Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 08:18 PM

609 posts, read 264,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
Spot on.
Many self-described feminists believe they're deserving of equality when it comes to jobs and pay, but they won't lift a finger to do anything on their own. This is especially true in relationships.
They expect men to be their money tree, pay for dates and almost everything else.
They expect men to get down on 1 knee and do the proposing.
They expect men to be hold open doors for them.
They expect a man to be their fix-it person when they need repairs done, especially car repairs.
If they really believe in equality, they will pay their own way and learn basic mechanics so they can repair things themselves.
Equality isn't a garden of flowers and it isn't free.

Its true a some men have a hard time dating if they refuse to pay and women are within their rights to refuse to date those men. That's what equality is all about. Women can make their own choices. WE are free to reject any man that we want to. And it feels great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 05:51 PM

101 posts, read 49,568 times
Men do you judge women on looks with first meetings?

Less than I used to.

My physical "type" encompasses a greater range than it once did and am more willing to go outside this range when other things are considered besides looks.

However, in any possible short range to long range relationship I have become less forgiving with the personality and tendencies/habits. Certain things I now find annoying that I might have put up with or didn't bother me as much at a younger age.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:42 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
What does this have to do with judging on looks on the first meeting?

The amount of bitterness here.... sheesh.
And he blames all those qualities on "feminists." I'd venture to guess that the women who expect or demand those rather traditional behaviors from men are not the women who'd tend to describe themselves as feminists.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:46 PM

102 posts, read 46,431 times
So women don’t judge men on looks?

Old 02-23-2020, 07:54 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyupsidedown19 View Post
So women don’t judge men on looks?
They tend to give character and personality more weight. Of course that varies; superficiality comes in both genders. But generally speaking, women have to give intangible qualities more importance, because they're more vulnerable. They need to judge whether a guy is safe to be with, whether he's stable, and for dating--is he considerate, interesting, thoughtful, etc.

This is why you see some women commenting, that they like a guy who makes them laugh, they like a warm smile on a guy, intelligence, thoughtfulness, etc.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Are you sure? I’d like to hear from more women that looks matter much less to them.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:04 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyupsidedown19 View Post
Are you sure? I’d like to hear from more women that looks matter much less to them.
I think it matters less as they get older. 25 and under they definitely matter

Old 02-23-2020, 08:04 PM

529 posts, read 508,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They tend to give character and personality more weight. Of course that varies; superficiality comes in both genders. But generally speaking, women have to give intangible qualities more importance, because they're more vulnerable. They need to judge whether a guy is safe to be with, whether he's stable, and for dating--is he considerate, interesting, thoughtful, etc.

This is why you see some women commenting, that they like a guy who makes them laugh, they like a warm smile on a guy, intelligence, thoughtfulness, etc.
Women over 30 are more like that However, I'd say under a certain age that women and men both base who they're wiling to date intially on sexual attraction. If it's not there, it means they'll pass over a guy who makes them laugh, or has a smile as warm as a volcanic eruption. That's just pheromones and evolution at work. No amount of equality is going to change that. Of course, if the American population keeps getting fatter on average like it does, I guess standards will distort to suit the new norm.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:10 PM

161 & 162 make more sense to me.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Very true !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships