Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 02:00 PM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromnow View Post
Let's say she has a high responsibility and time-consuming job.

I am asking this because I am currently dating a guy who seems really nice But he's really fit and he made it clear that he was interested in a girl at least as active as he is.
I work up to 60 (sometimes 70) hours a week.
I am much more educated than he is (not to sound pretentious !!). I love my job (I work in the medical field) but it's really demanding so I only work out during the week-ends.

He, on the other hand, has plenty of free time, and works out a lot ++++

However, I eat healthy (no processed food), am a vegetarian, non smoker and I am thin (BMI 18.5). I have a high metabolism so I don't gain weigh

But I just wonder if this would be a deal-breaker for you ? That's silly, but I am kind of worried

Thank you very much for your replies
I would guess you might get bored with him. I dated a bodybuilder once for about 15 minutes and he was as dumb as a rock once the alcohol wore off. lol

I will say I don't think it would be a match. He will want someone to do active stuff with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 03:50 PM

427 posts, read 1,224,189 times
OP, do you have any single Vegan or Vegetarian girlfriends? Where do younger veggie women, like ages 23-33 hangout? I'm a guy and I've been a Vegetarian for over a decade. I can't ever seem to meet Vegetarian or Vegan women. I've only met two in my whole life. One was already married and the other was much older than me. I don't get it. I ask everyone I know or meet if they know any veggie women and the answer is always no. Any advice? I'm about to just give up on girls. That's a deal breaker for me. After being Vegetarian for so long, I can't be with a girl unless she's also Vegetarian. I respect everyone's choices, I'm just into this veggie lifestyle too much to abandon it or get really close with someone that doesn't understand it at this point.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:24 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
OP, do you have any single Vegan or Vegetarian girlfriends? Where do younger veggie women, like ages 23-33 hangout? I'm a guy and I've been a Vegetarian for over a decade. I can't ever seem to meet Vegetarian or Vegan women. I've only met two in my whole life. One was already married and the other was much older than me. I don't get it. I ask everyone I know or meet if they know any veggie women and the answer is always no. Any advice? I'm about to just give up on girls. That's a deal breaker for me. After being Vegetarian for so long, I can't be with a girl unless she's also Vegetarian. I respect everyone's choices, I'm just into this veggie lifestyle too much to abandon it or get really close with someone that doesn't understand it at this point.
In my town there's a vegetarian/vegan pizza place, where the Millennials all hang out. find your town's coffee shop or pizza hangout for your age cohort, and start mingling. Where I live, the Neo-hippie places are the popular ones with the vegan crowd. Food co-ops can work, too, and public P-patches, where people grow their own veggies, if your town/city has places like that.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:44 AM

971 posts, read 688,989 times
Quote:
Let's say she has a high responsibility and time-consuming job.

I am asking this because I am currently dating a guy who seems really nice But he's really fit and he made it clear that he was interested in a girl at least as active as he is.
I work up to 60 (sometimes 70) hours a week.
I am much more educated than he is (not to sound pretentious !!). I love my job (I work in the medical field) but it's really demanding so I only work out during the week-ends.

He, on the other hand, has plenty of free time, and works out a lot ++++

However, I eat healthy (no processed food), am a vegetarian, non smoker and I am thin (BMI 18.5). I have a high metabolism so I don't gain weigh

But I just wonder if this would be a deal-breaker for you ? That's silly, but I am kind of worried

Thank you very much for your replies
The fact you are a vegetarian, know your BMI, workout, and are skinny, would all be deal breakers for me, in the order mentioned. But that's just me.

I briefly dated a health nut who tried to tell me what and how to eat and criticized my eating habits. Not for me. Not into cooking two differnt meals because I don't like rabbit food. I am not a workout person and I know how that goes in a relationship where one party doesn't want to workout with the one that does. And I am not into skinny women.

BUT, that being said, I have male buddies that would gladly overlook finicky eating habits and gym time to have someone who is skinny, because they are into skinny chicks.

There is someone for everyone.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:50 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
Quote:
Hi

Thank you so much for all or your replies, I really appreciate !!

And I apologize for my late answer, I am kind of drowning work lately

About the guy : I never meant to belittle him because of his job, he's very intelligent and cultivated and we have fantastics conversations
I don't think a degree makes you a better person, so that's definitely not the problem

However, I find him too controlling for my tastes and it's making me uncomfortable ...

Like some of you predicted it, he made a comment about how I would look better if I toned up a bit... I am not sure it was ill intended, but I didn't take it well

When I gently replied that I didn't have much time, or that I'd rather collapse of exhaustion on the sofa and watch a movie during my free time, we started to argue :

He tried to make suggestions about how I could fill my free time differently and I got annoyed

So you're right, there's nothing wrong with the fact that he wants to date someone who exercices a lot, but I can not stand the pressure he puts on me and it's really unfair.
I completely agree with K12144 on this one

He apologized because he could see that I was hurt, but I am not sure I want to see him again
Not everyone who is into fitness is a narcissist, but of the people who are going to the gym all of the time, narcissists are overrepresented in that population. That you are getting a vibe that he is controlling, well that is a trait that again is more common in NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder.) I am not saying he has that but more to listen to your intuition here. Also see below. Because you already have external locus of control you are more worried about what he wants than what you want.

https://pro.psychcentral.com/recover...co-narcissist/

Old 05-05-2020, 08:35 PM

427 posts, read 1,224,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In my town there's a vegetarian/vegan pizza place, where the Millennials all hang out. find your town's coffee shop or pizza hangout for your age cohort, and start mingling. Where I live, the Neo-hippie places are the popular ones with the vegan crowd. Food co-ops can work, too, and public P-patches, where people grow their own veggies, if your town/city has places like that.
There's nothing like that where I live. If it were as easy as going to some fictional Vegan pizza joint or hippie shop, I would've already been all over that. Closest thing to that around me is a Starbucks and I've already asked all the baristas about Vegetarian or Vegan women. None of them know of any. I've gone as far as offering people I know and meet cash rewards, finders fees if you will, if they introduce me to a women that meets my vague parameters. Which are I'm seeking a Vegetarian or Vegan woman between the ages of 23-33 that is skinny or athletic build, which if she actually is Vegan or Vegetarian isn't asking for much since girls in that genre are almost always skinny, athletic or average build due to high metabolisms like the OP discussed.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
There's nothing like that where I live. If it were as easy as going to some fictional Vegan pizza joint or hippie shop, I would've already been all over that. Closest thing to that around me is a Starbucks and I've already asked all the baristas about Vegetarian or Vegan women. None of them know of any. I've gone as far as offering people I know and meet cash rewards, finders fees if you will, if they introduce me to a women that meets my vague parameters. Which are I'm seeking a Vegetarian or Vegan woman between the ages of 23-33 that is skinny or athletic build, which if she actually is Vegan or Vegetarian isn't asking for much since girls in that genre are almost always skinny, athletic or average build due to high metabolisms like the OP discussed.
They're not fictional. Chicago has plenty of them, as most large cities do.

Aren't you near St. Louis, MO? There are plenty of vegetarian restaurants there. There are also facebook groups as well as meetup groups.

Are you still in that area or did you move to Mayberry?

Old 05-06-2020, 06:52 AM

1,246 posts, read 824,261 times
Quote:
Based on the bolded sentences, I think vegetarianism is not the issue here.

Anyway for the OP, I think obsessive fixation on appearance (both his own and yours) is a bad sign.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:45 AM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:

Brother, get up to my city of Boulder. You'll be in heaven. Not joking.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:03 PM

87 posts, read 59,723 times
Bearsdad, thank you for your perspective
I completely agree : there's somebody for everyone and I am not a good match for plenty of people, and reciprocally

Grlzrl, I think that too :/
Anyway, I have decided to break up with him...
That makes me sad but I am sure it's for the best. I don't know how to tell him this, I don't want to hurt him. Any advices ?

jcx456 Yes, I have several friends who are vegan/vegetarian as well and I don't think it's that hard to find, especially nowadays OkCupid is a great dating app and you can search partners and/or friends with a similar diet !
I made some friends that way

Riffle, you're right thanks

shelato : you may be right, I read your article and that was very informative thank you !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships