Does she know what that REALLY means and how it will change her life?
There's a Mormon text still used today that States: "No career approaches in importance that of wife, homemaker, mother – cooking meals, washing dishes, making beds for one's precious husband and children." The Church does not approve of any form of birth control.
Mormon women are encouraged to have as many children as they feel able to. The religious code affected family life in multiple ways too. Mormon women do not have many rights and are not permitted to make decisions that affect anyone but other women and perhaps children (and even then, such decisions must always be approved by male priesthood leaders). Women and girls are conditioned by a culture to obey male authority. Such a system is at great risk for abuse. Mormon religion has a long and unfortunate history of regarding women as objects.

OP should get take the time to get familiar with the rules and expectations of Mormon Church and her role as a wife and mother. Saying that everyone seems to be very nice isn't enough. Being neglected and abused most of her life makes her an easy prey to manipulative men who don't respect women rights.
Maybe not having rights is OK with OP because, unfortunately, she was abused most of her life. So, nothing will really change...

Mormons don't drink coffee, tea, alcohol or smoke. Women wear extremely conservative clothes. They cant have low-cut tops or tops that reveal their stomachs. Their shoulders must be covered and their dresses need to reach their knees, and often ankles. They can't wear anything tight or suggestive. They must strictly follow Church rules and adhere to the faith's strict rules.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mormo...p&guccounter=2

https://religionnews.com/2019/09/10/...sten-to-women/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultur...ter-day_Saints

Old 01-01-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Indeed. A bit hasty and not thorough planned.
Married for a month and not living together. Never met the family. Too many secrets. Shame?
OP stated that she is a devoted churchgoer but wants to change her faith? Live as a Mormon? Does she know what that REALLY means and how it will change her life?
There's a Mormon text still used today that States: "No career approaches in importance that of wife, homemaker, mother – cooking meals, washing dishes, making beds for one's precious husband and children." The Church does not approve of any form of birth control.
Mormon women are encouraged to have as many children as they feel able to. The religious code affected family life in multiple ways too. Mormon women do not have many rights and are not permitted to make decisions that affect anyone but other women and perhaps children (and even then, such decisions must always be approved by male priesthood leaders). Women and girls are conditioned by a culture to obey male authority. Such a system is at great risk for abuse. Mormon religion has a long and unfortunate history of regarding women as objects.

OP should get take the time to get familiar with the rules and expectations of Mormon Church and her role as a wife and mother. Saying that everyone seems to be very nice isn't enough. Being neglected and abused most of her life makes her an easy prey to manipulative men who don't respect women rights.

Mormons don't drink coffee, tea, alcohol or smoke. Women wear extremely conservative clothes. They cant have low-cut tops or tops that reveal their stomachs. Their shoulders must be covered and their dresses need to reach their knees, and often ankles. They can't wear anything tight or suggestive. They must strictly follow Church rules and adhere to the faith's strict rules.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mormo...p&guccounter=2

https://religionnews.com/2019/09/10/...sten-to-women/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultur...ter-day_Saints
I don't think this guy is Mormon.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:02 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
I got married about a month ago and I havent met my in laws yet because they live in another city. I think it’s weird that I havent met any of my husbands family but he does talk about them. When we got married we did the courthouse thing and plan to have an actual wedding once things slow down with him at work. So since there has not been a wedding I have not met any of his family yet. He has met my sister but I don’t have much family to introduce him to anymore.

Over the holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving I expected us to go visit his family but he went alone both times. I asked him why we couldn’t go together and both times he told me he wanted to tell them in person he got married and not just over the phone and he wanted to be alone when he told them. So I stayed behind both times. But now I’m starting to wedding plan and when I ask when I can meet them he says soon but then changes the subject.

That seems weird right? Its not just me? I know they exist because I’ve seen pictures and stuff so I don’t know what it could be.
Yes, of course it's odd and alarming. Your new hubby is sneaky and, I believe, lying to you.

You say, "I know they exist because I’ve seen pictures and stuff..." He could be showing you pictures and "stuff" of persons not even related to him. Don't rely on that.

Hire a private investigator to help you figure out what new hubby is hiding or leave him.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:15 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
I think she was with the France guy then the Mormon guy, but I am not sure. Everything about the France guy seems shady to me.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No he’s not. The Mormon guy was someone I was talking to but didn’t work out for a lot of reasons.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Well, how do you go from FWB to getting married, without really proper dating?

Did he treat you differently than he did the first time around? Who brought up marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships