Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Also, for what it's worth, I don't do my internet snooping out of any thought that I'm being lied to or tricked, or to prevent any kind of bad thing. I tend to be able to tell after meeting someone if they're feeding me lies or if there's a weird vibe to them. I've had partners where I could tell they were not being honest or forthcoming with me. There are even areas of privacy with a good relationship (such as what I feel I've got now) where I can get a sense that there's something he'd rather not share, and I respect it and back off. Hell, I have my own closet-skeletons, I guess, but the thing is...people don't usually share that kind of thing on the internet, unless they are stupid.

So I'm not looking for dirt. I'm just looking because I'm interested in a person, so I would like more information. "Why yes, sir, I WOULD like to see the brochure! Thank you!" lol

Thing about the "dirt" is that I've found that when I can sense that someone is lying, very often, nearly always, if I'm patient, they will give themselves away with no detective work needed on my part. Every guy who was trying to cheat on his wife, I believe, came out and told me so before we got anywhere near intimacy. Secrets are hard to keep, they're heavy, they feel bad to carry around. People tell on themselves, usually.

So I won't pretend to justify my "research" by saying I'm trying to keep myself safe. Nope. I'm just nosy! lol

Old 02-11-2020, 10:55 AM

1,260 posts, read 943,932 times
I social media search but at very high level. I do it more as I am curious to see if they know anyone that I do. Aside from that I normally don't care to see what else they have.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post

Maybe he is working up the courage -- a lot of men can be pretty dense and slow about that, even if they know there is interest. Just don't sell yourself short by assuming he is out of your league.
It's not so much that he's "out of her league" as it is the fact that she found out he's 12 years younger than she is, only 30.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:31 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not so much that he's "out of her league" as it is the fact that she found out he's 12 years younger than she is, only 30.
I seem to recall a thread not long ago made by a 25 year old woman who wanted to date a 50 year old man and you seemed fine with that.

Is it different if the woman is older?

Im not being combative. I really want to know if there is a difference.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I seem to recall a thread not long ago made by a 25 year old woman who wanted to date a 50 year old man and you seemed fine with that.

Is it different if the woman is older?

Im not being combative. I really want to know if there is a difference.
Just inserting some reality into this thread.

YOU are the one who said you couldn't "in good conscience" date him because of that age difference. I figured some people who are replying aren't aware of that.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Just inserting some reality into this thread.

YOU are the one who said you couldn't "in good conscience" date him because of that age difference. I figured some people who are replying aren't aware of that.
Maybe I was hasty. It would be up to him if he were all right with that or not. And he is of sound mind so able to choose himself. He's very smart and careful with his life choices so if it came to that I dont think he would act on impulse or give in to pressure.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe I was hasty. It would be up to him if he were all right with that or not. And he is of sound mind so able to choose himself. He's very smart and careful with his life choices so if it came to that I dont think he would act on impulse or give in to pressure.
So I see your attempt to control your obsessive thoughts isn’t going well

Old 02-11-2020, 02:10 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Ok, so does he know you are in your 40's, single and "on the hunt" ?

Old 02-11-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So I see your attempt to control your obsessive thoughts isn’t going well
I beg to differ. I just came on here to reply to posts that were made, including yours. My off forum life is going great now, including my health.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Ok, so does he know you are in your 40's, single and "on the hunt" ?
I dont know what he knows about me, unless he snooped too, then he probably knows a lot.

Im not on the hunt though. I just happened to meet a guy I like. It wasnt a plan. (I dont do any kind of on line dating nor go to bars to try to meet people.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships