Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 07:35 AM

29 posts, read 10,769 times

Advertisements

I guess the title says it all..
Anybody having the same problem and how do you get around it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 07:50 AM

1,350 posts, read 819,856 times
Well, the title does NOT say all... but I did go back and read your other post from 3 months ago.

It seems you haven't had any trouble talking to, and dating, girls, since high school (you are 25 years old now). I think the problem is that you can't hang on to, these girlfriends for a long length of time. Have you tried any of the previous suggestions from your other post?

It seemed that you have no problem making friends of both sexes (so it is not "social anxiety" that you have, and you might not want to label it as such). You lack confidence in keeping a girlfriend.

How has it been since September?

Old 01-01-2020, 07:52 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
My anxiety was the result of having unstructured and unpredictable behavior as well as being around those with similar tendencies.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:12 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
IMO I take that you're not comfortable with yourself OP?

Old 01-01-2020, 09:26 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
How do you deal with it? You visit a medical professional, get a complete mental health evaluation, and begin treatment.

Is this a trick question?

You aren't exaggerating about being crippled are you?

Old 01-01-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Trucker View Post
I am probably the last man in the world that should be giving relationship advice but do not listen to the poster above me and see medical help for a natural thing like getting anxiety when dating. You would be better off being sober and alone than taking medication to cure anxiety. Go jogging or something. Give yourself a good pep talk. Better yet ask God for help - it just might help. If not, so what, be nervous. It means you care about the date you are about to go on - it means something to you. It's natural. The anxiety probably is more from the thought of being nervous than from the actual meeting of the woman. Godspeed to you.
Obviously YOU think he is exaggerating about being crippled by mental illness...

A "pep talk" might be just the thing then!

Old 01-01-2020, 06:18 PM

29 posts, read 10,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Well, the title does NOT say all... but I did go back and read your other post from 3 months ago.

It seems you haven't had any trouble talking to, and dating, girls, since high school (you are 25 years old now). I think the problem is that you can't hang on to, these girlfriends for a long length of time. Have you tried any of the previous suggestions from your other post?

It seemed that you have no problem making friends of both sexes (so it is not "social anxiety" that you have, and you might not want to label it as such). You lack confidence in keeping a girlfriend.

How has it been since September?
I don't lack confidence in keeping a girlfriend, but in finding one. I just feel like I suck at meeting new people. So, I found a way to cope with that: I stopped meeting people. And it sucks, it's depressing, but I still feel anxious about meeting someone new.
I have friends, that's not the problem. But dating is.

Nothing really happened since september. Except I got a call from my ex, she wanted to spend some time. I wasnt really that hyped, but I made myself go. I was hoping that it would reignite something, not our relationship, but me as a person. Yet nothing

Old 01-01-2020, 06:27 PM

3,648 posts, read 1,602,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1994 View Post
I don't lack confidence in keeping a girlfriend, but in finding one. I just feel like I suck at meeting new people. So, I found a way to cope with that: I stopped meeting people. And it sucks, it's depressing, but I still feel anxious about meeting someone new.

Nothing really happened since september. Except I got a call from my ex, she wanted to spend some time. I wasnt really that hyped, but I made myself go. I was hoping that it would reignite something, not our relationship, but me as a person. Yet nothing

Is that when you feel the crippling anxiety? Meeting someone new? Trying to make a good impression? What to do? What to say? Fear rejection?

Old 01-01-2020, 06:54 PM

1,350 posts, read 819,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1994 View Post

That's good that you have the confidence to keep a girlfriend, and it appeared from your other posts that you do have quite a few friends. Meeting a new girl isn't that hard. How have you tried to meet girls before, was it with online dating apps? Try going out with friends to a bar, club, where you might feel less anxious than being there alone. Also, be open to set-ups from maybe your friend's girlfriend's friends. Do you go to college? What ways have you tried meeting girls?

Old 01-01-2020, 07:00 PM

Is this what you have?

https://www.verywellmind.com/anthropophobia-2671732
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships