Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,932,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Hang on did you get this from her via PM? If so I hope she told you she's not still with him?

Can't blame her really if she's mortified.
I promised her I wouldn’t share her story here. That’s why I asked her to come and update the thread because everyone here, even the naysayers, are concerned about her.

I have daughters her age and I’d be in jail if this was one of them.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:03 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I promised her I wouldn’t share her story here. That’s why I asked her to come and update the thread because everyone here, even the naysayers, are concerned about her.

I have daughters her age and I’d be in jail if this was one of them.
No, right, don't reveal anything said in confidence. I was just asking if that was speculation or you got it from PM.

I hope she at least hits us up to say she is no longer having anything to do with him.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,648,869 times
She should definitely sell her story to the Lifetime Network!

And if the wedding was faked on government property, and fake documents signed, the authorities should probably be alerted. Attorneys, is this a clear case of fraud?

An anonymous tip to the local TV news outlet wouldn't go amiss either. Such an unusual story, with such a compelling victim, would make the prime time local "watchdog" news and maybe even a national human interest story.

Last edited by zentropa; 01-09-2020 at 11:50 AM..

Old 01-09-2020, 11:54 AM

3,100 posts, read 2,043,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The OP herself said that she was sure that the ex was out of the picture, then said that is not so. She said that she is 100% married, now says maybe not. She said someone signed something, but can't recall what.

The OP is not a reliable witness as to what happened is is happening in her life.

No, she is not reliable and never has been. Makes things up as she goes along as if she's writing a book or something. We are her free beta readers.

Quote:
Anything that she tells you, or anyone else, in a PM is not reliable either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
They might make a movie of her book/script. The heroine conveniently discovers that she is not married just after finding out that the scoundrel still has a GF and 'gross' sexual preferences. Happy ending.

Quote:
And if the wedding was faked on government property, and fake documents signed, the authorities should probably be alerted. Attorneys, is this a clear case of fraud?
We might have to wait until it's published to find out how he managed to dupe her and her friends at the courthouse. Maybe it's historical fiction from an era when it might have been easier to dupe.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:04 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
We might have to wait until it's published to find out how he managed to dupe her and her friends at the courthouse. Maybe it's historical fiction from an era when it might have been easier to dupe.
LMAO I'm WEAK

You are hardly the first to doubt the veracity of Belle's tribulations, believe me. I used to think they were concocted as well, based upon the utter outrageousness of the scenarios.

I've since come around to believing the tales; this girl is truly THAT naive. Which again, is why predators find her an easy mark.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:05 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,279,191 times
Quote:
Maybe a take off of "Sister Carrie." The story of a duped, unknowing, poor female character is timeless.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
If she told Kim she doesn't want to post here again, then it makes her more believable in my mind. She could keep stringing the story along but apparently she's too mortified to come back and post.

And that just means we were right about him and they're not married (which she pretty much already posted).

Old 01-09-2020, 12:10 PM

2,249 posts, read 1,646,473 times
Quote:
She is not legally married. She is not coming back to this thread. She feels stupid about the whole situation.

I told her to actually go to the courthouse and talk to someone about this ‘ceremony’ that took place and about the documents he claims he has. I also told her to come back to the thread and update everyone once and for all. She feels stupid for being duped by this loser. I hope she takes my advice and i hope she updates the thread.
So how did she find out she was not legally married?

Did she actually go to the courthouse to check on documents and found out that way?

Was the court fiasco (with witnesses?!) only for a marriage license which eventually expires with no ceremony?

Don’t want sordid details of their relationship but am curious how she got duped on government property. That seems illegal.

I just hope she is still in community college. She should not feel stupid as she was manipulated by a pro.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

An anonymous tip to the local TV news outlet wouldn't go amiss either. Such an unusual story, with such a compelling victim, would make the prime time local "watchdog" news and maybe even a national human interest story.
That’s why I told her to go to the courthouse and tell them her story. They will know if the ceremony was real or fake as well as the documents

Old 01-09-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
No, she is not reliable and never has been. Makes things up as she goes along as if she's writing a book or something. We are her free beta readers.

Anything that she tells you, or anyone else, in a PM is not reliable either.

They might make a movie of her book/script. The heroine conveniently discovers that she is not married just after finding out that the scoundrel still has a GF and 'gross' sexual preferences. Happy ending.

If she’s a story teller she’s a damn good one. And she must have a lot of time on her hands to think up the stuff she posts. Have you read her threads and posts??

Last edited by Kim in FL; 01-09-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships