Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 02:48 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times

Advertisements

I used to work in retail for many years. I’m surprised your store even has baggers since mine has eliminated that position ages ago. There were plenty of men there who were in relationships or married. Although, most of those guys worked in grocery dept. or meat dept. where the job paid more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 03:38 PM

6,455 posts, read 3,977,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I want a kind caring woman who is as sweet as sugar to me.
And are you willing and prepared to be a kind, caring man who is sweet as sugar to the woman you're in a relationship with?

Quote:
I'd love to have a partner to split the rent with.
Are you looking for someone to split finances with, or someone to be in a romantic relationship with? The two don't have to be mutually-exclusive, but I daresay a fair number of people would consider the former to be a benefit of the latter, not the impetus to gain the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Why aren't you looking for high wage jobs? That could be a turnoff to either sex if you're not motivated.
This. I'd also like to hear more about your degree and what it's in, and then we can talk about how you might use to find a better job than as a grocery bagger, unless you have other circumstances keeping you from other jobs.

Someone might not have a problem with your salary, but could well have a problem with it if you can't support yourself. So, looking into how you might take advantage of job opportunities that will allow you to become in some fashion financially-independent will be beneficial to you and to the prospect of romantic relationships.

Quote:
This girlfriend isn't someone I love. Aspergers/autism is my only daignoses
You don't love her but you are considering continuing a relationship with her? Does she know you don't love her?

See, here are two problems I am seeing that might be part of your troubles. In the first part I quoted above, you state you want a woman who will be good to you but you don't say what you bring to the table to be good to her. It's possible it was only an oversight, but I need to bring it up because there are many men who expect a woman to be fabulous to them with nary a thought (or in the case of some, nary a care) what she will get out of the arrangement. I'm hoping that's not you, but if it is... you're going to need to change your thinking to be in a relationship.

Second problem is that from some of your other postings in this thread, I can't tell if you're looking for a relationship of affection, or just convenience (you want someone to share expenses with. You're with someone you admit you don't love. Etc.).

Neither of those things are something most people want to base a relationship on.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:39 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times
I'm willing to give love back to a woman as well.

My degree is in radio TV film.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:42 PM

6,455 posts, read 3,977,052 times
Quote:
I'm willing to give love back to a woman as well.

My degree is in radio TV film.
So is the problem that that sort of job is hard to find? Have you tried industries that are somewhat related? Or other jobs that may not require a certain degree and a ton of experience, even if they're not related?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships