Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 10:42 AM

42,665 posts, read 17,872,014 times

Advertisements

Sounds way too needy for validation from others and impatient as well.

I'm not a big fan of texting as a means of small talk or chat. I use the phone instead and save texting for things like "I'm running late" and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 10:43 AM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
He’s putting her needs on a pedestal way too early on in the relationship then. This early on its more of an interview process to figure out if there is chemistry and capability, not about fulfilling her needs.
Why people can't just act normal? Without that desperation, interviews, analyzing, anxieties and trying way too hard?
What happens when all that wears down and you learn that all that was just a big show?

Old 02-11-2020, 10:47 AM

1,260 posts, read 938,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why people can't just act normal? Without that desperation, interviews, analyzing, anxieties and trying way too hard?
What happens when all that wears down and you learn that all that was just a big show?
That's another reason why I am also careful with dating. Many time guys are just trying to "sell" their image or who they are. I like to take things very SLOW that way we can get to know each other. So when someone gets like this, it's a turn off.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:08 AM

220 posts, read 195,351 times
just talk to the guy and let him know you are not a texter and that you are interested in taking things slow. see how he responds. he's probably used to women who are big on texting/selfie etc

Old 02-11-2020, 11:14 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,207,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Idk good question why people can’t act normal. What we do know is this guy isn’t acting “normal”.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:21 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
I think one thing I forgot to mention that was a red flag, was on Saturday, he sent me a selfie that I had not asked for. I didn't see it right away, but because I didn't respond to his selfie right away, he texted me "So I take it you don't like my photo?"I responded when I finally saw it and told him it was fine I just hadn't seen it when he sent it. Mind you it had only been 10 minutes since he had sent it.

Now that I look at all of this, he does come off as really needy.
This would have been the perfect opportunity to tell him you aren’t on your phone 24/7 and that he shouldn’t read into your replies because you aren’t used to texting this much.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:44 AM

1,185 posts, read 745,422 times
Quote:
The date had already been set by the time this photo was sent. I think I just tried to go in with an open mind. I mean no one is perfect, but it was something that definitely I noted.
No harm in having an open mind - if you think it's worth it, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he's just been reacting to terrible advice.

Quote:
That's another reason why I am also careful with dating. Many time guys are just trying to "sell" their image or who they are. I like to take things very SLOW that way we can get to know each other. So when someone gets like this, it's a turn off.
This is a prime example - maybe he's been friendzoned a bunch of times and his friends (or, worse, online advice) have been telling him to be less reserved and more engaging.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:55 AM

1,260 posts, read 938,391 times
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Now that I have had some time to think I think I am just going to discontinue seeing him and cancel the date. Simple fact that I felt this way and it's only been less than a week since we first communicated, says a lot.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 AM

4,637 posts, read 4,945,167 times
Good choice. Dude sounds like a bozo.

Old 02-12-2020, 10:10 AM

669 posts, read 318,875 times
Red Flag guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships