Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 01:07 AM

9 posts, read 3,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
.....are two of the most turn-off online dating phrases I've ever heard!

1) The persons who deliberately engage in those types of conduct will continue to do it, anyway! The ultimatum won't stop them!

2) It gives good ones the impression that you are still hurt, and the potential date may believe that past hurt will be taken out on him/her!
people often say that kind of easily digestible junk, but when it comes to writing when one has enough time and space to think in more sophisticated terms such "play me with that red-head doll" behaviour is unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 10:27 AM

10,500 posts, read 6,981,908 times
Pretty much, a quick glance at someone's Facebook feed will tell you who is into drama and who is not.

Anybody who posts one pop psychology meme or Bible verse after another is a complete drama junky.

Anybody who posts about their personal ups and downs on Facebook is a complete drama junky.

Anybody who wears their hearts on their sleeves is a drama junky.

Anybody who has a constant 'Woe is me' narrative is a drama junky.

Anybody who writes Vaguebook posts is a drama junky.

The hell of it is that anyone with half-decent social antennae can determine is someone has just been hit with a couple of unfortunate events or is a complete drama junky. All you have to do is listen to them talk about their lives.

If the person has an endless series of dustups with friends, significant others, bosses, co-workers, credit card companies, auto mechanics, and God knows who else, then this is a person who is incapable of managing his or her life.

I mean, seriously. I can't remember the last time my wife and I had a serious disagreement. I can't remember the last time I had an argument with a friend or family member. I can remember having a disagreement with a client over a project, but we resolved it like adults. And if this person is telling you about these minor disasters and it's NEVER HIS/HER FAULT, then you know who is to blame for it all.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:59 PM
ZQY

40 posts, read 18,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
The hell of it is that anyone with half-decent social antennae can determine is someone has just been hit with a couple of unfortunate events or is a complete drama junky. All you have to do is listen to them talk about their lives.

If the person has an endless series of dustups with friends, significant others, bosses, co-workers, credit card companies, auto mechanics, and God knows who else, then this is a person who is incapable of managing his or her life.

I mean, seriously. I can't remember the last time my wife and I had a serious disagreement. I can't remember the last time I had an argument with a friend or family member. I can remember having a disagreement with a client over a project, but we resolved it like adults. And if this person is telling you about these minor disasters and it's NEVER HIS/HER FAULT, then you know who is to blame for it all.
Good advice. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,565,618 times
"I had my fun and I'm ready to settle down" tops my list.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:28 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,333,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
"I had my fun and I'm ready to settle down" tops my list.
That's weird, because I always wanted to be the man she got together with after the fun was over. If I ever became single and in a fit of self contempt decided to try on line dating or an app I think my profile would be, in it's entirety,

"Marginally functional man looking for woman who's had her fun to join me in an exploration of tedium".

Any like minded gents feel free to swipe this.

Old 05-12-2020, 08:36 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,565,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That's weird, because I always wanted to be the man she got together with after the fun was over. If I ever became single and in a fit of self contempt decided to try on line dating or an app I think my profile would be, in it's entirety,

"Marginally functional man looking for woman who's had her fun to join me in an exploration of tedium".

Any like minded gents feel free to swipe this.
High achieving go getter looking for a regular high mileage, sorry experienced, woman who's had her fun to join him in an exploration of finer no stress/work/sacrifice strings attached things in life. You might have a chance with this pick up line. Not even a 350 pounder wants anybody marginally functional.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,877,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It also exposes the person who posts those phrases in their profile as someone for whom that kind of behavior is part of their life, so in essence it's a warning about them.
This. Every guy I ever met who used these phrases verbally or in dating profiles turned out to be a drama queen himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships