Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 06:40 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

This video presents the pros and cons of every scenario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHTNrFe5l2k

Old 02-06-2020, 06:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Who is this doof, and why should we watch him? Could you summarize his message? He's too boring for me to tolerate for the entire 7+ minutes.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
I guess another guru trying to put a formula where it doesn't fit.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:56 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who is this doof, and why should we watch him? Could you summarize his message? He's too boring for me to tolerate for the entire 7+ minutes.

Has nearly two million youtube subscribers, wrote a best selling book, many magazine articles about him, had a radio show, TV appearances, travels around the world giving seminars to women about men.

The introductory video explains his business now. He is a motivational speaker on more than just dating.

Matthew Hussey -

Old 02-06-2020, 06:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Has nearly two million youtube subscribers, wrote a best selling book, many magazine articles about him, had a radio show, TV appearances, travels around the world giving seminars to women about men.

Matthew Hussey -
He's done all that, but you can't summarize his message in the video you chose?

Old 02-06-2020, 09:49 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
When you're ready and not one second earlier. Oh, and don't have sex with people who take seriously videos like this.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:49 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
On Sunday, ok, that’s the only right answer because that’s when I’m going to. Now what does a video about the various meanings and ways to use the “F word” starring Joe Rogan have to do with anything? Probably not right for this PG forum. Mod note: True, which is why the post has been deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2020 at 09:17 AM..

Old 02-07-2020, 06:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
When you're ready and not one second earlier. Oh, and don't have sex with people who take seriously videos like this.
Yeah. If they breed, it weakens the gene pool.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

Bolded for truth.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Man, having watched these two videos, I can't help but feel depressed on several levels that:

1) That people actually think this way.

2) That people actually buy into this weird, mechanistic approach to relationships. It's not an XBox controller where all you have to do is hit the right combination of buttons.

3) That people actually have to resort to watching videos like this in the first place.

Holy smokes. Establishing healthy and rewarding relationships is incredibly easy, I swear. All it takes is a handful of basic principles.

1) Respect yourself emotionally and physically. That means taking care of your heart, body, and mind. Because if you don't respect yourself, how can you expect respect from others? A corollary to that is to continually grow as a person. For example, have you read a book since leaving college? Are you open to new things, new pursuits? If not, don't expect other people to find you interesting. It also means shaking off whatever neurotic crap you're hoarding because of what happened to you in your past. Just leave it behind. Oh, and that also means thinking in a positive manner.

2) Treat every single person you encounter as a potential friend first, not a potential lover. Treat that person as an individual with thoughts, goals, dreams, and fears. This is especially true of some guys on here who lock on their targeting radar the instant an attractive woman comes into view. Just yesterday, I was reading some ridiculous post by a guy who mooned over some woman from a distance for months, did nothing, and then was bitter because she began dating someone else. It never occurred to this poor schlub that there's an intermediate step to the process, known as "talking to her." Instead of treating the woman as some fertility goddess, the tongue-tied guy should have simply strolled up, said "Hello," and gotten to know her.

3) Learn to read the signs. In ways large and small, a person will communicate whether or not he/she is interested in furthering the conversation. If you don't get squat, move on. He's not returning your calls or texts because he's too busy at work? You are not a priority in his life. Getting another date with her requires the kind of delicate negotiations one normally finds in arms reduction talks? You are not a priority in her life. Move on.

4) Trust is the fundamental element of any successful relationship, so you need to observe who they are as a person. Anybody can spew self-justifying baloney. Your job is to see if the person's actual life comports with that person's narrative, if they can be trusted in ways large and small. If that person's life is a mess--if they are constantly having job, financial, friendship, and family drama--and it's NEVER THEIR FAULT, walk. If that person lies to you or is dishonest in any way, walk. If that person does not make you feel good about yourself as a person, walk. And, most of all, if a person abuses your mentally or physically, walk.

I was on the fence with one woman. She literally could not be on time if her life depended on it. We're not talking 5-10 minutes late. We're talking 45-60 minutes late. Movies. Dinners. Whatever. I broke it off with her and she was shocked that I did it. Why? Because she didn't respect me enough to actually show up on time, and I couldn't trust her enough to be considerate of me and my time. See how it works?

5) Be giving of yourself. Relationships require both members to give up part of themselves to be part of something larger. That doesn't mean you play the role as doormat. But way too many people are concerned with what they get out of a relationship and never consider what they should put into the damned thing.

6) Don't be an idiot. Don't say or do stupid things. Count to ten if something makes you mad rather than shoot from the hip. Unfortunately, after reading this forum for a while, this seems to be the hardest thing of all.

There. That's it. No elaborate theories. Courage is the foundation of happiness. If you don't have the courage to both take risks and to walk away when it's not right, then you deserve all the heartache and loneliness you get. Everything else is just empty palaver.

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 02-07-2020 at 08:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships