Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 09:47 PM

17 posts, read 5,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Your friend had movers she liked.

Why did you insert yourself and your ex into the situation?
She did not find movers she “liked” I said she found movers. I never said he was my ex at that time. He is now though. I referred him bc I assumed he could be a great fit for the job, because he had moved furniture out of my home for me in the past, with the help of a colleague and did so swiftly and professionally. We were not speaking but did think he could still be considered for business if it can help another person

Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,271,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loreli_1110 View Post
Unfortunately I didn’t get them. He became hostile when he found out I came to the job for the boxes. In retrospect, I assume he was angry that I stumbled upon him having upcharged me for the boxes he did get (which he claimed were on another driver’s truck)
So you paid for boxes you never got?

Old 01-28-2020, 02:26 AM

61,402 posts, read 86,335,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Not me. I don't try to make a sneaky profit off of my friends or relatives. That's not classy at all.
Well, we don't know if OP asked her BF to make a special offer for her friend. She perhaps only assumed that he would give her some break along with some freebies.
But since they aren't BF/GF anymore - he most likely took advantage of the job opportunity and charged the full (maybe even bloated) price without any perks.

OP's friend should call around to get the best moving offer and check on the prices offered by others.
The $3200 seems to be a bit high, but we don't know the details and the distance.

If money was tight, they should consider at least own boxes (free from stores) and own packing of smaller stuff (dishes, books, clothes etc.). Some money could be saved...

Old 01-28-2020, 02:32 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,593,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvlibvl View Post
My bf and I were not on good terms and had put distance between one another.

Newsflash..... most guys (85%) act like jerks after you breakup with them. In the future, be prepared for that, take precaution and protect yourself.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So you paid for boxes you never got?
No I haven’t, and this incident was a week ago. I did ask several times and visited the job again and all he did was pretend as though he was fired from the job he worked at to avoid giving me the money back soon.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:27 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,538,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Maybe I am cheap, but that seems like a lot of money to move furniture to a storage. Regarding the boxes, he is not your b/f now, so he obviously didn't care about your money or about you. Is he an ex or were you all trying to work on the relationship?
reading between the lines, this seems to be a on-again-off-again and this box episode will just be a new dramatical chapter. the reason why she dont just ask the (ex-)boyfriend straight up is because its more boring that way.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:30 AM

1,350 posts, read 812,441 times
Quote:
Unfortunately I didn’t get them. He became hostile when he found out I came to the job for the boxes. In retrospect, I assume he was angry that I stumbled upon him having upcharged me for the boxes he did get (which he claimed were on another driver’s truck)
Yes, it did seem like he didn't like that you caught him. Why should he be hostile at all that you went to his work for boxes? His money making plan backfired on him, I guess...

Is the move done... and so what's the status of you and your boyfriend now?

Old 01-28-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
Yes, it did seem like he didn't like that you caught him. Why should he be hostile at all that you went to his work for boxes? His money making plan backfired on him, I guess...

Is the move done... and so what's the status of you and your boyfriend now?
Exactly! He was extremely belligerent once his coworkers let him I had come by for the boxes, and found out the real deal.

Unfortunately, once that happened because he started threatening me and so forth, I helped my friend find professional movers elsewhere. Not to mention, I quickly learned his pretentious, self-inflating Aunt worked there in an administrative role, because she approached me of the situation. She became privy and intercepted the situation, I’m assuming to avoid any backlash to my now ex boyfriend.

The status of him and I is inexistent. I asked that he please return the money and thankfully after many attempts he agreed to give it back today. So I’m grateful. I dodged a bullet

Old 01-28-2020, 05:39 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,538,638 times
seems like he has moved on and was trying to be petty and vindictive towards the (ex-)girifriend.
seems like she was deluding herself that the relationship was still on.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:47 AM

1,185 posts, read 743,811 times
Quote:
I didn’t get the new boxes. I only got some* used boxes and when I asked for the new ones he got flippant that I came to the job to begin with.
As he should. You’re a demanding bee. He wasn’t your BF at the time, and it wasn’t even your move.

I would have told you to eff all the way off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships