Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 09:05 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,012,857 times

Advertisements

Heck, ask her out. Don't apologize about it, man up, and ask the girl if she'd like to go on a date. She'll say "oh, thanks...I have a boyfriend" ... if she says "Uh, sure, that'd be awesome" then you know that she wasn't all that into the boyfriend anyway, and it was likely doomed...or, you'll that she doesn't respect relationships a whole lot, and you'll have quite something on your hands in the future. Either way, you either go for it, or you don't. And there's really no difference.

I mean - what's your other option...hang around and wait for her and her boyfriend to breakup, lol...Yea, that doesn't work. I've personally known numerous folks who've broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend when a more "suitable" person shows interest.

Same time - I wouldn't go plotting ways to get them to break up...that's some shady sh*t right there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancined View Post
It's not about asking her out, it's about convincing her to dump her current boyfriend.
Really???
Seriously???

Old 02-06-2020, 08:15 AM

146 posts, read 118,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
She may want to dump her current boyfriend and go out with you, or she may not. But she owes you nothing. Why would you even think such a thing?
I'm just saying that she should've been more patient than move on to another guy. I was working up to asking her out.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:22 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Oh for chrissakes. Grow up, bud. What, are you in 10th grade or something?

Turn off the rom-com channel; put down the remote, step away from the TV.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:23 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,384,627 times
OP, I have a real problem with you saying "she owes you" and "she should have been". I don't know what your issue is but you need to learn some lessons on boundaries and what's appropriate/not appropriate before you date anyone.

Is this the same girl you've been posting about and cyberstalking since September 2018?

Old 02-06-2020, 08:23 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
There's this girl at work whom I've liked since about September. I've been meaning to ask her out since then, but today I found out that she had a boyfriend. And not only that, but they had just recently started dating back in December.

The main reasons for not asking her out when I first started to like her were that I'm really nervous of rejection and that I also wanted to find out for sure that she was single before asking her out. I had a few months to ask her out, but I instead spent it on her social media trying to figure out whether or not she had a boyfriend.

A mutual friend told me that my crush did like me and was hoping that I would ask her out, but she eventually moved onto her current boyfriend. Now I'm thinking of contacting her and asking her to give me another chance. I'd be asking her to dump her current boyfriend, but I feel like she owes me a chance since she liked me first and I was planning on asking her out. What do you think I should do?
Move it along. You don't convince anyone to break up with anyone just because you like that person. You had your shot, and you let it go. Someone else took the spot. You live, you learn. Take that lesson and move to the next person you meet that catches your interest. She doesn't owe you a thing. You should've taken the initiative and asked her out. This is on YOU!

Old 02-06-2020, 08:24 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,241 times
Quote:
but I feel like she owes me a chance since she liked me first and I was planning on asking her out.
Man, she owes you nothing.

Quote:
What do you think I should do?
Move on.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You’re afraid of rejection, yet you want to ask out someone who is already taken. Self fulfilling prophecy?

Quote:
It's not about asking her out, it's about convincing her to dump her current boyfriend.

That's actually worse. That also makes you look bad in her eyes. She'll definitely lose any bit of interest she has left in you if you try that.

Edit: Don't know why the forum decided to quote the wrong post, but I corrected it.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 02-06-2020 at 09:01 AM..

Old 02-06-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I'm just saying that she should've been more patient than move on to another guy. I was working up to asking her out.
She should've been?

Old 02-06-2020, 08:54 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Hey OP, do you like your teeth? 'Cause you're on track to be missing some, if the boyfriend finds out about your stalking his new girlfriend.

Move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships