Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 10:34 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak View Post
Ladies, you may give your perspective, too, but I am very curious about men's thoughts.

I texted "Happy New Year" to a male colleague earlier today, and his response was that he really wishes me a happy year (listed a few things he hopes for me), and ended with "Look forward to 2020 with you".

I texted Happy New Year to at least 20 people, and his was the only response, that had "with you" included and a relatively long response. It was sweet but surprising.

I used to think that he had a crush on me, BUT I thought that it was either in my mind or went away on its own because I had not seen any signs in awhile. I had pretty much pretended that I had no clue that he may have had a crush. We do NOT hang out / socialize outside of work. 95% of our conversations are work-related.

His text today threw me for a loop. Am I reading too much into the "with you" part?
Hmmm, well... it is not Chinese so....

I'd guess it's his canned response. If you really care to be odd, ask around and see what he wrote to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 04:07 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Based on your posts over the years on this forum, you seem like a good guy, so I am sorry that this thread raised your anxiety.
cool. dont worry about it, not your problem (one of my few quirks i'm navigating thru). also, sonic_spork reminded me of the history of him hitting on you so i am relieved. glad you got some good insites and so far seems to be working.

Old 01-10-2020, 05:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
He wants to bang.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:06 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,364 times
Quote:
Dang! Tell us how you really feel..lol.

I work with him, so I have to converse with him on a daily basis. I have kept it cordial since returning to work, and I will take the advice in this thread and maintain boundaries.
Why would you maintain boundaries? It's an opportunity for romance. He likes you. Do you know how difficult it is to find a guy who can actually have an emotion and a sentiment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships