Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 02:24 AM

307 posts, read 99,932 times

Advertisements

I never understood people who "give orders" in their profiles on dating sites.

Do they really think that it's attractive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 02:29 AM

307 posts, read 99,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister68 View Post
The best line of all time is "I don't have time for games, or game players, I'm ready to settle down now". This one is a killer, it roughly translates to "I've been the one playing games for years now, and I'm looking for a chump".
This is a frequent one, too:

"I want a woman with no baggage" ("baggage" meaning all sorts of things: children, previous marriages, too many responsibilities, memories of former emotional attachments, etc...).

Old 05-01-2020, 03:42 AM

212 posts, read 164,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
This is a frequent one, too:

"I want a woman with no baggage" ("baggage" meaning all sorts of things: children, previous marriages, too many responsibilities, memories of former emotional attachments, etc...).

That's a good one, along with "I don't have any baggage, neither should you"

Old 05-01-2020, 09:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Because you are declaring it to the reader, with whom you have likely never even exchanged an IM. That's not asserting a boundary; that's a passive aggressive way to vent previous frustrations on to others. And manufacturing a bit of drama of your own to boot.
Nah, it's 'No shirt, no shoes, no service!' That's all it is.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:22 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Good lines, people! Add to the list those who say you better love dogs or cats or those expressing how sophisticated they are by saying they love the theater, opera and fine dinning.

I'm not kidding, I saw that more than once when I was on those sites.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:01 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,539,774 times
"No drama" = "I come packed to bursting with drama."

"Don't waste my time" = "I am thirsty but still want you to make all the effort."

You forgot one, though, "Just ask" which means "I am too lazy to write a few sentences, but I am so wonderful that it is reasonable to expect total strangers to be so knocked out by this 10-year-old photo that they are overcome with insatiable curiosity about the magnificent being they see on the screen before them and will ask all kinds of questions about me, glorious me."

But I am not bitter, you see.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:18 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yep.

I understand why people would want to set boundaries with others to avoid "drama." But that's not what this is about. The phrase "no drama" means something different in the world of online dating and implies an ability to control life that none of us possess.

Yep.

It also means that the person who is writing it has participated in drama in the past, either as its instigator or its willing accomplice.

I've been out of the dating game for a long time. But I spend a lot of time around single people. And the ones who bandy about the word 'drama' are almost always the creators of it. Either through their own innate lack of stability or their lack of judgement, they allow drama in their lives again and again.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:36 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yep.

It also means that the person who is writing it has participated in drama in the past, either as its instigator or its willing accomplice.

I've been out of the dating game for a long time. But I spend a lot of time around single people. And the ones who bandy about the word 'drama' are almost always the creators of it. Either through their own innate lack of stability or their lack of judgement, they allow drama in their lives again and again.
Yep...like I had a local woman that was vague about what "drama" was and how "most men cant' handle her" as she's "very independent". When prompted with "What do you mean" she goes, "LOL, I'm not sure how to answer that"

This means she's the instigator of said drama.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:33 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yep...like I had a local woman that was vague about what "drama" was and how "most men cant' handle her" as she's "very independent". When prompted with "What do you mean" she goes, "LOL, I'm not sure how to answer that"

This means she's the instigator of said drama.

Drama avoidance is pretty easy.

You simply get up and say, "You know, I will not be treated in this way." And then walk away. It's so incredibly easy to do.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:52 AM
ZQY

40 posts, read 18,972 times
"No drama" and "don't waste my time" sound quite narcissistic and very different from something like "I'd like to meet someone fun and nice". I think it's better to say "I'm no drama" rather than asking from others, though probably no one would say that about themselves...

Also they could mean varied things for different people. Like my ex, "no drama" means "no disagreement and don't talk about our issue cos we don't have any". He also said he wants no drama when we argued before. And he was in a relationship for 5 years where he had to hide under the radar for a relationship that absolutely goes nowhere unless his ex would willing to see her parents go to prison for her relationship.... I've never met anyone who got into more drama than he did, so yeah I'm quite convinced now that this kind of people are more likely to be drama makers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships