Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 03:50 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

haha I walked past my bf and saw an interesting text. I thought it was about me and made a comment. He's so sweet he was all no here, look, it's about my friend's gf, and then showed me the whole text.

To me, THAT is normal behavior. Nothing to hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 11:37 AM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
I never ask and don't care at all. That would drive me crazy to have someone constantly asking who are you texting what are you doing etc.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:01 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
I never ask and don't care at all. That would drive me crazy to have someone constantly asking who are you texting what are you doing etc.

IMO...you shouldn't have to ask & it's not a thing if it just flows organically. If it's a text my fiance has to answer for work.......& we are out or watching a movie........he will offer it up in our conversation naturally & apologize to me that we got interrupted. I will do the same for him.........it's my friend "so & so" ....I'll tell her I will call her tomorrow....as I'm texting her back. We don't ask & it just comes up naturally when we get interrupted by a text in the middle of doing something together ......

Old 02-04-2020, 12:15 PM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I'm a fairly private person. I don't like people looking through things like texts or Facebook messages. If I want you to see it, I'll show you.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:19 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,679 times
My GF and I have different communication styles when it comes to social media/texting, etc.

It's perfectly normal for us to wake up some mornings and grab our phones off the nightstands. She does the Insta/Facebook thing (I don't have those). I'll check emails and a few group texts. We laugh about some of the stuff, rolleyes at the rest. 15 minutes later, we either get out of bed or we don't...

Dinner/Cuddle times are absolute no go's with the phones, they go on the kitchen station with the kid's phone and stay there until bed time.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Basically zero cognizance of the socials. I’m basically not even involved with social media; she uses it just to be around family. It’s a non-issue. Though technically we are millennials, being born in the mid-80s, we also know how it was pre-internet. Phones, socials, and the internet as a whole are luxuries and tools, not a fact of life.

Old 02-05-2020, 07:36 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
I'm a real private person. I could be looking up garden tools on my phone and still wouldn't want to show it to anyone.

With that said, I don't have any real concern what my wife is texting or doing on social media. Likewise, she doesn't care about what I do. She never looks, or asks, and I don't ask her.

My wife and I aren't one to make FB a journal of our everyday lives. I haven't made a post in a year or so, even though I use FB daily. I also maintain an IG page about on of my hobbies with 10K followers. Wife checks it out from time to time, but generally ribs me that so many people follow me for what she think is a silly reason. I sometimes show her some of the silly messages I get just for a laugh.

I hit the lottery with my wife. I need nothing from anyone else. She has nothing to worry about so I don't play the jealous type needing to know what she is doing 24-7. Likewise, I wouldn't have married her if she was always wanting to know who I was talking to.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:18 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

I hit the lottery with my wife. I need nothing from anyone else. She has nothing to worry about so I don't play the jealous type needing to know what she is doing 24-7. Likewise, I wouldn't have married her if she was always wanting to know who I was talking to.

Ita.....this is how I feel about my fiance. I feel so lucky.......but he should feel lucky too....

If couples are that conscious of texting or jealous or it's some kinda thing.......IMO they probably shouldn't be together.............trust & being open with each other is what makes a relationship......

Old 02-05-2020, 10:44 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm a real private person. I could be looking up garden tools on my phone and still wouldn't want to show it to anyone.

With that said, I don't have any real concern what my wife is texting or doing on social media. Likewise, she doesn't care about what I do. She never looks, or asks, and I don't ask her.

My wife and I aren't one to make FB a journal of our everyday lives. I haven't made a post in a year or so, even though I use FB daily. I also maintain an IG page about on of my hobbies with 10K followers. Wife checks it out from time to time, but generally ribs me that so many people follow me for what she think is a silly reason. I sometimes show her some of the silly messages I get just for a laugh.

Grownup behavior and no dramatics. Excellent! This was a nice post to read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships