Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 08:32 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Nobody has suggested that he should "pursue" her. I've suggested that he shouldn't give up hope at this point. There's a big difference.
Okay...

Then...

Specifically how should he act around her then considering she is dating another guy?

Specifically how should he be dealing with his feeling while he is around her knowing she is dating another guy?

Specifically what should he be doing while "waiting" for this relationship with the 2 of them to happen?

How long should he "wait" for this relationship with the 2 of them to happen?

Specifically how should he be dealing with his thoughts and feelings while "waiting" for this relationship to happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 09:14 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Nobody has suggested that he should "pursue" her. I've suggested that he shouldn't give up hope at this point. There's a big difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Okay...

Then...

Specifically how should he act around her then considering she is dating another guy?

Specifically how should he be dealing with his feeling while he is around her knowing she is dating another guy?

Specifically what should he be doing while "waiting" for this relationship with the 2 of them to happen?

How long should he "wait" for this relationship with the 2 of them to happen?

Specifically how should he be dealing with his thoughts and feelings while "waiting" for this relationship to happen?

How should he act around her? Normal. And, as I've said, not bitter or depressed.

Not enough info to answer your other questions.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
How should he act around her? Normal. And, as I've said, not bitter or depressed.
That is if he is able to do that.

And if he is not, then what is your answer?

Old 02-15-2020, 10:58 AM

146 posts, read 118,725 times
Can we officially lock this thread? I'm tired of seeing these two idiots bickering.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:58 AM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
That is if he is able to do that.

And if he is not, then what is your answer?

Frankly, I have doubts that he can. That's why I've qualified my comments (and stressed the importance of that) throughout the thread.

Quote:
Look, she's not married. You probably still have a chance here if you can keep your cool. Just don't act different around her now. Meaning...don't be bitter or depressed.
Quote:
He doesn't need to do anything other than not be a jerk to her.
Quote:
IF this dude can keep his act together, he might be surprised how this turns out.
Quote:
I strongly advised him to not come across as depressed.
Quote:
I specifically said he should do nothing other than not be a jerk to her (or show any signs of depression or bitterness).
Quote:
If he can keep his emotions in check, I do think he has a chance.

Old 02-15-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Frankly, I have doubts that he can. That's why I've qualified my comments (and stressed the importance of that) throughout the thread.
Then why are you suggesting that?

Old 02-15-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancined View Post
Can we officially lock this thread? I'm tired of seeing these two idiots bickering.
Are you able to just be her friend when you are around her knowing she is dating someone else?

Old 02-15-2020, 12:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Not entertained anymore? You're the one that put yourself in this situation and posted it on a public forum. People are allowed to discuss. Tired of it? Ignore.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Not entertained anymore? You're the one that put yourself in this situation and posted it on a public forum. People are allowed to discuss. Tired of it? Ignore.
IKR

And what's with the name calling, OP?

Idiots?

You're the one who has been standing around like a (dare not say it because of community guidelines) with a woman who has made it obvious that she was into you. And you not only didn't take the initiative, but you wished her "Good luck finding someone to see it with!" Now, she has someone. Then you say things to the effect of "I feel she owes me a chance..." And you ask how to convince your crush to break up with her boyfriend? That doesn't sound particularly intelligent either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships