Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2020, 11:09 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Oh yes, back when he visited her at the motel where she lived; again just going by the posts he never gave her much. Recall, he allowed her to become homeless back then, so.

This was hardly a sugar baby kinda thing; I'd be shocked if it amounted to more than a few hundred dollars in total. She's so desperate to be loved, and I'm certain he honed in on that straight off. No need to shell out money to get her to go along when manipulation shall accomplish the same end.

Belle has issues galore for sure but greed isn't one of them.
No she’s not greedy, but she’s also not stupid.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:13 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I've been following this discussion and see that people are genuinely concerned about and caring for the young woman involved.

If the man is indeed a perv of some sort, maybe he's in a network of like-minded people and is planning to pimp the young woman out.
It all sounds very ... not okay. I hope the young woman can hear some of the caring and warning coming from people.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:43 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
There is another reason a marriage may occur. that may be applicable. I am going to go with the plebeian understanding rather than the nuances of state and federal applicability.

It is called marital/spousal privilege and the ordinary (though not correct or complete) understanding is "a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband". Once again that is the common understanding that leads to a lot of sudden marriages when someone gets indicted.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:56 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
There is another reason a marriage may occur. that may be applicable. I am going to go with the plebeian understanding rather than the nuances of state and federal applicability.

It is called marital/spousal privilege and the ordinary (though not correct or complete) understanding is "a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband". Once again that is the common understanding that leads to a lot of sudden marriages when someone gets indicted.

I think its highly highly likely he's involved in illegal activities. He either knows or thinks Belle will willingly (or inadvertently due to her trusting nature) be an ideal crime partner.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:20 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
In my first post about all of this, I answered Belle's question about reaching out to the in laws with a "NO." Given her most recent post and all the various posts guessing as to this man's motivation, I kind of think she should reach out to the in laws and introduce herself. It's not that I think they will help her, but I do think exposure is sometimes beneficial. It will also send a message to him, "Don't mess with me!"

Old 01-07-2020, 12:58 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
In my first post about all of this, I answered Belle's question about reaching out to the in laws with a "NO." Given her most recent post and all the various posts guessing as to this man's motivation, I kind of think she should reach out to the in laws and introduce herself. It's not that I think they will help her, but I do think exposure is sometimes beneficial. It will also send a message to him, "Don't mess with me!"
Or, more likely, since they don't know their son is married, she will be just be written off as a "psycho ex" who loves "drama"......

Old 01-07-2020, 01:09 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantabridgienne View Post
or, more likely, since they don't know their son is married, she will be just be written off as a "psycho ex" who loves "drama"......
+1.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:12 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post

I think that everyone's wild imagination is gone way too far now - we have drug mule, murder for life insurance, testifying in a court, pedophilia, etc. in a picture here.
All that unsubstantiated and really scary. No wonder that OP doesn't want to come back and comment on that anymore.
He didn't need to marry her for any of those reasons. He has some sexual fantasies, but what man doesn't. Most fantasize, but not many are able to find a girl who would actually make their fantasies real. That's not a reason to marry.
Drug mule? Not a reason to marry. Pedophilia? Not a reason either. Is he interested in her sister's kids? No.
Testifying in a court? That's very far reached, and if he continues to keep secrets then there is nothing to tell. She never said anything about him introducing her to the drug scene, or that he is a user.

What I think is that he had one of the "whim" moments and just decided to marry her to keep her on the back burner. The fact that there was no waiting time made it very easy.
Now a month is gone and he is hiding from her, probably came to his senses.
How many times did he saw OP after they got married? What else happened between them in that time? Did they look for a place to live together? Did they spend time together?

It looks like he is still happily living with his GF, goes to work, visits parents and nothing changed since.
He is not introducing her to his parents, because he already introduced his (more suitable) GF and probably she is attending all his family/work/social activities with him. Introducing OP as his now wife is not going to happen.
Their marriage isn't legally valid and it's now a matter of time when it will be annulled.
If it doesn't, I would suspect that it never happened.

All our speculations are around the fact that he didn't introduce her to his family and they don't live together. We now know why it's so - he has a normal life with his GF. She is not crazy, but maybe boring in bed.
He did or did not marry OP, but he is making her believe that they are married. She has no car, no means and is not "street" smart enough to investigate what really happened and what to do about it. She has no support system and is ashamed to tell anyone about her life because she doesn't want to be judged. People judge, people speculate, make up the wildest scenarios. See the posts on this thread.

I don't know how to help as OP is desperate to believe that she is loved, got married to a good, caring guy, that her life is finally going to change for the better and she is just waiting for it to happen. I don't think she really WANTS to know the truth.
She is now finding bits of it, she has her doubts and suspicions, but she is not "brave" enough to ask one of her "friends" that has a car to drive to her husband's work or confront him and his GF at their home. I bet the GF doesn't know about her either.
She is just sitting at her apartment alone and waiting for him to knock on her door...

Old 01-07-2020, 01:14 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

She is just sitting at her apartment alone and waiting for him to knock on her door...
For Belle, this ^^^ is the best-case scenario.

She needs to stay FAR away from his apartment.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I think that everyone's wild imagination is gone way too far now - we have drug mule, murder for life insurance, testifying in a court, pedophilia, etc. in a picture here.
All that unsubstantiated and really scary. No wonder that OP doesn't want to come back and comment on that anymore.
He didn't need to marry her for any of those reasons. He has some sexual fantasies, but what man doesn't. Most fantasize, but not many are able to find a girl who would actually make their fantasies real. That's not a reason to marry.
Drug mule? Not a reason to marry. Pedophilia? Not a reason either. Is he interested in her sister's kids? No.
Testifying in a court? That's very far reached, and if he continues to keep secrets then there is nothing to tell. She never said anything about him introducing her to the drug scene, or that he is a user.

What I think is that he had one of the "whim" moments and just decided to marry her to keep her on the back burner. The fact that there was no waiting time made it very easy.
Now a month is gone and he is hiding from her, probably came to his senses.
How many times did he saw OP after they got married? What else happened between them in that time? Did they look for a place to live together? Did they spend time together?

It looks like he is still happily living with his GF, goes to work, visits parents and nothing changed since.
He is not introducing her to his parents, because he already introduced his (more suitable) GF and probably she is attending all his family/work/social activities with him. Introducing OP as his now wife is not going to happen.
Their marriage isn't legally valid and it's now a matter of time when it will be annulled.
If it doesn't, I would suspect that it never happened.

All our speculations are around the fact that he didn't introduce her to his family and they don't live together. We now know why it's so - he has a normal life with his GF. She is not crazy, but maybe boring in bed.
He did or did not marry OP, but he is making her believe that they are married. She has no car, no means and is not "street" smart enough to investigate what really happened and what to do about it. She has no support system and is ashamed to tell anyone about her life because she doesn't want to be judged. People judge, people speculate, make up the wildest scenarios. See the posts on this thread.

I don't know how to help as OP is desperate to believe that she is loved, got married to a good, caring guy, that her life is finally going to change for the better and she is just waiting for it to happen. I don't think she really WANTS to know the truth.
She is now finding bits of it, she has her doubts and suspicions, but she is not "brave" enough to ask one of her "friends" that has a car to drive to her husband's work or confront him and his GF at their home. I bet the GF doesn't know about her either.
I agree with most of what you've posted, except I think she's not brave enough to face the truth.

If she were, she'd be doing more than asking an habitual liar to be honest with her, and she'd be taking some of the actions we've suggested.

He may not be as bad as some of the things people are posting, but he's also far worse than just being 'a messed up guy'.

It can't be repeated enough - she's in an unhealthy and unsafe situation with this man and she needs to get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships