Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 01:24 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,034,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'd like to unpack this a little because I definitely think there is some validity to it. Probably because I feel like I'm in this same position at times. Constantly having to "defend" my single status. I've mentioned it before that people would bug the hell out of me about being single for the longest. They had never seen me with a guy before and because of that, they either assume I'm a closet lesbian, some kind of psycho, etc. But because they don't know WHAT the reason is, they pester me about it. And the answer (although NONE of their damn business) is actually quite simple.

Then when you tell them, they just refuse to believe that is the only reason why or they assume I'm picky, my standards are unrealistic, etc. Annnnnddd...it's none of those things. Some people really have nothing better to do than to sit around and wonder why other people aren't bored/miserable like them. Or they see something in you that they want, and when they don't get it, they barrage you with a bunch of questions and back handed comments as to why you can't force yourself into wanting to them. It's very frustrating. That just causes me to rebel.

No one is going to tell me what to like or how I should live. And if I get that vibe from someone, I'm going to do just the opposite. Truthfully, no one who has no self interest involved is going to care about something as arbitrary as a relationship status.
I wonder...would it typically be the interested parties (the men who are interested in you) that would be the ones hassling you about being unattached?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 07:47 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I wonder...would it typically be the interested parties (the men who are interested in you) that would be the ones hassling you about being unattached?
It's mainly them and people who are already close to me.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:12 AM

96 posts, read 87,214 times
I feel the older I get my standards become less and less and less. my goal atm is just keep on working on myself like I have always been doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships