Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 05:29 AM

909 posts, read 545,265 times

Advertisements

This goes for other cities also. New York City is a megacity. With over a million people. Mega means a million. I live in Georgia and I enjoy getting out. I drive trucks for a living. The city of Atlanta is considered an international city because of the Olympics. The population of metropolitan Atlanta exceeds over five million people. The city of Atlanta population is over half a million. Though the city swells everyday to over a million people. Then people go back to their dwelling places. Any city with over a quarter million to under one million people is considered to be a big city. I live in a mid-sized city which anyplace of over 100,000 to less than a quarter million.
https://www.sparefoot.com/self-stora...online-dating/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 05:36 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
wtf?

Old 02-02-2020, 09:52 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
That's nice, OP. Maybe you haven't spent much time on this sub-forum since joining C-D in 2014, but all of those things are strategies/venues we routinely suggest to people; mostly the guys. Including the pooch-power one. And you'd be surprised how many of them reject them. It's weird. Also seems to be a generational thing; some guys around 30 and under are convinced that OLD is the only way to go, even though their odds of success would be better following some of the given strategies.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:32 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
All great ideas. (Trigger warning) Personally I think OLD is for lames and weirdos, so it's always good to encourage people to get offline and get out into the real world.

Old 02-02-2020, 01:08 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
All great ideas. (Trigger warning) Personally I think OLD is for lames and weirdos, so it's always good to encourage people to get offline and get out into the real world.
I second that.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:00 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Counterpoint: had a dinner date last night with a woman who lives in the town just north of me. We talked about OLD and she found it refreshing that after two or three Tinder messages I suggested that we just meet for dinner. My point is, we agreed we would never have met in the real world, even if crossing each other's paths we would have assumed the other was not available.

With OLD it is a head start, the people behind the profiles you see are at least available, looking, and open to the possibility of meeting someone. Contrast with someone you see at a bar or out walking their dog, where it is more likely than not they are married, engaged, in a relationship, recovering from break-up, planning to move soon, etc.

As for me being lame and a weirdo, I'll let you decide for yourself …

Old 02-02-2020, 03:28 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post

As for me being lame and a weirdo, I'll let you decide for yourself …
I don't think you're either, Sam.

Guess I saw the point about importance of getting out and meeting people in person and really agreed with that. The lame and weirdo statement is a little over the top, though.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:54 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Counterpoint: had a dinner date last night with a woman who lives in the town just north of me. We talked about OLD and she found it refreshing that after two or three Tinder messages I suggested that we just meet for dinner. My point is, we agreed we would never have met in the real world, even if crossing each other's paths we would have assumed the other was not available.

With OLD it is a head start, the people behind the profiles you see are at least available, looking, and open to the possibility of meeting someone. Contrast with someone you see at a bar or out walking their dog, where it is more likely than not they are married, engaged, in a relationship, recovering from break-up, planning to move soon, etc.

As for me being lame and a weirdo, I'll let you decide for yourself
…
Aww, I don't think that about you!

I know it works for many people, & I think that's great, honestly. I'm all for a positive outcome.

( It's just after reading this forum for so many years, it seems like every OLD fail is posted here ..lol )

Old 02-02-2020, 06:11 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Q. How do you eat an elephant?

A. One bite at a time.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:32 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
This is what I've said for a long time too. A lot of people are tired of trying to meet someone in the produce aisie at the grocery store. And they can't date people they work with because of corporate policies.

They have much better odds going online and having access to literally hundreds of profiles of potential dates - people who, like them, are available and looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships