Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 06:35 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
The frozen egg route is certainly no slam dunk. I can see why people do this when, say, facing chemotherapy or some other serious even before having children. It's like having money in the bank, except the stats on frozen egg success vary wildly. It's hardly a plan for late-life parenthood.
I never said freezing eggs was a guarantee, I work in healthcare so I’m very well aware of all the statistics regarding the success rate. And when you go through the process of you go to reputable place are informed of everything it entails. Mentioning the egg freezing was a side bar, and they would only be used if I was unsuccessful trying on my own with a partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Not really. I had a dad and he sucked, he beat me all the time as a kid. The best thing that ever happened to me was the day he died. So sometimes a kid is better off without a dad. No dad is better than a bad dad.
I’m sorry this happened to you, but I don’t think it makes for a good argument to avoid having a father for your child. I had a great dad and would like the same for my child if I’m able to.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:03 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
If we got married I would want to sign a prenup as I’m pretty well off myself and own a number of properties. I think I maybe mentioned this once before only to clarify that money isn’t really an issue for either one of us.
Frozen embryos and well to do financially - why don't you just have a child and not try to find a reluctant father figure?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-18-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Frozen embryos and well to do financially - why don't you just have a child and not try to find a reluctant father figure?
I have frozen eggs, not embryos

Old 01-18-2020, 07:17 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
I have frozen eggs, not embryos
I stand corrected, my apologies.

But this changes the point I was making how? You can buy sperm, have it donated, or whatever.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-18-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I stand corrected, my apologies.

But this changes the point I was making how? You can buy sperm, have it donated, or whatever.
I would rather have the father in the picture

Old 01-18-2020, 09:28 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
I would rather have the father in the picture
And so would his other baby mama, be prepared to share. Sharing means don’t expect 100% from a guy with primary obligations already in place.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
I never said freezing eggs was a guarantee, I work in healthcare so I’m very well aware of all the statistics regarding the success rate. And when you go through the process of you go to reputable place are informed of everything it entails. Mentioning the egg freezing was a side bar, and they would only be used if I was unsuccessful trying on my own with a partner.
I also worked in healthcare in leading medical centers in Boston and was very aware of the whole fertility issue and current studies, etc. I didn't know that everyone reading it would be the same.

I'm outta here now.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:38 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,784 times
You two do not have common goals. He is a risky investment. I'd notify him asap that given your different feelings about wanting a child, you must pull back from any type of exclusivity agreement you have with him. Start dating other men. Lots of men. Get yourself back "out there" pronto, and never ever become exclusive with a man who doesn't share your values and goals.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:11 AM

230 posts, read 114,961 times
I'm sorry but I'm sure it's going to be hard to find a man to date who won't feel like a sperm donor on the first date. It's really hard to find a good guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships