Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 11:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Next: Guy asks for another picture, I ask what kind? Doing what? He sends one and says: “with your pet, like this, only you.” It’s him in a short sheer nightie holding a cat.

That's gold. Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 11:43 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Years ago. I was talking to a lady, and she said she had one child who was a teenager. We decide to meet up and she's running late. Really late. She finally arrives and asks me to come help her walk in the parking lot because she has really high heels and it's hard to walk in them. I arrive at her and see TWO BABY SEATS in the back of a mini-van. So I ask her what the heck is this??? You run a day care service on the side?? She proceeds to tell me that it is her kids baby seats, and that she has a three year old and a 4 month old!!! And she swears on everything holy that she told me. So I bust out the receipts and show her that she claimed she only had a teenage son. The rest of the night all she did was talk about her babies, and show me pictures. One of the worst dates I ever had.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:44 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
10 or more years ago lurked on a forum attached to a dating site. At the time you had to register at the site to comment on the forum, so I registered. I made it clear that wasn't there to date in the brief profile I put together. Surprisingly a handful of women contacted me, but one woman contacted me 3 or 4 times, each time rail at me or the men on the site, and always reminding me that she was on to my deception, but that it wouldn't work with her.

After the first contact I responded with something like, no, I'm really not looking to date. She became a little belligerent with her next contact, and so I admitted that I was running a scam but that since she was about 100 miles from me and 15 years younger, the clever trap I set wasn't for her. She then said that she was only 5 years younger than me, but those effing (she spelled it out) bastards on the site filter her out due to her age. I apologized for effing bastards everywhere, said that she had seduced me with her charm but that we were star crossed lovers and so my love for her would have to remain from afar. Her last response were two words I'll always remember......."Effing bastard".

Old 01-02-2020, 11:44 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
I get messages from men asking me to rate them naked. They want an actual score, like 1-10.

I wonder what they think the prizes are? A medal? A badge that they can pin on themselves?

Is there a grading curve that I should use?

Old 01-02-2020, 11:47 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I get messages from men asking me to rate them naked. They want an actual score, like 1-10.

I wonder what they think the prizes are? A medal? A badge that they can pin on themselves?

But there's always one person who wrecks the curve

Old 01-02-2020, 11:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I had disclosed on my OLD profile that I was in the process of a separation and divorce from my Ex, didn't really go into much detail, but I wanted that info out there...no one can claim I wasn't honest or upfront about it.

I got a message from a guy who looked like he'd put some serious miles on his face, just...weathered like a skinny biker or construction worker, all scowly... and he said:

I don't remember your profile being so "sh** just happened" but I guess if you want to get a drink I'm down.

Well gosh, mister, thanks for doing me a favor? I didn't respond and then he got mad at me and let me know that women in my situation should not be so picky and I was going to be alone forever. Nice! Yeah, I already had several better prospects and a FB I was enjoying at the time so I did not need a charity date from Jowly McGrumpyFace.

Then there was the military fellow who messaged me. I looked at his profile and he had stated clearly that he was seeking a WIFE and serious women only and he needed a Mom for his kids and so on. Uh... Yeah, it was on my profile that I wasn't looking to be either of those things. At all. So I responded and said, "You seem really nice and I sure wish you luck, but did you bother to look at my profile? I'm not even looking for serious commitment right now, and I'm sure not trying to get married and raise some more kids, dude." His response? "Come on, you should give me a chance. It sucks that such a beautiful woman has given up on love." I've given up on love because I'm not willing to sign up to be an insta-wife? LOL what?
Is it wrong that I sometimes want to play with these guys? Ok, yes, of course it is wrong to DO it. But is it wrong to want to sometimes?

Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post

More than one dude did that?? OMG! -15. ALways.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:57 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But there's always one person who wrecks the curve
...and it’s not that one with the big “curve”.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Next: Guy asks for another picture, I ask what kind? Doing what? He sends one and says: “with your pet, like this, only you.” It’s him in a short sheer nightie holding a cat.
Balls of steel, that guy. Still a total PLONK.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Balls of steel, that guy.
Now that's a pic I could create.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships