Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 07:19 PM

87 posts, read 59,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He could be one of the narcissistic types who adores only himself. Would you want to put up with that?
He wants you to work out more? Does he even understand what are you doing for living? I doubt...
Thank you so much for your reply. Well, he seemed understanding at first

Now that you mention it, I think he was proud to introduce me to his friends because of what I do, which is worrisome because I don't want to be a trophy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
If he is only focused on physique, honestly you sound better than most. Very few people are thin or work out so if you are either, already you are ahead of the game

The number of fit guys out there outnumber fit women. Just more guys are into fitness, are athletic types. And not all require their partners to be athletic types.

I am a woman and for about a year I got really into fitness. I was restricting diet, working out. My body changed very fast. I was very slim and muscular. To be honest, I did not feel sexy this way. I didnt have soft womanly curves. My confidence in attracting men was lagging!

There were a few men in my life at that time and honestly, they liked me better a bit fatter, less muscular. They complained as I got leaner and put on muscle. They were attracted to women after all. Amd I found I felt less sexy too.

I am rambling on so much but my point is, find the body type you feel sexy with. Some men like the hard toned body type. Others like soft feminine curves. What makes you feel good?

If he is randomly shaming you on your body while you are healthy, sounds rude. Unless you find motivation in it to get in better shape. Its up to you what you find acceptable behavior in your partner.
Thank you so much

You're definitely right

I am starting to think I should not invest myself too much in this relationship

Old 05-01-2020, 07:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromnow View Post
Let's say she has a high responsibility and time-consuming job.

I am asking this because I am currently dating a guy who seems really nice But he's really fit and he made it clear that he was interested in a girl at least as active as he is.
I work up to 60 (sometimes 70) hours a week.
I am much more educated than he is (not to sound pretentious !!). I love my job (I work in the medical field) but it's really demanding so I only work out during the week-ends.

He, on the other hand, has plenty of free time, and works out a lot ++++

However, I eat healthy (no processed food), am a vegetarian, non smoker and I am thin (BMI 18.5). I have a high metabolism so I don't gain weigh

But I just wonder if this would be a deal-breaker for you ? That's silly, but I am kind of worried

Thank you very much for your replies
You should be asking him, not us. If he has a problem with the fact that you can only exercise or work out on the weekends, while you're working 60-70 hr. weeks, that's ridiculous. You need someone who's on your wavelength, and appreciates you for what you do and what you are. Hopefully, you're at least able to make time for the relationship, yes? Or is there no relationship yet; you're just getting to know each other? In any case, it seems you're able to make time to date, right?

Frankly, if it were me, I'd be more concerned about the 70-hr. weeks. Are you planning to do that for the rest of your working life?

In any case, if he wants someone as active as he is, you don't fit the bill. Right? That's why you're posting here; because you know you're not able to meet his requirement. So maybe you should let him go, to look for someone who's a gym rat. You can find a better match, even though it seems that nice guys are unicorns. Keep looking.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:30 PM

61,715 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for your reply. Well, he seemed understanding at first

Now that you mention it, I think he was proud to introduce me to his friends because of what I do, which is worrisome because I don't want to be a trophy
What is HE doing for living except spending hours to look handsome?
Perhaps yes, being much smarter and making more money you ARE a trophy to him.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You should be asking him, not us. If he has a problem with the fact that you can only exercise or work out on the weekends, while you're working 60-70 hr. weeks, that's ridiculous. You need someone who's on your wavelength, and appreciates you for what you do and what you are. Hopefully, you're at least able to make time for the relationship, yes? Or is there no relationship yet; you're just getting to know each other? In any case, it seems you're able to make time to date, right?

Frankly, if it were me, I'd be more concerned about the 70-hr. weeks. Are you planning to do that for the rest of your working life?

In any case, if he wants someone as active as he is, you don't fit the bill. Right? That's why you're posting here; because you know you're not able to meet his requirement. So maybe you should let him go, to look for someone who's a gym rat. You can find a better match, even though it seems that nice guys are unicorns. Keep looking.
Yes, I can make time for a relationship
I work crazy hours because I am in the emergency department right now, but my situation will change in a few months, fortunately

Right, I definitely don't fit the bill ...

Thank you for your reply

Old 05-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
The bigger question here is, do you like and enjoy him enough to continue to pursue a relationship?

Why does he care whether you work out if you're healthy and trim?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
What is HE doing for living except spending hours to look handsome?
Perhaps yes, being much smarter and making more money you ARE a trophy to him.
Haha, I really appreciate your bluntness

He's a hairdresser

Old 05-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The bigger question here is, do you like and enjoy him enough to continue to pursue a relationship?

Why does he care whether you work out if you're healthy and trim?
I don't know, I guess he would like us to have the same priorities (aka exercising a lot) ?

Anyway, he seems sweet, but yours replies were eye-opening and I am uncertain about this relationship's viability

Old 05-01-2020, 08:07 PM

61,715 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
I don't know, I guess he would like us to have the same priorities (aka exercising a lot) ?

Anyway, he seems sweet, but yours replies were eye-opening and I am uncertain about this relationship's viability

Old 05-01-2020, 08:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
If he's well-rounded and well-read enough to capture and keep your interest, I would ignore his job, salary and education unless he embarrasses you with improper grammar or something of that nature. You might be passing up a real gem, so on this point alone, I'd give it a chance.

There are people who enjoy staying in and others who always have to be on the go. If you're not compatible in this way, it's going to be a struggle. Sometimes you can meet in the middle where the less active person is open to going with whatever the more adventurous one wants to do, and the go-getter is willing to sit home a few nights a week.

But these are things that require open communication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships