Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 AM

Location: A right angle directly south of Sac and east of the bay area
120 posts, read 385,755 times

Advertisements

Oh gotta love the I'd be an idiot if I thought otherwise, but I have no proof ones. I hear ya brother! The gone in Paris for a couple weeks, the hes just my ex now I dont have feelings for hims, the hes just a friends, LoL we've all been there one way or another, win some lose some nowhatimean?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
I have never cheated on anyone and I have never been cheated on (not that I know about).

Old 04-27-2008, 01:50 PM

233 posts, read 751,775 times
i know what it is like to be cheated on... i was married, and when the marriage was heading south in my eyes, she cheated on me with 4 different men 4 times. even before she cheated it was over. with the first guy had i been 20 minutes earlier, i would have caught them together, however i did catch him leaving the yard. and when i saw her, she smelled of sex, and acted like she had the time of her life. it was over before i arrived home, her cheating sealed my thoughts, of walking out.
i place on the radio for her madonna's "take a bow"
8 years later she is remarried, and i saw her on the street. she said she was still mad at me, for walking out on her (after she cheated) and she told me how happy she was with me...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:09 PM

22 posts, read 49,815 times
My ex fiancee cheated on me for 4 years. I didn't know it at the time but should have; all the signs were there. Wish you could ask him why he did it? How he justified it in his mind/heart? How did he think I deserved that? I think your question is one many, many people have or have had at some point in their life.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,671 times
Yes, after 23 years of marriage I did cheat on my wife. The odd thing is that I am VERY attracted to my wife.

Unfortunatley, I let myself go and had an affair for a month. Not worth it at all. Very sad, very tense, horrible depression on my part afterword, not to mention the betrayal of my wife. Nobody won.

I really wanted to reconnect with my wife, so to further that I was willing to sign a postnuptial.

My wife has, through inheritance, some properties. In the postnup I basically said that in the event of a divorce that they are to be considered separate properties belonging to her & that they would not be considered for division between us.

This went a long way towards letting her know I was serious about staying with her for the rest of the trip.

Lots of other things have to happen, too, but that one really helped make a point.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:08 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonathan View Post

My wife has, through inheritance, some properties. In the postnup I basically said that in the event of a divorce that they are to be considered separate properties belonging to her & that they would not be considered for division between us.
What would happen to the money if she should die suddenly and mysteriously?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
I think I got so tired reading this thread, I forgot if I gave an answer, if not here's what I ended up doing...

When my xhusband cheated on me (the first time, before we had our children), I went across the state (following the don't crap in your own backyard school of thought), and visited my mom. During that time, I picked up three very different men, one a head of the lifeguards in Ft. Lauderdale, who I slept with, one nice waiter, who wouldn't sleep with me, and then one stockbroker, who was fun at first, but after the whole "thrill of the conquest" thing wore off, I realized that, of course I was still in love with my husband, but I had to see what this "extramarital sex" was all about.

He however, was doing the nurses at the hospital (stupid doc), and the one he hooked up with (and I eventually met), had all his phone record calls, all sorts of tapes of him, and ended up stalking him....the hospital wanted nothing to do with it when she went to the Exec. Director, who pretty much laughed in her face, as, everyone knows the doctor/nurse hook up.

So we stayed together & had two children....I thought he'd stopped cheating...who knows....I found out about his nurse when my second child had just turned one and she was on her second abortion....

I told him to get rid of her or lose me.....he tried, but for whatever reason...coudn't. Then came pregnancy #3 and our divorce.

I met my xbf the day after she had her first baby with him (what kind of crazy karma)...they had guards up at the door when I came to see the baby, nothing like seeing your husband who you're married to holding a baby that's his but not yours.

I do not believe in cheating, but I do understand the thrill, because I experienced that, however, it's not my nature. I've tried many things, just to have my own opinion.

I detest cheating. If you have to cheat on your significant other, you shouldn't be in a relationship, you should be single & then you're not cheating.

When I found out my xbf was cheating/trying to cheat on me, I called both of my girlfriends in my house so I could look at his face while he got called on it....

Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
What would happen to the money if she should die suddenly and mysteriously?
Hah! I may have cheated, but I'm not THAT bad.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:25 AM

280 posts, read 1,222,068 times
"Nobody can be taken, who doesn't want to be taken"

Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Just a question, i cheated on my ex, while we were dating, [we were both very young 17,18,19], i never cheated on her, while we were married though. She later on cheated on me, which consequently, led to our divorce, funny thing, is shes always blamed it on me. I got remarried, and found peace with the whole situation, i even called her and apologized for all the "alleged" stuff she claims i used to do to her.The Funny thing is, she has never showed any remorce for what she did, im just curious, have you guys ever cheated, had an affair, and were like, "ah screw it" he/she deserved it!" Sometimes i think she never got over me cheating on her multiple times, when we were dating, what do yall think?
Have you ever heard, What goes around comes around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships