Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 04:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,125 times

Advertisements

Hi! Do you use any relationship app for couples?
I have seen a lot of them, but they aimed for private messaging, setting special dates, providing quizzes to know each other better, that's all.
I with my girlfriend needed some other app where we could track our relationship problems - write them and keep eyes on problems (e.g. I did't help my partner to clean a house; am I helping her now? Is this problem diminished or we should talk about it again?).
Also, would be great to track relationship atmosphere like a daily mood: did we brawl on the previous week? If so, then we can set "bad" relationship for that day and so on. Then, the app will show us statistics in charts (average relationship atmosphere for the previous month, week), thus we could analyze and understand where we're going.

What do you think? Will it be useful for you? What else would be great to have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 05:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Never heard of such a thing and I see no need for it. I talk to the person I'm seeing directly. I have no need or desire for metrics on my feelings from a month ago.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
No, it sounds way too much like a lab experiment.

Personally I don’t need to TRACK problems. I‘m not a data-driven person, and I wouldn’t want to operate this way. I know if something is wrong. And some couples I know would argue about who is contributing more to the app

Old 01-16-2020, 06:10 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I think it would be helpful but beneficial if paired with other services. My wife and I are separated. She is dealing with a lot of issues around her anxieties and self esteem issues that keep her from communicating properly. For a while, we had a spiral bound notebook that we would write in and pass it back and forth. It helped for a time but only from communication standpoint rather than from a therapeutic. The app you are describing sounds similar to an apps still in development that competes in the mental health space but tailored for couples; a friend of mine is the founder of one of them.

I personally journal a lot which helps me reflect and assess as well as weekly communications with a therapist in a passive manner (short phone conversations, messaging) to accommodate the lack of time and keep me engaged. The service I use is betterhelp.com and I just noticed that they have expanded their services to couples as well as children. It might be something for the both of you to look into.... I think it is important to have a real therapist involved in such ventures even in a passive manner. At least for us, it isn't a pure communication/assessment exercise that was effective but the lack of addressing the underlying issues. Often those issues can only be assessed objectively by a therapist.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:16 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Hmmm.....why do I think this seems a little scammish or researching/promoting a new app?

If I've "brawled" with my partner, I don't need a reminder. And setting "bad" relationship for a day? Why? That's living in the past. In a good relationship one understands that there are disagreements and disappointments. Couples work through it, learn from it, and move on. They don't dwell on it.

I internally know where my relationship is. When I don't, I check in with my partner. I don't need statistics to tell me how I feel or should feel.

I'd suggest that the people thinking about this app need to learn A LOT more about relationships.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:17 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
My husband and I both play the NYTimes crossword together. It gives us something objective to discuss that has nothing to do with our relationship or housework. We can play side by side or remotely in our down time. Seems healthy.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:45 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by validnot View Post
Hi! Do you use any relationship app for couples?
I have seen a lot of them, but they aimed for private messaging, setting special dates, providing quizzes to know each other better, that's all.
I with my girlfriend needed some other app where we could track our relationship problems - write them and keep eyes on problems (e.g. I did't help my partner to clean a house; am I helping her now? Is this problem diminished or we should talk about it again?).
Also, would be great to track relationship atmosphere like a daily mood: did we brawl on the previous week? If so, then we can set "bad" relationship for that day and so on. Then, the app will show us statistics in charts (average relationship atmosphere for the previous month, week), thus we could analyze and understand where we're going.

What do you think? Will it be useful for you? What else would be great to have?

An app to track relationship atmosphere like a daily mood: did we brawl on the previous week?

No!

Old 01-16-2020, 06:50 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
I thought this was going to be a thread about swinging.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:56 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
That sounds like way too much work. I can't imagine anyone being interested in this type of app.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
That sounds like way too much work. I can't imagine anyone being interested in this type of app.
What type of work do you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships