Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 06:03 PM

1,350 posts, read 817,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brz85 View Post

To the other poster you're right. I need to slow my roll.
How are you going to explain her maybe not staying the whole weekend, after you already suggested it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 06:15 PM

92 posts, read 40,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil_fields View Post
How are you going to explain her maybe not staying the whole weekend, after you already suggested it?
She hasn't even said for sure if she is staying Saturday night. She wants to see how Friday goes and told me she wouldn't be offended if I didn't want her to stay at all. If I change my mind about Saturday then I really don't think it will be a big deal. If she makes it out to be then I know it's probably good that she isn't staying.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:50 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,667,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Hm, she seems to have her ducks in a row. To me it looks like she recovered well: Getting her education in order, she is active, she is honest. She served her country and maybe still has PTSD, may be the reason of her breakdown. Not unusual at all and it is not recent.

I would believe her at this point.
And with possible PTSD, the question is can YOU deal with someone with it? Some can, some can't. You are the only one that can answer that question.

Old 02-11-2020, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
And with possible PTSD, the question is can YOU deal with someone with it? Some can, some can't. You are the only one that can answer that question.
I have no idea since I've never dated anyone with PTSD. She went into the military right after high school which would have been from 2004-2012. Sure a lot had to happen within that time span. She said her parents are great and have said nothing but good things about them so I'm assuming the reason for her interest in domestic violence and wanting to help people is because of one of her exes possibly.

I don't know yet. Still a lot to learn.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:15 AM

11,393 posts, read 24,430,969 times
PTSD can be a lifelong condition. Another reason to take your time.

Women in the military are frequently assaulted and harassed by men. Combine that with whatever she may have experienced while serving.

Do some reading. Know what you’re getting yourself into. Note: the VA offers platitudes and meds but not much more.

Last edited by ellie; 02-11-2020 at 05:30 AM..

Old 02-11-2020, 08:24 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,161,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz85 View Post
She hasn't even said for sure if she is staying Saturday night. She wants to see how Friday goes and told me she wouldn't be offended if I didn't want her to stay at all. If I change my mind about Saturday then I really don't think it will be a big deal. If she makes it out to be then I know it's probably good that she isn't staying.
No, no, no. Have a conversation with her where you tell her that Saturday is a no go. Tell her your excitement over seeing her again caused you to move a little too fast and that you think it's best if you guys just do hockey, the sleepover Friday, and a Saturday run followed by breakfast. SLOW YOUR ROLL means slow your roll.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:28 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,153,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
She destroyed relationships with father(s) of those kids already in spite the best interests of her kids demanding a father around.
Wow. It is 2020, and there are still people around who think this way.

Just wow. Carry on, folks.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
Wow. It is 2020, and there are still people around who think this way.

Just wow. Carry on, folks.
I don't even know where he got the idea that the kids were demanding the father to be around. The son's father left her when they moved down here and only sees him once a year. She says he doesn't make much effort to see him anymore than that.

She gets her daughter a few times a year and stays in contact with her daily.

So many people up here don't even read what has been wrote and just throw assumptions around.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,153,175 times
OP is being just a little bit disingenuous here, though. The story has evolved.

At first it was "She's staying over Friday night and possibly Saturday, because [reasons on HER end]". Followed with a "A little fast for me, but...," which very much implies that she was the one pushing for this sleepover.

People have reacted to this as if it's another red flag that she's moving too fast. People have based their judgments of her on this.

But later, you admit that it was YOU who asked her to stay Friday night, saying "You don't want to drive an hour back home, do you?" It was YOU who in fact asked her to stay the whole weekend.

You also say you've been on a "dry spell" for a while, in response to those suggesting you not sleep with her this weekend.

I think you're gathering of list of reasons why you should end it with her--but only AFTER your weekend romp. I think you're going to do whatever you can to get her in your bed Friday night, no matter what anyone here says. After that it's "Welp, look at all those red flags" city. I'm not saying you're a terrible, scheming person, but I think you might be letting Little Brz do the thinking here.

I ask of my fellow forum members: who should be wary of whom?

Old 02-11-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
OP is being just a little bit disingenuous here, though. The story has evolved.

At first it was "She's staying over Friday night and possibly Saturday, because [reasons on HER end]". Followed with a "A little fast for me, but...," which very much implies that she was the one pushing for this sleepover.

People have reacted to this as if it's another red flag that she's moving too fast. People have based their judgments of her on this.

But later, you admit that it was YOU who asked her to stay Friday night, saying "You don't want to drive an hour back home, do you?" It was YOU who in fact asked her to stay the whole weekend.

You also say you've been on a "dry spell" for a while, in response to those suggesting you not sleep with her this weekend.

I think you're gathering of list of reasons why you should end it with her--but only AFTER your weekend romp. I think you're going to do whatever you can to get her in your bed Friday night, no matter what anyone here says. After that it's "Welp, look at all those red flags" city. I'm not saying you're a terrible, scheming person, but I think you might be letting Little Brz do the thinking here.

I ask of my fellow forum members: who should be wary of whom?
I'm trying to get opinions on these "possible" red flags since I do like this girl so far. If I didn't like her I wouldn't be up here asking.

After we had established her staying Friday night she told me later that her parents were wanting to keep her son the rest of the weekend due to them not having seen him since around Christmas time. Then it was established we would get up in the morning to run and I told her she was welcome to stay Saturday night as well if she wanted. She seemed interested in doing so but came back and said let's see how Friday goes and go from there. I'm 90% sure she will stay Saturday.

I have not said we were for sure having sex. I've gone without it for a few months now. I can wait.

To be completely honest if anything I bet she would be the one to initiate it. I went in for a kiss and she pulled me back in and for a make out session. From what I've seen so far she likes me and the last thing I want to do his hurt someones feelings because I know exactly how it feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships